Mission Accomplished

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I found him!” Mo Yeon exclaimed as she brows the lists of the donor’s. She had been doing this for weeks since she got back from Urk and today, someone finally passed her standards.

“You startled me. Why, what did you found?” Ji Soo asked her looking at her weirdly.

“The perfect donor!” she exclaimed, looking at his credentials and pictures.

“YAH! Are you still thinking about that? I thought it was just a phase.” Her friend blurted out. She thought her friend was just having her moments when she told her about her interest in AID; Artificial Insemination by Donor. She couldn’t possibly mean that?!

“I don’t joke about this kind of things you know” Mo Yeon told her off handedly. The file of this donor was impressive. She couldn’t believe her luck.

“You do know that you do not have to do it yourself just because our hospital promotes it?” Ji Soo’s jaw fell as she realized the seriousness of the situation.

“I’m not doing this for the hospital, it’s for me” she declared not looking up from her papers.

“Listen to me okay? As your best friend, I think you should think about it again and again until-“ Ji Soo tried to make her friend see enlightenment. Not that she didn’t respect anyone who had done AID, in fact she thinks highly of those women but her friend is a different case. She’s smart, beautiful and she could get any man she wanted, why would she go through this program?

“I already made my mind” Mo Yeon said firmly

“What about Si Jin? Don’t you want to have a family with him?” Ji Soo doesn’t want to ask her friend this but it was her last bullet. If this doesn’t get through her, she don’t know what would.

Silence followed her statement. She finally tore away her eyes from her papers and huffs, “It’s not about what I wanted. With him, there just comes this uncertainty. You see during my stay at Urk, I’ve got this enlightenment. I’ve learned that we only had a short life and I want to be happy with or without him.”

And she did mean every word she said. She had got this conclusion after everything that happened in Urk. Her outlook in life had taken a different route. Although she still loves him, she doesn’t want to base her happiness on him. Her happiness, she decided, should be her main priority now. Urk has been an eye opener. She learned that life is too short to be taken for granted. She wanted to bring a new meaning in her life.

Ji Soo sighed, knowing that once her friend decided, she wouldn’t hear anything else. “Are you really sure about this?”

“200%” Mo Yeon answered with an okay sign.

“Let’s just talk about this donor...” shaking her head at her friend, she decided to support her friend.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

“W-What did you say? Is this some kind of a joke? Where’s the camera huh?” Si Jin asked Mo Yeon. He had just gotten back from another mission after Urk when he heard about her party. Shock was an understatement of what he is feeling right now.

“I’m serious” She told him calmly in her firm tone, clear that it is not open for any discussion. They were at the side of the room, overlooking the gathering where she had invited her friends and colleagues.

“You mean to tell me this- this party,” he said gesturing the party in her rented room “is for the... success of artificial what?!” he couldn’t believe his luck. This was probably the last thing on his mind when he heard her of this celebration. He thought she got promoted or something.

“It’s artificial insemination, you know for the-”Mo Yeon started to explain the process of this kind of insemination when Si Jin cut her off. Her calm voice was irritating him. ‘How can she be so calm when I am about to lose my mind?’

“I know what it is for.” He told her keeping his temper on check when many turn heads on their direction “Why are you doing this?”

“Don’t be so overdramatic, it’s not like I’m asking you to be the donor” she exclaimed not knowing that it is decidedly the wrong thing to say to him right now.

 “I need a drink, where’s the booze?” he leave her there hanging. He goes over the counter to get a drink and mumbles under his breath “Donor, donor... who is that damn donor?”

“The donor you asked?” Ji Soo joined him on the counter, “he’s there on the left side” she said pointing at the good looking man surrounded by the ladies. He sized his enemy up and he couldn’t help but be irritated when he notices that he’s taller than him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter