Moving In

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minguk, be careful” Mo Yeon shouted at the giggling boy as he keeps on exploring the place, jumping on top of the chairs and running from one place to another. She couldn’t run after him yet as she’s still on top of the truck, checking her possessions. They have been at it for a few hours already and there’s still a few boxes.

Si Jin couldn’t help but smile widely at the scene in front of him. ‘This is it.’  He finally had them where he wanted them to be. Albeit it was a little bit different situation but for now, he would take whatever he can get. It was not yet permanent but he would die trying to hold on, promising to do his best in making her see him again in a different light and finally make her his again.

 “Wow... Uncle Si Jin your house is so big.” Minguk exclaimed excitedly running around the place. He sometimes wonders where the boy’s energy comes from as he seems to be so lively all the time.

Si Jin entered the house after Minguk, carrying a large box and laughing softly at the boy’s enthusiasm. With the help of his alpha team a few days ago, everything was already arranged. Their house was already fully furnished and though the rooms painting were still in good condition, he insisted on re-painting them as to make it more personal. He had been discharged just the other day and the first time he’d seen the house, he thanked heavens he had his team. They did a very good job and the house now looks as good as new.

It was not actually as huge as Minguk describes. He’d like to think humbly that it was just larger than their previous house. His new abode has two-floor, one living area, one family area, huge kitchen, one dining area, large bath room at the first floor, veranda,  study, garden, maid’s quarter, three bed rooms (each with bathroom), one master bed room with a balcony and top it off, it also has a small clearing where he plans on placing either a basketball ring or football goalposts. The added bonus was its overall look. It has earthen features using stone cladding and wooden panels giving off a nice blend with the environment not to mention the large windows, permitting natural light. It was called as a modern Zen style because its contemporary style infuses with zen style. The relaxing vibe and the warmth of the house make him wonder why anyone would sell a place like this. The price was definitely worth it.

“Do you like it?” he asked the boy after placing the box on the living area, heading towards the kitchen.

“YES!” the kid shouted running after him and hugs his left knee.

Startled, Si Jin instantly places his hand on the kitchen counter to balance himself as they almost toppled on the ground. This was the first time Minguk initiated hugging him and felt a warm feeling as his chest constricted. He smiled at the thought and swoops down to carry him.

“What do you want to drink?” he asked, opening the refrigerator and pointed at the juice, milk and chocolate drink. Minguk’s eyes widen as he quickly pointed at the latter, clapping his hands excitedly. ‘Of course, as if he needs to ask’ he thought.

“Chocolate is my favorite!” he said, gratefully accepting the drink with both hands.

“I thought it was strawberry?” Si Jin asked, teasing the boy as they made their way to the entrance to check the progress.

Si Jin looks up at her, hiding his smirk as she struggles on lifting one particular large box. His smirk was wiped off when he saw her hired helpers discretely checking her out. He gritted his teeth and glared as she hands the box to the helper below. Damn. His team was not available today because of a mission and so she has to rely and hire some helpers. In his excitement, he forgets to check them personally. He turns to say something to Minguk when he saw him frowning too while sipping his chocolate.

Mo Yeon looked at them and laughed at their similar expression, wondering what happened in order to make them look so sullen, she still remembers the two laughing silly earlier. She shakes her head when one helper taps her shoulder to ask something. 

“MOM!” he suddenly called waving the hand that was holding the chocolate drink at her, while hugging Si Jin close with the other.

“Honey!” He smirked as he throws caution to the wind and called her too. That one word earned a different reaction; Minguk laughs loudly, repeating the word honey over and over again while Mo Yeon  bit her lip and glared at him. ‘If only looks could kill’, she thought.

On the bright side, which he often focuses, at least, it caught the attention of the workers and looked at him guiltily. Mo Yeon told them before that she was only moving in with a friend and they totally bought it, now they know the silver lining.

He squats and lifted Minguk on one of the chairs on the veranda, messes his hair and walked towards her.

“Yah. Leave this to me. You just go inside and make yourself comfortable” he said offering her his hand. Mo Yeon just frowns and ignored him, handing another box to the man beside him. This woman is so stubborn and independent, it’s just two of the many reasons he like about her. He ‘tsked’, watching the process and deliberately caught her hand before she could take another box.

“I know you don’t need help,” he said changing tactics, “but we need to eat too you know. Right?” gesturing to the other helper and squinting his eyes for them to agree. The workers look at each other and nod at the same time, they’ve heard from the kid that this guy is a soldier.

“See. You just go inside and prepare food” he quickly took hold of her waist, ignoring her protest and lifted her down on the ground.

“But you’ve just been dis-“her words were cut off by Minguk taking hold of her hand and leads her inside the house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter