Mr. Kim

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s so good to be back!” Si Jin called out stretching after he got down Dae Young’s car. Their ritual, 3 days and no nights were cancelled because all of them had more pressing issues to tackle.

D-Day has finally come. The day were they could finally go home after a grueling mission. He couldn’t hide his excitement anymore as he smiles silly, opening the car’s compartment and taking his bag. Albeit, their rest day would only last for a few days, maximum of three, he was still on-call. This was probably the reason why he was so motivated with everything that has to do with Minguk and Mo Yeon because he could be called in to duty anytime.

“Do you want to get inside first?” he asked, stopping beside the driver’s seat after noticing Dae Young’s sweaty forehead and pale expression. It looks like they weren’t on the same boat.

“N-no need. The sooner the better.” Dae Young convinces himself, nodding his head repeatedly. “I need to go” He adds almost distractingly and proceeds to start the car again.

“Goodluck!” Si Jin shouted, waving as the car was already moving away. Honestly, he pities the guy. After all, he has to face an angry general and a pregnant bridezilla Myung Joo. That was just a disaster waiting to happen. Although , he still couldn’t help his laughter as he remembers Dae Young shocked expression from before, when he learned he was suddenly a father. In his opinion, that was just so epic. He don’t know what he’ll do if it’ll happen to him. He shakes his head from his thought.

“Well, if it’s with Mo Yeon then I’ll probably-What the?!” Si Jin cried loudly after opening the gate, taken aback by the scene in front of him.

There they were the two people he wanted to see the most in the world, except they weren’t alone. A man in a suit was playing with what looks like a board game with Minguk against Mo Yeon whilst giving her all these shy smiles in the veranda. She doesn’t seem to notice this as she laughs while helping her son. The only consolation was the little boy’s reluctant expression.  They all looked up after a loud ‘thud’, his bag dropping on the floor.

“Uncle Si Jin! You’re back!!” Minguk exclaimed happily scrambling down from his seat and runs to him. Si Jin smiled a little bit hesitantly as he’s mind is still on the scene earlier while opening his arms as the little boy jumps up to him. Good thing he was alert. He quickly took hold of him and picked up his fallen bag, making his way towards the now standing Mo Yeon.

“So... what did I miss?” Si Jin asked, smiling at Mo Yeon and glaring hard at the man when she looks at the other man, shaking his head at disbelief. The other man’s brows furrowed as he adjusted his glasses, annoyed at the sudden interruption.

Mo Yeon only looked at him for a few seconds, wondering if she’d be too obvious if she hugged him. The past week has been hard for her. Actually not just hard but rather stressful with Si Jin’s disappearance and when she heard about the comeback of the donor a few days after she admits to herself that she wanted to give her and Si Jin’s relationship a chance. Now she is in a dilemma. Minguk’s father, Mr. Kim Woo Bin has just gotten out of a messy break up/divorce and is trying to be a better person starting with getting to know his son. What kind of mother does not want that for her child?

She ended up going with her guts anyway, momentarily forgetting her problems as she hugs him, earning a surprise gasp from Si Jin and laughter from Minguk as he was sandwiched in between. Finally he’s back now. She sighed with relief, holding on to the only thing that would make her sane in these difficult situations.

“Did you miss me that much?” Si Jin was too happy about her hug that he was willing to ignore the small matter about the other man. Ever since their break up, their skin ship was never the same. ‘She’d never initiate this kind of hugs unless he was on the brink of dying’, he thought, remembering their reunion on the hospital. He’d learn not to take these little things for granted and just make the most of it. Shifting his hold on Minguk so he’d be able to hold both of them, he got lost on the feel of them being so closed to him again. He smiled and kissed her temple.

“Ehem” An awkward cough brought them all back to reality.

“Oh!” Mo Yeon blushes as she quickly separates herself from the hug, just remembering the other man, Mr. Kim’s presence. “You two have met before, I think. This is Yoo Si Jin, my best friend” she said to the man gesturing at him and then turning swiftly to hm to introduce the other. “And this is Mr. Kim, the donor.”  

“What donor?” Si Jin’s brows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter