Taking Responsibility

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already a month since Mo Yeon last saw Si Jin and she might almost forgot about him if she’s not seeing the happy couple, Myung Joo and Mr. Stiff in that restaurant. Her work and preparation to become a professor for her second try leaves her almost half asleep on her way home.

“I thought you’d never showed up” Si Jin suddenly speaks startling Mo Yeon and making her stumble. Fortunately, his reflexes were fast and he caught her.

“Yah! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!” Mo Yeon glares at him as he helps her stand up smiling weakly at her. “H-Hey, are you okay?”

She couldn’t help but notice something different in his eyes. Like he was not the same man she saw before. His eyes seem sad and his smile doesn’t reach his eyes. 

“Can I... get my prescription now?”

Mo Yeon couldn’t do anything but stare at him. ‘It couldn’t be just because of Myung Joo right?’  He looks like a lost little boy who is in need of hug and comfort. Her heart was caught and it was the first time she felt this constriction on her chest.

Si Jin noticed the look in her eyes and forced a laugh, “Why are you looking at me like that? I’m sorry for troubling you today. I’ll just walk you home as compensation. Yah! Is this the correct time for a lady to go home? It is already morning and I was waiting for you for almost two hours on that restaurant. Is this what they call the precious lifestyle of a doctor?”

She decided to just go with his act since he was trying so hard and stayed silent as he continues to joke around until she finds herself in front of her doorstep.

“This is the first time I’m in a doorstep of a pretty doctor you know. Don’t you dare try anything funny, I’ll scream if -” Mo Yeon turns to look him in the eyes and cuts him off.

“You can stop now. It’s okay. You don’t have to pretend in front of me.”

His expression suddenly changes; his fake smile was gone. “Am I that bad at acting?” he asked looking anywhere but her. She took notice of his paleness and excessive sweating as her doctor instincts cut in.

“Did you have any injury or sickness?” she asked giving him a once over and checking his pulse

“I-I might have” He said looking directly in her eyes and lifted his shirt where his gun wound is.

Thanking her lucky stars that she got strong hold on her emotions, she managed to look calm and collected. Being alone with a man who had gunshot wound and who she barely knows is making her nervous yet she trusted her gut. She opened the door and helped him lay on the couch, immediately getting to work as he’s barely hanging on his consciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Where am I?” Si Jin wonders almost instantly assessing the place. Being paranoid comes hand in hand on his training, well, he’d like to call it staying alert, he only calmed down when he saw Mo Yeon’s picture on the side table. ‘This must be her house’ he thought looking around with renewed vigor.

“Oh? You’re already awake?” Mo Yeon entered the house with red rimmed eyes looking like she cried for a long time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter