His Secret Weapon

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s your daughter?” Dr. Kang asks Chi Hoon, placing her ice coffee next to him. They were at the cafeteria having a late lunch after a successful operation.

The rest of the person at their table looked at him concerned. Just like Minguk, his daughter was also close to their heart.

“What happened to cutie Ilayda?” Nurse Min-Ji said as she stared at the doctor.

“It was not that serious. My mom just panicked but she’s okay now.” Chi Hoon answered her flashing his pearly white teeth’s “Thank you Dr. Kang for substituting me”

“No problem” she smiled at him. It was really fine with her because she understands the situation. ‘Been there, done that’

“Omo.” Nurse Min-Ji gasped as she stares at her phone, earning glances from all of them. “I need to go” she said hurrying away.

“What happened to her?” a newcomer Ji Soo asked no one in particular as she takes the seat vacated by the nurse.

“She probably has a date with Gi-Bum” Nurse Ja-Ae said off handedly. Mo Yeon smiled at the thought of that young soldier, he has traveled far from being a thief.

“Aigoo... What about us?” Dr. Song drops his spoon and stared at the nurse with a mischievous smile, “When we’ll we have our baby?”

“What baby?” the nurse just rolled her eyes at the doctor.

Mo Yeon bit her lips to stop herself from laughing as Ji Soo ‘tsked’. They have been married for a year already but they still act like teenagers.

“Did your mother come back from her vacation?” Ji Soo asked her amidst the bickering of the other two. She was watching amusedly as Nurse Ja-Ae smack Dr. Song with her spoon when he tried kiss her, a laughing Chi Hoon can be heard on the background.

“No.” The thought of her mother brought something back home. She frowned when she was reminded of her lease expiration. She was basically a homeless person next week.

“How come I haven’t seen your son? He usually stays in my office on weekends” Ji Soo wondered. Minguk has been close to her because he stays with her whenever his mother has shifts. She thought that Mo Yeon’s mother must have come back from Italy because she hadn’t seen him around lately.

“Minguk is with-” her answer was cut off when, as if on cue, Minguk’s laughter can be heard. They heard him giggling while giving instructions to someone.

“Oh? Isn’t that Minguk?” Dr. Chi Hoon perks up as he looked backwards to where the sound came from.

“Uncle, turn left, the cafeteria is there. Minguk is hungry” the boy said excitedly.

“Who’s he talking to?” Nurse Ja-ae asked as she craned her neck towards the entrance of the canteen. She doesn’t have to look because she already knew who is with her son.

“Again? We’ve just ate noodles” A man’s deep voice said.

Everyone on their table except Mo Yeon, stared shocked at the two as they entered. Dr. Song dropped his spoon. Minguk was sitting on a man’s lap who’s in a wheelchair.

“Oh! It’s mom!” Mo Yeon grins at her son’s voice. She loves the idea that her son could recognize her just by looking at her back. A wheelchair stopped next to her and a small hand pulls on her coat. “Hi Uncle Song, Uncle Chi Hoon, Aunt Ji Soo and Aunt Ja-ae” Si Jin laughs and Mo Yeon gins on her coffee as the boy puffs and continued “Mom! You need to come with us”

Smiling, she finally turned to her son and stared at the two of them with her hand on her chin. They looked adorable.

“Have you eaten?” Si Jin asked her after greeting everyone, not that they heard him because they were staring at them, gaping like a fish.

She shook her head no as she finally gives in and stands up, handing Si Jin her coffee. “Bye guys” she called to the others as she pushed his wheelchair towards the food area.

“Ji Soo, are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Dr. Song asked, still watching the trio with a strange gleam in his eyes.

“Yes. He’s the one right?” Ji Soo answered off handedly as Minguk and Si Jin laugh together, their face were very closed that the resemblance were uncanny.

“What are you two talking about?” Nurse Ja-Ae asked them

Dr. Song stared at her for second then moves his chair closer to hers and pointed at the trio; they were sitting on a table not that far away from them. Si Jin was putting bib on Minguk as Mo Yeon cuts the meat.  

“We finally solved the puzzle about who reminds us of Minguk” he told her.

“But it only opens up a bigger puzzle” Ji Soo said off handedly, sipping her coffee.

“It’s impossible” Nurse Ja-ae pipes up, shaking her head.

“Maybe she didn’t really undergo AID and did it the traditional way.” Chi Hoon whispered and the other three gasped and stared at him, their eyes wide at the possibility of the idea. “I remember they got really well together on Urk”

“Yah, that was... a great theory” Dr. Song exclaimed nodding his head.

 “It’s not like they were that innocent” Ji Soo sighed as she remembered seeing their flushed embarrassed face when she caught them a handful of times on a compromising position before.

They toyed with the ridiculous speculation for a while until Nurse Ja-Ae shakes her head

“But it doesn’t really makes sense” Nurs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter