And Breaking Up

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Si Jin...” Mo Yeon cried dialing his number on her phone repeatedly, “Why are you not answering me? Just this once please. I need you now. Where are you?” It was supposed to be their friendship second anniversary and they were planning to go all out because finally they got free time together with their busy schedules; she for her application for profession and him, his missions. It was supposed to be a happy day but all turns to worst when he got called to work forcing them to cancel their date for the nth time.

After he left, she had received the news that her application for professor on her third try got denied again but this time it was for someone who’s got no talent at all. Betrayal was one thing she never thought her profession would give her but it was exactly what she is feeling, bitterness seeping through her. Angry, tired, disappointed, she started questioning if it is worth it. Maybe it wasn’t just meant to be. Maybe there are just things that no matter how much you worked, how much you’ve sacrificed, the ending still wouldn’t change. She gave her all, studying and researching in her free days, almost living in the operation room. At one point, she even felt sure that she’ll get the damn position but it seems like her talent didn’t win, couldn’t win from any connections her rival had. To top it off, Kim Eun Ji, the incompetent one who got the position because her father is some big shareholder, told her to take her place in the morning interview and memorize lines. The nerve of that girl. Her words though shot through her heart creating doubts and fears, echoing in her mind.

“Though it’s shameful, at least I became a professor. But you went through all the shame and are left with nothing”

She called and called Si Jin, just trying to assure herself that she still have something right in her life when all she believed turns out to be wrong. For the first time in their relationship, she just wants to be selfish. Wanted him to choose her for once... but he never answered her call.

“Why are you doing this to me?” she called again, crying earnestly. She knows she should compose herself and start memorizing the handouts but she was just so tired. “Just one more call, I promise I’ll stop. I would be strong and do what is expected of me.” She promised herself “Just one last call”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why do you keep on doing this to me?” She asked, tears b on her eyes. Honesty was something they always lacked but she thought that they already had an understanding, talking about things that matters would be the best resolution. They promised- but why did she have to find it from others that he will be gone for almost a year to the other side of the world. She looked like a fool, not knowing her boyfriend’s plan.

Her application denial were still weighing down on her harder than ever as she hadn’t had time to tell him about it when she heard from Myung Joo that their team would be deployed. All of this left her questioning everything and doubting their relationship. Do they really have future together? Is she even included in his future plans?

“I swear I’m going to tell you. I was just finding the right timing-” Si Jin cried. He really wanted to tell her earlier but he can’t f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter