On Being an Item

The Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(DECEMBER 15)

“Hey pretty doctor!” Si Jin greeted Mo Yeon, hugging her from behind.

"It's sad" Dr. Song shakes his head at the two "He acts like he doesn't see us"

"Are you not yet accustomed at the their antics?" Nurse Ja-Are rolled her eyes at him and resumed her conversation with the Dr. Chi Hoon and Nurse Min-Ji.

Dr. Song nodded still watching the two who now are talking quietly while Si Jin hugs her from behind. "You've got a point. That is normal for them"

They were currently at the cafeteria eating their dinner.

“I miss you” Mo Yeon said turning her head to look at him and started caressing his cheeks. Si Jin couldn’t help himself anymore. He was waiting for this for a long time and now that their relationship doesn’t have any restrictions, he kissed her, oblivious to their audience.

That though is NOT normal. Immediately the group became quiet, staring at them; Dr. Chi Hoon gapes while Dr. Song chokes on his food with Nurse Ja-Ae thumping on his back distracted. They have often seen the two hanging out, hugging and holding hands, a kiss on the check at one or two occasion but never on the lips.

“Am I seeing things already?” Nurse Min-Ji asked shocked

Dr. Chi Hoon shakes his head, “I can see it too”

“I knew it! know I said it would happen on December but I never knew it would be like this.” Dr. Song said after he recovered, staring at the two

Uh-oh. They have not told anyone yet because it’s still new but they actually started dating. The two broke off from their kiss and Mo Yeon buried her face on the table clearly embarrassed. They have actually forgotten that they have audience. Si Jin smiled at them brightly still not letting go of her and buried his face on her neck.

 (FLASHBACK: MID-NOVEMBER)

“Why? Are you cold?” he asked her, holding out his hand for her to take and putting both their hands on his jacket. “There, is that better?”

Mo Yeon looked away to hide her blush, uncomfortable at his intense gaze, “OH! It’s snowing! It is the first snow of the year. My grandmother once told me, the person you are with on the first snowfall is supposed to be your soul mate. Can you believe that myth? That is just plain ridiculous!” she rambled, laughing. Although holding hands and hugging were typical for them, she still couldn’t help blushing from time to time. She was just a girl with a handsome man after all.

Si Jin smiled at her blush. It became his personal mission to make her blush as often as he could because he find her so cute and adorable. He is in love with her, he knows it for a long time but he just couldn’t step up their friendship, afraid that he’s confession would overwhelm her. So he’s taking little steps like holding her hands as often as he could and hugging her more than usual. Today though, he couldn’t hold back anymore. She was just so beautiful, holding her other hand out, smiling at the sight of the snow.

“I wish your grandmother is right.” He said gazing hard at her shocked eyes, “because I’m in love with you”

She was staring at him with wide eyes and open mouth, unsure if she heard what she heard. In their almost one year and half of friendship, it was the first time she heard Si Jin told her he loves her. 

“I think I’ve just confessed. Say something, you’re making me nervous” he joked, although she could see the traces of seriousness in his eyes.

Just as she was about to speak, the silence was broken by his ringing phone. His face immediately looked disappointed and crestfallen when he saw his superior's call sign. He just hate it when this happens, and it often does.

“Salute, Captain Yoo Si Jin” he called at the phone “Okay, I’ll be there, salute”

Si Jin looked at her sadly, “I need to go. Think about what it. I am very serious”

And with that, he left her hanging. She thinks and thinks about it until his words were on repeat on her mind, particularly the ‘I’m in love with you’ part. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter