Chapter 10 :Day 10-11 Unfortunate

Vulnerable Heart

{G}
    He was hurt. Covered in his own blood and in a way that Ga Eul would have never wished to see someone she cared for. She flew with him all the way to the hospital. Yi Jeong’s brother Il Hyun doing the same but it was only Ga Eul that held on to his hand. The paramedics continued to speak around her putting an IV drip on Yi Jeong in order to try to stabilize him enough to make it to the hospital. Ga Eul refused to cry as much as tears were stinging her eyes she wanted to let YI Jeong know should he wake up in this moment that things would be okay. Ga Eul could feel her own heart squeeze as she took in just how badly beaten Yi Jeong was. There was not one inch of him that was not bruised or bleeding. She could hear the EMT say something about internal bleeding and Ga Eul knew it was not good. Il Hyun was quiet beside her and at the moment she couldn’t really take the time to observe the other man and his reactions because all she did care about was that Yi Jeong be alright.
    She could see his right hand lay limp at his side and Ga Eul felt not pity but fear. Knowing just how much pottery meant to Yi Jeong. There was too much going on in her mind her fears, her concerns, her parents, Yi Jeong’s, their friends. There were so many questions of what if’s and not enough time to worry about each one. It felt like an eternity to arrive at the hospital and Ga Eul found herself following Yi Jeong every step of the way there. In the back of her head she could hear someone call her name while she tried to follow Yi Jeong into the emergency room but it was only when she felt arms wrap around her that she came to and tried to struggle out of them.
“No!”
“Please! You have to let me go with him.” Ga Eul cried trying to fight her way out of this person’s arms.
“Please. Please. I need to know he’s going to be okay.” She begged through her tears feeling like she was going crazy every second that she did not know what was going on with Yi Jeong.
“Ga Eul!”
    It was a voice that was firm, harsh, angry, and at the same time gentle. His voice caused her to still in his arms and slowly she was turned to face him.
“Appa” Ga Eul cried clinging on to her father who hugged her back just as tightly allowing Ga Eul to cry in his arms. It took Ga Eul a moment to realize that her mother along with Ariel’s parents were also there.
“He’s going to be okay sweetheart.” Her mother comforted reaching to take Ga Eul’s hand in hers.
“He’s young and strong. He’ll make it.” Her father assured her. As much as Ga Eul wanted to believe that to be true her heart would remain in this state of limbo until she looked at Yi Jeong herself once again and he would look back at her. 

{A}
    It was only one glance she had given Yi Jeong and when she had Ariel had cringed in pain and fear the person beside her taking her in his arms to shield her away.
“Sempai.” Ariel spoke while she looked up at Ji Hoo who tried to maintain his own composure. Though his eyes gave away the sadness he tried to hide.
“Are you alright? Were you hurt?” She questioned JI Hoo who simply shook his head.
“Ariel!” 
    Relieved to see her mother and father Ariel was quick to embrace them tightly. Her mother sobbing uncontrollably and it was only when she heard Ga Eul fighting to go with Yi Jeong that Ariel caught sight of Il Hyun who was doing the same. She wished to go to her friend but it was her mother who held her back and motioned to Ga Eul’s parents who were both trying to comfort her. Ariel watched as her father went to Il Hyun and when Il Hyun turned to look at her father there was something in both their eyes and then Il Hyun began to cry in her fathers’ arms.
“Uncle” 
    Shock was clear in everyone face and Ariel turned to look at her mother who nodded and went to Il Hyun.
“Aunt Annabelle.” Il Hyun cried.
“What’s going on? “Ga Eul asked something that everyone wanted to know.
“Uncle Lee is my mother’s older brother. He and Aunt Anna left Korea and moved to Japan before Ariel was born I just.” Il Hyun spoke shaking his head.
“I didn’t piece this all together when I saw you.” Il Hyun spoke turning to look at Ariel.
“You look so much like your mother but I never thought. I didn’t know you were back.” Il Hyun spoke turning back to Mr. and Mrs. Lee.
“How is this possible?” Il Hyun questioned.
“Why did you not say anything after Ga Eul and I introduced Yi Jeong to you?” Ariel questioned feeling overwhelmed. 
“We wanted you kids to become friends on your own not because you were forced to be.” Mrs. Lee explained.
“We’ll discuss that later right now all that should matter is that Yi Jeong gets better.” Mrs. Lee spoke turning to Il Hyun.
“You never visited. You never sent any word.” 
“After your mother took you both back we weren’t allowed to. Her lawyers and your father’s made sure of that. We wanted to wait until Yi Jeong was of age. It’s why we moved here a few years ago. If you approached first there would be nothing wrong with that.” Mr. Lee explained.
“Where is your mother?” Mr. Lee asked.
“Mom doesn’t care.” Il Hyun spoke his voice emotionless as he said those words. His eyes hardened.
“And your father?”
“He’s the reason Yi Jeong is here. He’s fled the city. Mother had another episode after finding out and… She’s being sent away again.” Il Hyun spoke.

{G}
    It was too much for Ga Eul to handle. Not that she thought any of this would get easier. But it seemed like things were only worsening around Yi Jeong. She understood Yi Jeong enough these past few days to understand just above the surface of who he was. His actions towards women and the way he carried himself with life and his views of love all made sense to Ga Eul now. This Yi Jeong had built himself a wall to protect himself when it came to love and being hurt by people. Ga Eul remembered when Yi Jeong had told her he hated being alone. 
    Her heart hurt for him. She couldn’t understand at first, why someone who was surrounded by luxury and everything he could want in the world be so miserable. Then again, there was the problem. Materialistically speaking, So Yi Jeong head everything and anything in the world he could possibly want and yet… He lacked everything a normal person such as herself had. Looking to her parents who were silently chatting with Ariel’s own parents Ga Eul reached to grab her father and mothers’ hands as she sat in between them. She was so grateful to have them. To have people in this world that cared for her so much and would drop everything and anything for her. She realized that not everyone had that. Yi Jeong had great friends and people who cared for him just like her but Ga Eul also knew that nothing could ever replace the care and warmth that parents offered you.
    She could see Yi Jeong in her mind. How they had first started the previous week and just how different he had been just two days ago. It seemed like she was beginning to crack a shell that had protected Yi Jeong and now she feared for what was to come next. She could understand YI Jeong just enough to know that he hated pity. It was why he kept his life at home separate from his friends. It was a vulnerability that he had not wanted people to see an open wound that he carried and did not want to close. But now… that wound might have just gotten bigger.
“I’ll be there for him.” Ga Eul thinks to herself.
“We’ll all be here for him.” She thinks once again while looking at the people around her. Jan Di is silently sitting beside Jun Pyo her head resting on his shoulder while Jun Pyo quietly sits beside her. Woo Bin has an arm around Jae Kyung who is sitting in a familiar fashion that Jan Di. Ariel is quietly sitting beside Ji Hoo both of them speaking silently amongst one another offering comfort this way to one another. 
“Il Hyun!”
    Interrupted in their quiet space it was Il Hyun’s fiancé Eun Jae that rushed in. There was a look of relief on Yi Jeong’s older brother’s face before he embraced the woman in front of him. There was a look of worry in her eyes and yet. Something in Ga Eul’s heart told her something was off.
“How is he? Have you heard anything?” Eun Jae questioned. Her eyes briefly landing on Ga Eul and there was a sort of passing look which flickered in the woman’s eyes as if Ga Eul was nothing that made her stomach knot just a bit. 
“The doctors haven’t come out. Yi Jeong is still in surgery. He had some internal bleeding.” Il Hyun spoke. 
“I’m sure he’ll be okay.” Eun Jae spoke.
“Before you know it he’ll be back to being Mr. Casanova and he’ll be dating the next girl” Eun Jae spoke sweetly. Her words making Ga Eul’s heart clench.

{YJ}
*Smash*
    The sound of broken art wakes him up from the darkness. Yi Jeong finds himself in a dark place where absolutely nothing runs for miles. 
*Smash*
More ceramics break and Yi Jeong feels his heart race. He can hear the echo of the shard of now ruined art fall to hundreds of pieces and then he sees a perfect work of ceramic. The work so beautiful and delicate a beautiful dish placed on display. The earth begins to shake around him and Yi Jeong can only rush towards that art piece trying to stop it from falling.
    The more he runs the farther away it gets and Yi Jeong can see the way it moves positioning itself to fall and break. Somehow, Yi Jeong cannot reach it. Yet his heart is screaming for it not to break. His hands reach out to touch it and he runs faster trying to catch it but just before his fingers can finally touch it it falls. His heart stops as he watches it fall down and just before it hits the ground a pair of hands catches it. The familiar soft tinkering laugh catches his attention and Yi Jeong looks up at Ga Eul who offers him a kind smile and winks playfully.
“That was close wasn’t it Sunbae?” Ga Eul questions placing the dish back on display. 
“Ah! The lights.” Ga Eul speaks almost as an afterthought before clapping her hands and suddenly there is light. The room is bright and it takes Yi Jeong a second for him to recognize that they are in So Art Gallery.
“Why are we here?” Yi Jeong questions and Ga Eul smiles.
“Everything here is so beautiful.” Ga Eul speaks spinning around in place her hair flowing with her gently until she stops right where she started and looks at Yi Jeong throwing another bright smile his way and proceeding to walk around looking at each and every single piece of art carefully.
“These are all made by you aren’t they Sunbae?” Ga Eul asks her eyes landing on the small little plaque with an inscription of his name. Ga Eul laughs softly when her eyes land on what looks to be a crappy attempt at a vase it is lopsided, sloppily painted and looks to be made by a four-year-old.
“Yi Jeong’s first art piece.” Ga Eul reads the inscription out loud and smiles at Yi Jeong. 
“I’m keeping this.” She tells him before taking the small little lopsided vase and stuffing it in her purse.
    Yi Jeong is unsure of what to say but speaks anyways.
“There are other works that are better.” Yi Jeong speaks finding himself picking up a beautiful tea pot. It is only when he realizes this one in particular is his father’s that he frowns and places it back down. Beside it there is a large portrait of his family. His father, his mother, Il Hyun and even Eun Jae. Yi Jeong is standing beside his father on the left while his brother is on his mother’s right as is Eun Jae.
*Smash*
    The sound of ceramic breaking wakes him up from his train of thought and Yi Jeong turns to see Ga Eul standing in front of the broken work of art.
“Ga Eul-yang” Yi Jeong speaks in a panic looking around hoping that no security guard had seen Ga Eul do this. 
“This is priceless art worth millions of dollars.” Yi Jeong speaks rushing over to try and quickly pick up the broken pieces. Ga Eul ignores him and instead heads over to the painting. Too distracted in what he is doing Yi Jeong does not see Ga Eul take out a black spray paint can out of her bag nor does he hear her shake it. It is only when the soft whooshing sound is heard that Yi Jeong turns to see Ga Eul drawing a rather large mustache on Eun Jae’s face and a pair of devil horns and a tail that Yi Jeong looks up.
“Ga Eul-yang what are you doing?” Yi Jeong questions surprised and once again panicking while looking for security guards.
“Not that we don’t have cameras?” Yi Jeong mutters to himself.
“Relax. I’m simply giving your art gallery a makeover.” Ga Eul says.
“By breaking art and destroying this portrait?” Yi Jeong questions.
“Destroying useless art.” Ga Eul says to him nonchalantly.
“And this portrait needs an update.” Ga Eul tells him drawing a rather large X on his father’s face and his mother’s. When she reaches Il Hyun she smiles but Yi Jeong stops her.
“Maybe you should leave him alone.” Yi Jeong reasons and Ga Eul smiles at him and nods.
“You’re right.”
“But it still needs something else.” Ga Eul tells him. With another smile Ga Eul takes out another can from her bag and shakes it. Beside Yi Jeong she draws a pink stick figure and then places a picture of herself on the face.
“There. Now it’s perfect.” Ga Eul tells him.
    For a moment Yi Jeong is unsure of whether to laugh or say anything to this strange Ga Eul-yang who continues to walk around the gallery.
*Smash*
*Smash*
*Smash*
The sound of pottery breaking once again caused Yi Jeong to once again wake from his train of thought and follow Ga Eul.
“Ga Eul-yang stop this!”
“What are you doing?” Yi Jeong questions trying to catch up to her and then suddenly Ga Eul turns to him just as he is about to reach out to her.
“Stirring places.” Ga Eul says to him.
“You can’t”
“Why not?” She asks him the smile gone from her face replaced by a look of sadness in her eyes.
“Why can’t I make you feel anything?” She asks.
“Because you can’t” He says to her.
“And I can’t do the same for you.” He adds as an afterthought.
    Ga Eul’s hand reaches to caress Yi Jeong’s face as she pressed her forehead against his gently. Yi Jeong closing his eyes at the small spark of affection and the giant leap his hear makes.
“I break things.” Yi Jeong tells her.
“I know.” Ga Eul adds with a soft smile.
“I’ll ruin you.”
“You won’t” She assures.
“You’ll hate me.”
“I can’t” She tells him.
“Neither can I.”
“I thought you wanted to be with me I thought you-” Ga Eul begins but is cut off by Yi Jeong.
“I can’t” He tells her. There is someone standing there suddenly. His back is to YI Jeong and he comes and hugs Ga Eul. Yi Jeong doesn’t recognize him. Not Jun Pyo, Ji Hoo, Woo Bin, Il Hyun or Jae Ha. No this is a man Yi Jeong can not recognize. Ga Eul is crying so openly in front of him while he embraces her and then he reaches to wipe a falling tear from her cheek with his thumb. Ga Eul looks into his eyes and then she closes her eyes as if waiting for his kiss.
    Yi Jeong’s throat has now gone dry and as much as he wishes to speak up he can’t. A hand is on his shoulder and as he turns Eun Jae is standing beside him smiling.
“I told you didn’t I. Girls like her aren’t meant to be with guys like you.”

{G}
    The clock strikes 12 and Ga Eul can feel her mind running just as fast as it had been all day. By now there is no one that is awake but herself, Jae Hee, Il Hyun, and Eun Jae.  Her parents uncomfortably sitting in t heir chair and sleeping. They had asked that Ga Eul come back to their hotel room with them but Ga Eul had refused.
“I want to be there for him when he wakes up.” She’d told them and she had not budged no matter how much they begged her to go with them. Her mother had told her that she needed to rest and maybe had this been any other situation she might be exhausted from three days of no sleep but her body remained numb and her mind on overdrive while she thought of only one person. Yi Jeong.
    It seemed like things were only complicating more for Yi Jeong. There were police reports to be taken care of as well as legal action and safety things that involved both Yi Jeong’s parents and Yi Jeong’s own well being that Il Hyun did not time to take care off all he was concerned about at the moment was Yi Jeong. It was because of this that Mr. and Mrs. Lee had been flown back to Seoul in order for them to take care of a lot of things which included press. Like her Ariel had refused to leave the hospital which was why she was asleep beside Ji Hoo. His arm was around her while she clung to him in her sleep her head on his shoulder and her hand tightly clutching on to his shirt. Ji Hoo himself did not seem uncomfortable at this position a blanket covering both of them. Jan Di and Jun Pyo were in a similar position though sitting on the floor and Woo Bin sat on a chair with Jae Kyung’s head resting on his lap as she slept the blanket tightly wrapped around her. They were all exhausted, Ga Eul knew that and she was glad that it had been Yi Jeong’s friends; her friends, that had rescued him.
    Ga Eul continued to pray for everything to be alright as she clutched her hands together in front of her and closed her eyes while continuing to pace back and forth. 
“Ga Eul”
Opening her eyes Ga Eul looked back at the person calling her. Eun Jae. The woman offered her a “sweet smile” to Ga Eul.
“Il Hyun is heading down with Jae Hee to get some coffee would you like some Ga Eul?” Eun Jae asked.
“No thank you.” Ga Eul replied politely forcing a smile. With a small pat to her head Il Hyun left leaving both her and Eun Jae alone. There was silence between them for what felt like and eternity until Eun Jae once more spoke up.
“This must be strange for you.”
Unsure of what to say or of what was being asked Ga Eul simply gave a confused look to Eun Jae who once again smiled at her sweetly and shook her head in a delicate manner.
“I’m more than aware of the silly dating game Yi Jeong plays at school and. This must be so weird for you. Not caring about Yi Jeong in the way that everyone here does. His family and his friends.”
“I do care about him.” Ga Eul finds herself saying. She’s unsure of what was just spoken to her but somehow she feels as if Eun Jae is letting her know; letting her feel, that she is somehow unwelcome in Yi Jeong’s life. 
“Really? I mean less than two weeks can’t really be much to get to know a person. It’s rare for Yi Jeong to ever keep any more friends other than the F4. Women… don’t actually stick around much. Except for Jan Di and Jae Kyung of course.”
    Eun Jae is smiling at her sweetly and her words feel soft and yet they are sharper than knives as they piece Ga Eul’s heart.
“Why are you telling me this?” Ga Eul finds herself asking quietly and the woman in front of her smiles.
“No. I mean you’ve clearly made a great impression on Yi Jeong he’s kept you around for over two weeks which means he cares enough no to throw you away like every other woman that has come into his life. It means your special to him.” Eun Jae speaks. Ga Eul can’t mask the pain and fear in her eyes while Eun Jae speaks and Eun Jae’s expression changes to curiosity though her “kind” expression never leaves her face.
“It has been two weeks has it not?” Eun Jae questions but before Ga Eul can muster enough courage to give Eun Jae an answer Il Hyun and Jae Hee have come back.
“I’m sure Yi Jeong will be alright Ga Eul and when he wakes up I’m sure you’ll both feel better.” Eun Jae says patting Ga Eul on the head and smiling sweetly to her before heading toward Il Hyun who offers her a kiss on the cheek and a cup of coffee. With a gentle assuring smile on her face Eun Jae accepts the cup of coffee with a soft thank you to Il Hyun a flicker or satisfaction hidden as she takes another sip of her coffee. Though neither Il Hyun nor Ga Eul notice it as Eun Jae begins a light friendly conversation with Jae Hee. 
    A few more hours went by until finally the doctor came out.
“How is he?” Il Hyun questioned the small commotion seemingly waking everyone up from their slumber though they all remained where they were to hear patiently.
“Yi Jeong is alright. There was some internal bleeding which we took care of. A few broken ribs, and there will be a lot of bruises. But he’s alright. He’s still not completely past the critical point. We do need at least 24 hours but it’s simply procedure. His vital signs are a good indication of his steady recuperation.” The Doctor spoke and Ga Eul could feel herself relax for the first time since this incident had transpired. 
“What about his hand?” Woo Bin questioned. 
There was silence for the longest of times. Everyone knowing how much pottery meant to Yi Jeong.
“His hand is broken.”
“Will he be able to still make pottery?” Il Hyun questioned.
“Eventually. With some therapy” The Doctor assured them but everyone knew this would devastate Yi Jeong.
“Can we see him?” Ga Eul questioned.
“Yes.” The Doctor spoke.
“Only two people are allowed to be in the room at once.” The doctor informed them. 
“You can go first Ga Eul.” Il Hyun spoke to Ga Eul who offered Il Hyun a soft smile in thank you.
“I want to stay with him. Until he wakes up.” Ga Eul spoke up tears in her eyes once again. 
“Ga Eul. I’m sure YI Jeong’s brother wants to be the one to take care of him.” Her father spoke to her.
“It’s alright. We can both stay.” Il Hyun assured her and Ga Eul nodded quietly. 
“I think. It would be best if everyone else went to see him before I did. I … just need a little bit of time to collect myself.” Ga Eul spoke. 
“Alright.” Il Hyun spoke to her gently.
    Patiently Ga Eul waited for everyone to see YI Jeong her parents who had remained by her side for the most part opted instead to go back home. Jae Hee had arranged for the earliest flight for her parents to head home. Ga Eul felt grateful to them for staying with her but she was glad they would go home. Mainly because they need not worry about her. For the most past, Ga Eul was fine. Their friends were also heading back to their hotel rooms but unlike her parents they would leave when Yi Jeong himself was discharged. 
    The first thing Ga Eul heard when coming in to Yi Jeong’s room was the beeping of the heart monitor. Her heart clenched while looking at how bandaged he was. His face remained practically the same from the last time she saw him just a mere few hours ago. With the exception of the blood. Her eyes landed on Yi Jeong’s broken hand and she gently placed her hand on his. He looked so defenseless and Ga Eul reached to gently touch his hair. 
“You’ll be alright Sunbae. I promise.” She whispered to him. There was a chair placed beside Yi Jeong’s bed and sat beside him never letting go of his hand. She was unsure of what to say to him at the moment. She supposed there would be a lot to talk about when he woke up but she wanted him to know that she would be by his side. As whatever it was that YI Jeong saw her as. 
    Looking at Yi Jeong it was like her mind finally gave in to exhaustion. Her body felt heavy and she found her limbs 1,000 pounds heavier. Her head rested on Yi Jeong’s bed while her index finger traced circles on Yi Jeong’s hand. I was comfort and reassurance for her more than him. Her eyes were feeling heavy and the exhaustion of the days prior were finally settling on Ga Eul letting her know that she needed to sleep whether it was against her will or not it did not matter. 
“I really, really like you Sunbae.”  Ga Eul whispered to YI Jeong who still remained unresponsive to her words and continued to sleep.

{EJ}
    There was nothing more that she could do but feel annoyed. Having to wait outside of the hospital room for YI Jeong to wake up was rather annoying for her. She couldn’t understand why it was that Il Hyun had allowed Yi Jeong’s little two-week girlfriend to be inside the room. But then again, she was well aware that she was not allowed to lose face or act in any other way that was not seen as sweet. She’d spent the night sitting on a chair by herself and when morning came she had to endure the pain in the that were Yi Jeong’s friends. They were all best described as immature and loud. 
    The only reason she could tolerate them was simply because she knew how much each of the F4 boys and their little girlfriends were worth. Eun Jae tried not to let her annoyance reflect on her face not that they paid any attention to her. The boys and three girls mainly spoke amongst themselves. For Eun Jae it was slightly more tolerable to speak with Il Hyun’s friend Jae Hee who had left on an early flight to take care of Shinwa school. She had to pretend to be nicer than ever with Jae Hee but at least she was an adult. Eun Jae couldn’t understand why Yi Jeong spent time with these children at all. 
“Hey.” 
Forcing a smile Eun Jae turned to the half-breed girl that stood in front of her and smiled.
“Ariel right?” Eun Jae spoke sweetly causing the girl to smile back brightly at her and nod.
“Your Uma right?” She questioned. Trying to hide her rage and trying to remind herself that this girl was part of Il Hyun and Yi Jeong’s family she kept her composure.
“Eun Jae.” She spoke laughing softly.
“Right.” Ariel said to her.
“I can do card tricks how about you play with me?” She questioned Eun Jae.
“Erm.”
“Ariel. I don’t think now is a good time for that.” Ji Hoo spoke coming over to them. In her hand Ariel had a deck of card that Eun Jae thought were immature. It looked to be some sort of cute like cards but not wanting to break her pretense Eun Jae offered a fake smile to Ji Hoo.
“It’s fine.” Eun Jae spoke to Ji Hoo. 
“Perfect.” Ariel spoke with a smile rapidly shuffling her cards one would think she was a poker expert. Laying out her cards face down in front of Eun Jae she smiled.
“Pick a card.” Ariel spoke to Eun Jae. Taking a card that was to the far left Eun Jae was about to look at it when Il Hyun walked out of YI Jeong’s hospital room.
“I’m heading down to get breakfast for Ga Eul when she wakes up.” Il Hyun announced. At the mention of that girl Eun Jae’s annoyance increased tenfold.
“We’ll go with you.” Jun Pyo and Woo Bin spoke up while Jan Di and Jae Kyung followed with them.
“We’ll bring you guys something too.” Jan Di spoke to Ji Hoo and Ariel who nodded.
“I’ll go keep Ga Eul company.” Eun Jae spoke before disappearing from everyone’s view and into Yi Jeong’s hospital room when Ga Eul was still sleeping.

{J.H}
    Watching as Eun Jae disappeared into Yi Jeong’s room made Ji Hoo feel uneasy. Though he was unsure why he felt there was something off with the woman that Il Hyun was marrying.
“I knew it.” Ariel spoke up beside him. In her hands she held the card that Eun Jae had chosen. 
“The enemy” Ariel spoke.
“How can it be a coincidence that she chose this card out of this entire deck of cards.” Ariel spoke. 
“That doesn’t prove anything.” Ji Hoo spoke to Ariel though he did feel Eun Jae was hiding something he also knew Ariel had a very… wandering imagination based on the time he had spent with her the past few days.
“It does to me. I’m sure she’s is bad news.” 
“Besides. It’s my duty now to watch out for Yi Jeong and Il Hyun they are my cousins.” Ariel spoke with a mischievous smile. With Ariel’s expression it was hard for Ji Hoo not to smile and he shook his head.
“This does work. I’ve known all of Jae Ha’s girlfriends have been bad news. And when you get a girlfriend I’ll do the same.” Ariel spoke causing Ji Hoo to laugh.
“Come on. Let’s just go see how Yi Jeong is doing.” Ji Hoo spoke to Ariel who nodded with a smile on her face.  Unfortunately, before they could reach Yi Jeong’s room they were seen by a nurse.
“I’m sorry but only two people are allowed inside.” The nurse spoke to them.
{Y.J}
    The first thing he felt when waking up was wanting to drink water. His throat felt so dry as if he had been screaming for days and his throat had bled from how loud he had been. He could hear the heart monitor beating and was well aware that there was an IV stuck on his left arm. He’d just woken up well aware that he had been severely beaten however, there was no pain. Yi Jeong however did feel tired. He could not really feel the pain he knew his body was in mainly because of all the pain medication he was sure he was being given. 
    Feeling a soft weight on his right arm he struggled to turn just enough to not only see the cast on his hand but Ga Eul holding on to him while she slept. There was clear exhaustion on her face, she still wore a dress which he assumed had been for their date that he never showed up too. There were traces of tears still on her face and as he reached to her cheek a tear fell from her eyes.
“Yi Jeong Sunbae.” Ga Eul spoke in her sleep causing Yi Jeong to feel his heart squeeze.
“She’s cute.” 
    Having not noticed Eun Jae there Yi Jeong turned to look at her in surprise.
“Eun Jae.”
“She’s very.. naïve isn’t she?” Eun Jae spoke quietly making sure that Ga Eul would not wake up.
“She was so…. Inconsolable. It was rather pathetic.” Eun Jae spoke with a sweet smile...
“Tell me Yi Jeong. When do you plan on letting this… child know who you really are?” Eun Jae spoke to him.
“Because as of now she’s aware of certain aspects of your life.”
“Very vaguely.” Eun Jae added.
“But she’s aware.”
“With your mother and father not being here. She’s been committed again.” Eun Jae spoke making Yi Jeong’s stomach knot and churn while he looked at Ga Eul.
“Ga Eul’s parents certainly seemed appalled by your family history. Of course. Not as much as knowing their daughter has been seeing a Casanova.”
“But I suppose you do earn point for being handsome” Eun Jae spoke flirtatiously.
“And of course you amazing skills as one of the best potters of our generation but..” Eun Jae spoke moving to the opposite side of where Ga Eul was still sleeping. With a smile she leaned forward to whisper in Yi Jeong’s ear.
“Now that you’ll never be able to make any real work of art what do you have?” 
“What can you offer someone like Chu Ga Eul but misery. We both know you are nothing and no one without your art. Your father will probably force Il Hyun to take over the family business once again.” Eun Jae continued.
“I suppose you could have treatment but what good would that do you’ll never be the same as before.” 
    At each and every single word Eun Jae spoke to him Yi Jeong could feel the darkness begin to swallow him whole once again and as much as he wanted to reach out to Ga Eul he knew that Eun Jae was right. He had nothing to offer Ga Eul. He could hear Ga Eul telling him how amazing he was for creating nothing from dry clay to beautiful pottery. One of the first genuine smiles he had received from Ga Eul had been when she had seen him doing what he was best at, what he loved, and what he had always been so passionate about. Pottery. It had been the one thing that no one could have ever taken away from him. The one thing he had gotten from his father and not hated. It was getting harder and harder to breathe and Yi Jeong had not realized tears were falling from his eyes while his mind and heart were clouding with darkness. Eun Jae was right. What could he possibly offer someone like Ga Eul. He had stupidly thought there cold be something between them possibly find love. But now he had nothing. She had gotten a glimpse of some of his dirty laundry but seeing Eun Jae standing there and Ga Eul beside him there was a fear that cast over him knowing now more than ever that should Ga Eul find out what happened between the two Ga Eul would hate him. 
    The wall that had begun to crack in order to protect his heart came back stronger. Pushing away all the good and concentrating on the pain that was now overwhelming him YI Jeong began to shake waking Ga Eul up in the process. 
“Sunbae” Ga Eul spoke sleepily only to call Yi Jeong once again when she realized he was crying.
“Yi Jeong Sunbae are you alright?” 
“Get out”
It was like his mind had gone numb and there was only an immense cold and darkness that surrounded him where he could not feel anything. There was nothing that would make him fight this back why should he? He had lost everything and he was someone that was not good enough nor would he ever be good enough for Ga Eul.
“Get out!” He could hear himself screaming at Ga Eul.
“Sunbae.”
“Get out!”
It seemed his shouts caused a commotion outside because his friends came rushing in but he continued to ignore and push Ga Eul away with is words.
“Sunbae.” Ga Eul cried.
“Why are you doing this? I though we were friends I though you liked-”
“Liked you?” YI Jeong finished for he with scoff.
“I could have any girl I wanted why would I pick a naïve, uncouth, commoner like you. These past few days with you have been the worst and have only made me realize just how much I hate the lower class.”
“And Chu Ga Eul” YI Jeong spoke looking continuing to look away at Ga Eul as he spoke.
“I hate you.”