5 years later (Ending)

Vulnerable Heart

Sorry for the delay here is the next chapter

 

{G}

 

There was insistent knocking on Ga Eul’s door, through her fuzzy mind Ga Eul could hear her mother calling her. Sitting up from her bed sleepily, and checking her clock Ga Eul gasped it when she realized she was late.

 

Sprinting up from her bed Ga Eul moved passed her mother and rushed to get ready. By the time she was out of the door Ga Eul was a mess. When she arrived to her first class she was thankful that her teachers aid was there to open the door for her kids. The rest of her day with her children was less hectic.

 

Ga Eul enjoyed being a kindergarten teacher. When she had first entered university she wasn’t sure what she wanted to do but she’d always liked children. In the end, after much thinking and trying to find herself Ga Eul settled on being a school teacher.

 

Being a teacher was something that made Ga Eul very happy. It was one of the best decisions she had ever made. Her kids were lovable and Ga Eul liked being their teacher, though she was sad about them leaving once the year was over. This was her first class and Ga Eul knew she would always remember them.

 

Sitting in her empty classroom Ga Eul quietly sat by the window. The colorful room which was usually filled with children’s laughter and excited banter was quiet. The children were on their lunch break and were playing outside. During these times Ga Eul would usually have lunch with Geum Jan Di and Jae Kyung. Both of her friends would usually stop by during her break.

 

Today however was different. Earlier that morning Ga Eul’s phone had been bombarded with text messages from Jae Kyung who informed her that Goo Jun Pyo was finally back and he’d proposed to Geum Jan Di. While they had already been engaged, simply because their parents had set it up years ago this proposal was all Goo Jun Pyo who deeply loved Geum Jan Di.

 

Ga Eul had called Geum Jan Di to congratulate her and Goo Jun Pyo. She was happy for her friend. She was the second girl in Ga Eul’s group of friends to get engaged. Jae Kyung had not only gotten engaged but she had gotten married to Woo Bin soon after he proposed two years prior. The two had eloped and had a small wedding with the witnesses being Ji Hoo, Jan Di, Jae Ha, Luna and Ga Eul herself. There was no big wedding or a big party simply a marriage license and right after that Woo Bin and Jae Kyung had taken a plane straight to Mexico for their honeymoon. Needless to say that their parents were not happy with this.

 

From what Ga Eul understood there had been a big fuss with Woo Bin and Jae Kyung’s parents. However, they had quickly let it go and allowed Woo Bin and Jae Kyung to move in together as husband and wife and continue on with their lives. Ga Eul was happy for them, Woo Bin and Jae Kyung seemed happy and eloping seemed like something the crazy couple would do. Jan Di and Goo Jun Pyo on the other hand… Ga Eul wasn’t expecting the same. While Geum Jan Di was a simple girl but Goo Jun Pyo was all about extravagance and Ga Eul expected no less from their wedding. Two friends who had gotten their happy endings. Goo Jun Pyo leaving and coming back could only make Ga Eul feel a little jealous.

 

“Yi Jeong…” Ga Eul thought to herself nostalgically. Five years… for the past five years Ga Eul had missed Ga Eul so much. They’d kept in contact calling, texting through skype. There were gifts given back and forth between the two. One year in particular for her birthday Ga Eul came home to find her room filled with roses.

 

While Ga Eul and Yi Jeong had kept in contact they had not been able to see each other. Both had been busy with school and in the end they had decided that seeing each other would only make them miss each other more. Five years had passed however, but Ga Eul was feeling heartbroken. For the past few weeks Yi Jeong had not messaged her or called her. Every day they would exchange messages and at least three times a week they would spend hours on the phone talking about everything and nothing at all. Times like these made Ga Eul feel better and made her realize how much she loved Yi Jeong. It was a love that Ga Eul knew grew each day and had no doubt that it would never fade away.

 

However, the past few weeks Ga Eul had not heard from Yi Jeong. His phone was always off or went straight to voicemail and while she had left her usual messages and she could see that he had indeed seen them, Yi Jeong was not answering. This made Ga Eul’s heart feel anxious.

 

While Ga Eul trusted Yi Jeong she didn’t know what was happening. With her friends all settling down, and moving on with their lives Ga Eul was feeling a little left out. Clutching the promise ring in her hand Ga Eul sighed. She’d taken care of this ring which she still wore on her neck. There was not one day which she did not wear the ring on her neck.

 

When her mother had found out about the ring she had been happy. Her father had just grumbled and muttered something under his breath. Ga Eul didn’t hold it against him. She had learned from her mother that her father was just having a hard time letting go of her, but he had warmed to Yi Jeong; apparently distance had helped.

 

However, Ga Eul was unsure now of where she stood with Yi Jeong. She was afraid to ask Woo Bin or Ji Hoo about him. Jan Di and Jae Kyung knew about it simply because they were her closest friends. With Ariel away for the past five years Ga Eul had grown closer to Jan Di and Jae Kyung. However, that did not mean that Ariel was no longer her friend. The two talked frequently and were still as close as ever.

 

Still, Ga Eul didn’t want to worry Ariel whom couldn’t help her problem. Though Ariel was coming back today and Ga Eul was looking forward to see her friend she wasn’t going to damper her friend’s happiness of being with friends, parents and of course Ji Hoo, over her problems. Five years was a long time for everyone. But unlike her who was unsure of what was to come next with Yi Jeong or if he would be back some time soon, Ariel had Ji Hoo. The two had stuck it out for the past five years and Ga Eul had never seen either of her friends happier.

 

“Teacher Chu!”

The voices of her rambunctious students caused Ga Eul to snap out of her own thoughts and offered a kind smile to her students.

“Alright everyone,” Ga Eul spoke calmly while her kids sat in their seats smiling at her with excitement.

“How about we start our art projects?” Her question was met with excited yeses.

 

Smiling at her children Ga Eul simply began to set up the tables so that they could begin their pottery class. In the years that Yi Jeong had been away, Ga Eul had found herself feeling interested in pottery. While she knew she would never be at Yi Jeong’s level, Ga Eul loved pottery. While she was still at University she was able to learn pottery by taking a small workshop. She had learned the basics and by learning about pottery she was able to understand Yi Jeong just a bit more and why he loved pottery.

 

They had discussed this over the phone one night and Ga Eul remembers Yi Jeong’s laugh as he spoke with passion about pottery and what it meant to him. What Ga Eul remembers most was how relaxed and happy Yi Jeong sounded.

“Teacher Chu.” Her students called out to Ga Eul who simply offered a smile.

“Five years.” She thought to herself. She was unsure as to why Yi Jeong had stopped communicating with her but for now she would have hope.

 

{Y.J}

 

Five years… while Yi Jeong had been able to focus on pottery he missed Ga Eul greatly. There was not one day where he did not miss her or think about her. However, he had a promise to keep to both himself and Ga Eul.

 

In his time away Yi Jeong had worked on himself, counseling had helped a lot and he continued to do so in Sweden. There were many painful things in his life but Yi Jeong was learning to cope with them and came to understand that many of the things that had happened were not his fault.

 

When it came to pottery Yi Jeong had not given up; therapy for his hand had worked and slowly he was able to regain what he felt was never going to be his again. Maybe it was luck, part of him believed it was Ga Eul’s encouragement that gave him the will to keep pushing. Yi Jeong love pottery too much to give it up.

 

Most of his life Yi Jeong had felt alone and without anyone to care for him and pottery seemed to be the only thing he had. He’d come to love and enjoy this which he could create which made him feel peaceful and useful. While at one point in time Yi Jeong had felt like pottery was a burden given to him by his family, once it was taken away Yi Jeong learned he actually loved it and could not live without it.

 

However, there was something else Yi Jeong could not live without and that was his country bumpkin Ga Eul. The past five years they had both worked towards their own goal while silently waiting for one another, knowing they would one day see each other once again.

 

When Yi Jeong’s studies were over what he wanted to do most was to rush back to Korea. The past five years proved just how much happier he would be once he was back. His relationship with his brother had slowly mended, both of them had been hurt but both were willing to forgive one another. Yi Jeong did not think about Eun Jae nor did Il Hyun who was now happy. He had moved on with someone whom Yi Jeong had always thought his brother would end up with, Jae Hee.

 

Il Hyun seemed happy with Jae He and it was because his brother had proposed to Jae Hee a few months’ prior that Yi Jeong was coming home earlier than expected, in order to be the best man at his brother’s wedding. He had a very busy few weeks because of this and he’d wanted to surprise Ga Eul with his arrival. He had been so busy tying up lose ends in Sweden, selling his apartment and doing his last pottery exhibit in Sweden. He did not want Ga Eul to worry but Yi Jeong would make it up to her when he finally saw her.

 

Stepping out of the airport Yi Jeong smiled as he walked to his car which was waiting for him. The first thing Yi Jeong needed to do once he arrived to Korea was see Ga Eul. This was a promise he had made to her, that once he came back she would be the first person he looked for. From what Ga Eul herself had told him when they spoke on the phone was that she was currently at school.

 

When Ga Eul had told him she’d decided to be a teacher Yi Jeong felt like this was a perfect job for Ga Eul. She was kind, patient and would have plenty of love to give her student. Yi Jeong had no doubt Ga Eul was a great teacher who would be loved by all her students. The drive to the school didn’t take long, Yi Jeong was thankful that there wasn’t much traffic and he was able to arrive just before school was out. It had been Ji Hoo who had sent Yi Jeong the exact classroom which Ga Eul was in.

 

The first thing Yi Jeong noticed when he walked towards the classroom was children’s laughter. This caused Yi Jeong to smile, but when he heard Ga Eul’s laugh Yi Jeong’s heart raced with anticipation. Quietly, he entered the classroom which was covered in children’s art. Yi Jeong remembered this classroom. Goo Jun Pyo had put in a good word for Ga Eul and of course Jae Hee herself had wanted Ga Eul to teach at Shinwa elementary school.

 

Yi Jeong smiled as he watched all the children crowd around Ga Eul who was molding a small ball of clay in her hands. The children all seemed busy working on their project, Ga Eul herself seemed to busy herself with what she was doing as she chatted with her students. She looked so beautiful with her pretty pink apron, the simple dress she was wearing and the way the light from the window caught her frame made Ga Eul look stunning.

“Is that a grape?” Ga Eul questioned to a little boy who simply offered her a wide toothy smile and nodded.

“You’re putting to much pressure on your hands.”
“Sunbae!” Ga Eul spoke, surprise clear on her face.

“Hi.” Yi Jeong found himself saying while smiling at Ga Eul.

“Are you Teacher’s boyfriend?” One child asked.

“Mr. Did you come from another country?” A little girl asked Yi Jeong who nodded.

“Sweden?”
“Yes.”
“Then you are Teacher’s boyfriend!” The little girl spoke with excitement while Ga Eul quickly covered .

“That was suppose to be a secret.” Ga Eul spoke blushing though her smile did not leave her face as he children giggled.

 

Yi Jeong himself smiled at Ga Eul but stayed in the back of the classroom. While there was much to say and Yi Jeong really wanted to embrace Ga Eul and tell her that he had missed her very much, she still had a class to teach. There was no need for words both of them understood that they would talk once Ga Eul had dismissed her students.

 

Quietly Yi Jeong observed Ga Eul as she finished up her class and helped the kids gather their things. Yi Jeong patiently waited until the last of Ga Eul’s students left. When it was just the two of them it was then that Ga Eul finally spoke.

“You didn’t call. I was worried.”

Offering her a smile Yi Jeong simply took her hand and pressed a kiss to her palm.

“I’m sorry Ga Eul-yang I wanted to surprise you.” Yi Jeong spoke before pulling Ga Eul into a hug which she retuned.

“I missed you.” Yi Jeong whispered.

“I missed you too Sunbae.” Ga Eul whispered back.

 

Looking at one another Yi Jeong simply pressed his forehead against Ga Eul’s gently he reached to cup her face in his hands and pressed a soft kiss to Ga Eul’s lips. Their kiss expressed so much that he wanted to say, but there did not seem to be enough words to express it. When they finally pulled away from one another their rings appeared to have somehow gotten tangled together by the chains they wore on their necks. This caused both of them to laugh.

“Come on Sunbae. We should head out. Today is your brother’s wedding and we have to get ready.” Ga Eul spoke quietly a blush to her cheek. By the way she was avoiding his gaze Yi Jeong was sure that Ga Eul was feeling shy. Taking her hand Yi Jeong led her out of the classroom and towards his car. When he opened the door for her to get inside his orange lotus he simply offered her another kiss on her hand which caused Ga Eul to blush. Before Yi Jeong entered his car he smiled to himself feeling the weight of a small box with a ring in his pocket. He intended to keep all his promises….

 

The drive was silent but a happy one, Yi Jeong held Ga Eul’s hand while he drove them home. Home... when he parked outside his aunt and uncle’s place both of them were waiting outside for him along with Ariel whom Yi Jeong had not seen in a while. The only absent one was Il Hyun but Yi Jeong couldn’t really hold it against him as he was having his wedding today. Upon exiting the car Yi Jeong was immediately crushed into a hug by the ever enthusiastic Ariel.

“You’re back!” She spoke offering a smile to Yi Jeong and then doing the same with Ga Eul.

“I’ve missed you both so much!” She spoke.

“I bet you missed Ji Hoo more.” Yi Jeong commented this caused the girl to smile at him brightly in agreement.

 

It seemed like his cousin was extremely happy with one of his best friends, from across the street Yi Jeong could see Jae Ha whom was walking over. It seemed like he and Ariel had already greeted each other and it was no secret to Yi Jeong that the guy had a thing in the past for Ariel but it seemed like that faded and from what Yi Jeong understood the guy was seeing someone now.

“I don’t want to be a complete buzzkill but I have to steal Ga Eul away now. We need to get ready for the wedding as we are the bridesmaids.” Ariel spoke pulling Ga Eul away and towards her house, Jae Ha following them briefly acknowledging Yi Jeong.

 

It didn’t seem weird or out of the ordinary even if five years had passed it seemed like all three were as close as ever.

“Are you ready?” His Aunt questioned briefly hugging him and welcoming him home.

“Yes.” Yi Jeong spoke.

“I’ll thank Ariel later for distracting Ga Eul.” Yi Jeong spoke causing his uncle to chuckle at him.

“She might ask you to be the photographer at your wedding.” His uncle spoke.

“I don’t mind. She’s the best there is. It’s why Goo Jun Pyo hired her to work for him.” Yi Jeong spoke with a smile.

“Come on then we’ve asked Ga Eul’s parents for a few moments of their time.” His Aunt spoke with a smile.

 

Heading towards Ga Eul’s home before Yi Jeong could knock the door was open and it was Ga Eul’s mother who let them in. Bowing to her politely Yi Jeong walked in with his Aunt and Uncle. Before arriving to Korea he had spoken to both of them about wanting to marry Ga Eul. His Aunt was rather happy for him and said she’d seen this a very long time ago.

 

“Please sit my husband will come soon.” Mrs. Chu spoke leaving briefly to get her husband. To say that Yi Jeong was nervous was an understatement. Yi Jeong was aware that Mr. Chu disliked him and given his behavior in the past Yi Jeong couldn’t blame the man. He’d caused Ga Eul heartache and he might have been not worth Ga Eul’s troubles but Yi Jeong loved Ga Eul.
“It’ll be fine.” His Aunt encouraged offering him a smile.

 

Looking at both his Aunt and Uncle and thinking about what he was about to do at this moment made Yi Jeong wish that his parents were with him. There were times such as these when Yi Jeong would feel the loss of his parents. In the past five years neither he nor Il Hyun had any contact with either of them. From what Yi Jeong knew his father lived mostly in isolation and refused to see anyone. Yi Jeong hadn’t reached out to him as of yet, nor had he reached out to his mother. From what he knew of her was that she was slowly getting better. His Uncle would visit her from time to time but that was all that was said. Neither he nor Il Hyun were willing to see her or their father. Yi Jeong couldn’t find it in himself to reach out to them. He was still hurt about his parents but he could handle in now and he’d come to understand it was not his doing. Now however, Yi Jeong was happier. He had Ga Eul, his friends and acquired parental figures in his Aunt and Uncle. There was no use wondering what if’s anymore when right now he was happy. Yi Jeong learned that time would tell and for now both he and Il Hyun had agreed to let their parents be until they were ready to reach out to them. There was a bit of hope and some fear to be let down but either way they had each other, people that loved them and they themselves were starting a new phase in their life.

 

“You’ve come back.” Mr. Chu spoke to Yi Jeong snapping him out of his thoughts. Standing up and bowing politely at the man who went to sit and simply motioned for Yi Jeong to sit back down. Before Yi Jeong could even speak Mr. Chu simply lifted his hand up to silence Yi Jeong.

“I know why you’re here. You want to ask my permission to marry my daughter.” Mr. Chu spoke.

“Yes sir I.”
“What if I say no? Would that change your mind? Would my daughter stop loving you? Would you stop loving her?” Mr. Chu questioned.

 

Yi Jeong had prepared himself for this as he knew Mr. Chu did not like him. However, hearing them man say no made Yi Jeong nervous.

“No… I…I love Ga Eul I want to make her happy and I’m aware that I may not be the best man for her. But I love her and she loves me.” Yi Jeong spoke.

“You have money but that doesn’t mean you can make my daughter happy.”

“I’m aware of that. Ga Eul is a simple person she doesn’t like extravagant things, she worries a little too much and she’s kind to everyone. I like that about her being with her makes me want to be a better person. I know money doesn’t give anyone happiness as you mentioned I have money but I was never happy.” Yi Jeong spoke.

“I don’t have great parents and I would lie if I said that doesn’t affect who I am or that my past doesn’t affect who I am now but it does. I know what it’s like to be with someone you don’t love. Class and position mean nothing if you aren’t happy. Ga Eul makes me happy and I will try to do the same for her. We’ve made promises to one another and I plan to keep those promises to her. If you don’t approve I will try until you do but giving Ga Eul up isn’t an option. I need her because I love her.”
 

Mr. Chu was silent for a long time and Yi Jeong wondered if the man was going to start yelling and demand that he leave, but then the man simply grumbled.

“Go ahead. You can marry my daughter. I won’t stand in your way I want her to be happy. But if you make her unhappy then we will have a problem.”
Nodding Yi Jeong then bowed thanking Ga Eul’s father his aunt and uncle simply smiled at him congratulating him silently as they made their way back home. Yi Jeong could hear Ariel and Ga Eul in Ariel’s room talking Jae Ha was sitting in the living room dressed in a tux looking bored and checking his phone.

“I’m leaving! I need to go pick Luna up for the wedding!” Jae Ha called out to the girls.

“Go Ahead! We’ll see you two there!” Ariel shouted back. Shaking his head Jae Ha simply offered a smile to Yi Jeong before heading out. Reaching for the small velvet black box in side his pocket Yi Jeong smiled to himself.

“Now… to ask her”

 

{G}

 

The wedding was beautiful. Every small detail of Il Hyun and Jae Hee’s wedding had been perfect. Ga Eul and Jan Di had helped Jae Hee plan her wedding. From the cake, to the bridesmaid dressed, to the wedding dress, the venue, all the guests. Jae Kyung had offered to be a bridesmaid along with Jan Di, Ga Eul and Ariel but she refused to help plan.

“I skipped my own wedding to avoid all that.” Jae Kyung had said.

 

In the end all four girls became bridesmaids in similar Vera Wang petal colored dresses. Ga Eul’s dress was beautiful, open backed and had a slit on the side which ran just above her knee making her feel mature and beautiful. Jae Kyung like her was in a similar petal pink dress the difference only being her dress was one shoulder, Ariel herself only had a similar dress which was v necked. Only Geum Jan Di wore a short strapless petal colored dress which made her look very bright and beautiful. The boys were in similar tuxes standing on the groom’s side awaiting for the bride. Ga Eul could see just how nervous Il Hyun was and smiled. She loved wedding. Yi Jeong who was across from her simply offered her a smile and Ga Eul couldn’t help but feel her cheeks tint when she thought of her and Yi Jeong getting married.

 

It was a promise that he had made to her and Ga Eul knew they would one day get married. Love was something precious that not many people found but as she looked around at her friends all in love, including herself; Ga Eul couldn’t help but think about how lucky she truly was.

 

 

The sound of the wedding march began and everyone turned to look at the bride Goo Jae Hee walking in with the help of her father. The room was silent as everyone gazed back at the beautiful bride who was in a beautiful wedding dress. What Ga Eul loved about the dress was the illusion neckline and racer back, along with the dozens of embroidered tossed flowers that adorned the dress and made Jae Hee look so beautiful. Ga Eul turned to look at Il Hyun who seemed to have stopped feeling so nervous and simply gazed back at Jae Hee with so much love when they were finally together and Il Hyun had taken her hand he pressed a kiss to it.

 

Ga Eul could only watch two people whom had suffered in love finally have their happy ending as they read their own vows and promised each other happiness and a bright future. Looking at Yi Jeong Ga Eul truly wished that this would be them one day. She knew they loved one another and for now that was enough. She could wait…

 

***

Music was loud, Big Bang’s Bang, Bang, Bang was playing loudly while the entire wedding party danced and sang along, jumping around dancing, laughing. Ga Eul was having the time of her life along side all her friends. Both the bride and groom were in the middle of the dance floor as everyone was cheering for them and dancing along with them. The night seemed to go on for ever and it was very freeing and fun. Ga Eul had danced all night with her friends and Yi Jeong until it was time for the bride and groom to be off on their honey moon. Just before they left Jae Hee walked up to Ga Eul and simply handed her the bouquet of roses without a word and only a wink, leaving Ga Eul feeling flustered as her friends began to about it.

 

Soon after the guests began to leave and only F4 remained chatting away about the night.

“This was great wasn’t it?” Ariel spoke coming to stand beside Ga Eul as both girl waited for their respective boyfriends.

“People in love… it’s like magic and finding a right fit just for you. It doesn’t have to be perfect for anyone else or make sense to the world just you and that special someone.” Ariel spoke with a smile. The look in her eyes telling Ga Eul that her friend was very much in love.

 

Ga Eul had not been the only one to have a long distance relationship there was Jan Di and Jun Pyo and Ariel and Ji Hoo. Ga Eul was able to see both sides as she was close with both Ariel and Ji Hoo. From what Ga Eul knew Ji Hoo loved Ariel deeply both her friends seemed genuinely happy when they were around each other. Today Ga Eul had worried for a second when she saw Seo Hyun at the wedding and having a conversation with Ji Hoo. Ariel didn’t seem to mind as she was beside Ji Hoo and smiling. Ga Eul’s worries were put at ease just before Ji Hoo had left to get his motorcycle. He’d accidentally dropped a small red box. Ariel had not noticed as she had been talking with Goo Jun Pyo but Ga Eul had. The panicked look in Ji Hoo’s eyes calmed when Ga Eul picked up the box and handed it back to him.

“I won’t tell. I promise.” She’d said to him.

 

Looking back at her friend now as she stood beside her Ga Eul smiled glad that her friend whom had always been honest with who she was was getting her happy ending as well.

“What?” Ariel questioned smiling at Ga Eul and looking back at her with curiosity.

“Nothing. Just wondering if you’re glad to be back in Korea.”
“Of course I am. I love New York it’s a great place to live and I loved every second of it but. It’s not Korea. Korea has my friends, my family and my happiness. I thought that my happiness was in New York and that I wouldn’t need anything else but that. Now… do you know what I can’t seem to live without?” Ariel asked just as Ji Hoo pulled up with his motorcycle.

“What?” Ga Eul questioned.

“Ji Hoo.” Ariel answered with a smile before walking toward Ji Hoo and his motorcycle. Climbing on Ariel simply grabbed on to Ji Hoo and the two took off.

“They seem happy.”
“Sunbae.” Ga Eul spoke in surprise not realizing Yi Jeong had come back. Offering Ga Eul a smile Yi Jeong reached for Ga Eul’s hand.

 

“It’s been a long day. But a good one.”
“You must be very tired Sunbae. You just came back today and your day was full. It’s almost morning as well.” Ga Eul spoke to Yi Jeong who offered her a smile.

“I’m alright. I’m not very tired. Besides. We have one last thing to do.” He spoke pulling her into the empty venue. The lights were dim but music was still softly playing in the back.

“What are we doing?” Ga Eul questioned curiously.

“I’m having one last dance with you Ga Eul-yang.” Yi Jeong spoke.

 

Ga Eul’s heart began to race they way it always did when she was with Yi Jeong. She couldn’t find her voice from nerves but allowed herself to be pulled closer to Yi Jeong. The song the best present by Rain played in the back and Ga Eul couldn’t help but feel her heart palpitate with each word as they danced together.

 

There was nothing but them in that moment which felt as if it had been taken out of a movie. Ga Eul couldn’t help but smile and feel loved. She knew that with this song Yi Jeong was letting her know that he loved her and was thankful to her.

“I love you Sunbae.” Ga Eul spoke her words caused Yi Jeong to smile at her as they pressed their foreheads against one another and continued to dance slowly.

“I love you Ga Eul-yang.”
“I promised you didn’t I. That I would look for you first when I came back.”
“I know.” Ga Eul whispered just before Yi Jeong pressed a kiss to her lips.

 

This kiss felt different. Filled with much more love and there was such gentleness to it that it warmed Ga Eul’s heart and made her want to freeze this moment in time forever.
“I intend to keep my promise and every promise that I make to you. Not because I have to but because I love you.” Yi Jeong spoke as he pulled away from Ga Eul’s lips. Ga Eul’s heart was flying and seemed to get away from her as Yi Jeong kneeled on one knee and took out a small black box.

“Yi Jeong Sunbae.”
“Ga Eul-yang. I know that we’ve had a few ups and downs and maybe I might not be the person which you thought you’d marry or the person you parents would have liked for you. But Ga Eul. I love you. I can’t promise you that we’ll be perfect or that I won’t make mistakes along the way. I’m scared to let you down but I’m more afraid to let you go and to lose you. I tried living without you before and I couldn’t do it because you are someone that I must hold on to. I’ve never believed in love or that it existed until I met you. I’m not a perfect man and I don’t intend to be but I want to do my best to make you happy because I love you Ga Eul yang…. Will you marry me?”

 

Ga Eul could feel tears fall from her eyes while she heard Yi Jeong’s words. There were many thoughts going through her head so much that she wanted to say but had suddenly closed and she found herself unable to speak from sheer happiness.

“Yes.” Ga Eul managed to say after a few seconds.

“Yes Sunbae. Of course I’ll marry you.” She spoke her hands shaking when Yi Jeong put the ring on her finger. Smiling at her Yi Jeong simply pulled her into a kiss which Ga Eul could only return as tears fell from her eyes. She didn’t care about perfect all she cared about was just right. With all the ups and the downs, all the good and the bad, give and take that is what her love was about. Love was definitely not about perfection just about one another. Her love was perfect just for her and that was all that mattered.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed the story and if you wish to read more please go to the series of one shots titled Vulnerable Heart One-shots. The first post to this will be up in as per usual 2 week schedule make sure you susbscribe to the story. Thanks for reading.