Chapter 8

Love Is For The Weak

""So what is this crisis that you're having that you'll have to wake me up from my beauty sleep at 2 FREAKING A.M.?" Myungsoo said groggily

"Myungsoo oppa, please help me."

"And the word oppa comes out. This doesn't sound good, what's up princess?"

"I...I.."

"Spill. Now." Myungsoo said, impatient.

"Jong Hyun asked me out on a date." 

There was a long pause over the phone, "Hello? Kim Myungsoo? Did you hear what I just said?"

"Heol." Myungsoo gasped.

"Heol? Help me, I don't know what to do."

"Just be yourself Yeseul. You're not exactly that hard to fall for, I mean you're pretty, tall, rich, smart and capable although you can be bratty, ignorant, lazy..."

"YA!"

"Okay okay, my point is, just stay calm and be yourself. You've already agreed to the date, so just follow your heart."

"You're right."

"I'm always right, now let me get my rest. Good night!" and Myungsoo ended the call.

"Sigh, Yeseul ah what did you get yourself into. What happened to 'Love Is For The Weak'? " Yeseul said to herself.

 

 

 

"It's just lunch, don't freak out." Yeseul muttered while pacing herself back of forth the office.

Her secretary looked at her through the office glass windows worriedly, it wasn't the usual confident Yeseul.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in."

"Ma'am Mr Hong is here."

"Let him in."

 

"Ready to go?" Jong Hyun offered her a warm smile.

Yeseul returned the smile and grabbed her Miu Miu red bag.

The both of them left the office together and this sent tongues waging, people were admiring how perfect the both of them looked together.

Jong Hyun bit back his smile, he was happy with her company.

Yeseul blushed profusely, she totally forgot how it felt like going on a date with a guy.

 

"Tteobokki?!" Yeseul blinked when the car reached the familiar food stall.

"This was the place where we first met, I thought it would be a good place for us to...have a date." Jong Hyun finished up the sentence awkwardly.

"Daebak!" Yeseul exclaimed excitedly, "Let's go!"

 

"Yeseul? Jong Hyun?" The owner looked at that questioningly.

How did the both of them end up coming here together, or how did the both of them become friends?

"Ahjumma we're here! Your 2 favourite customers." 

"Ayy how can that be, I am her FAVOURITE customer." Yeseul said teasingly.

"The usual for the both of you?" The owner asked.

"Yeap the usual 3 bowls of tteobokki!" Yeseul said.

"My mandus and jajjangmyeon!" Jong Hyun said.

 

"You can really eat a lot." Jong Hyun said, amazed.

"Thanks." Yeseul said, moving on to her second bowl.

"So how did you find out about this food tent?" Jong Hyun asked curiously.

"Well it's a long and embarrassing story." Yeseul said sheepishly.

"I'm listening."

"I got angry with my dad for having an affair with his secretary and bringing her home. So I argued with him and left home."

"Oh, wow." Jong Hyun blinked, unsure of what to say.

"It's fine, I'm back now aren't I? I still need to live off my dad's company and power."

"I've always thought your family was a happy one."

"Well you're wrong."

"I won't tell anybody, I promise!"

"I trust you." Yeseul gave him an assuring smile.

They continued to talk about life throughout the whole meal.

The awkward conversation became a really warm and comforting one.

"Jong Hyun ah." Yeseul said, "I know this is really selfish of me, but I have no confidence of entering a relationship right now. I'm just really confused of my feelings, I'm not ready, sorry."

Jong Hyun smiled and said, "It's fine. At least I made progress by stiring up your emotions, you need time and I totally get it. I mean for a girl who hasn't dated for ten thousand years, I get it."

"Ya! Are you teasing me?"

And they both laughed.

 

It was a light hearted date with no pressure, looks like Yeseul and Jong Hyun are going to remain as normal friends, for now.

 

"Oh my gosh you are such an idiot Lee Yeseul! I would have strangled you right now, but I remembered you're the reason why I managed to escape blind dates so, I, shall forgive you." Sehun said fustratedly.

"What?" Yeseul said, while munching away on her fries.

Sehun, Yeseul and Myungsoo were having lunch in their favourite cafe with paparazzis waiting for them outside the restaurant.

"So Jong Hyun hyung asked you out, and your reply during the date was 'I'm not ready'. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"I'm going deaf." Yeseul rolled her eyes and Myungsoo just sipped his hot mocha calmly.

"Well you deserve it! Do you even know how many chaebol girls would die to be in your position. Look, it takes a lot of effort for Jong Hyun to even talk to a girl, and to asking you out? Heol, Yeseul you're impossible, remind me why am I your friend again?" Sehun sighed in defeat.

"If Kai was here, he'll probably kick your ." Myungsoo said.

"Aish, stop teaming up against me. I'm just not ready." Yeseul said.

"Seul, learn to forgive yourself for your failed relationship with Soo Hyuk and open your heart to others." Myungsoo said.

"It's hard..to even trust guys now, I mean it might not work out." Yeseul sighed.

Myungsoo squeezed her shoulder, "With me here, there is nothing you should be scared of. If anybody dares to bully you, I'll kick his or her just like how you always got my back."

"Hyung! You are one cheesy grease ball!" Sehun whined.

"Shut up idiot, I'll do it for you too." Myungsoo threw a piece of fries at Sehun.

Talk about friendship goals guys, this is the perfect example of one.

 

"V.I.P ticket to the opening ceremony of your new mall? Again? Dude, how many malls do you have in Korea already?" Sehun gasped.

The whole group of them were at their usual hangout spot.

"Yes, and all of you are invited." Kai said proudly.

"Thanks." Yeseul said.

"Thanks? You should be honoured that I'm inviting you, do you know how many people are killing for this..."

"Blah blah blah." Myungsoo yawned.

"Looks like I could use a break." Jong Hyun smiled.

 

 

On the day of Kim Corporation's mall opening in Busan, all of the elites in Korea were all present in the VIP lounge of the mall.

Kai was busy getting dragged around by his mother, introducing her son to all of the rich family daughters. While all of the girls oogled at his good looks, he spared them no thoughts and just smiled politely like how he always rehearsed.

"Look at Kai!" Sehun laughed.

"Well, somebody's unlucky." Jong Hyun said.

"The last time I recalled, your mum contacted my mum for help in getting you on a blind date." Sehun teased.

Jong Hyun rolled his eyes and said, "You know how my mum is."

 

 

 

Just then Yeseul and Chanyeol were ushered in by one of the staff members. She was dressed in a beautiful silk gown which complimented her body curves well. The high slits flaunted her slim and long legs and her diamond accessories matched her flawless skin well. 

Chanyeol himself looked crisp in his suit and his perfectly styled hair, and girls were all stunned by his good looks.

There you have it, the power siblings of Hyewi Group.

Heads turned immediately and reporters started taking pictures of the high profile lady standing in front of them, it was Yeseul afterall.

People were talking about the siblings, some were commenting about their competency whereas some were just... jealous.

 

 

As Yeseul approached their table, Jong Hyun instinctively took off his coat and put it over Yeseul's shoulder.

"Thanks." Yeseul smiled. This feeling was so foreign to Yeseul, it made her feel loved and it felt so right.

"Do you want to grab some food from the buffet table?" Jong Hyun offered.

"Sure, why not?" Yeseul said.

"Your response is too normal." Jong Hyun frowned.

"What?"

"I'm making a move on you, can't you tell?"

"You sure are straight forward."

"Well, I live up to my name. When I want something, I'll make sure to get it." Jong Hyun smiled.

"If you say so, I'm grabbing my cake before it finishes." Yeseul laughed, "And good try, my heart was a little shaken by that confidence of yours."

 

 

 

"Now, may I have the attention of all guests. Our director, Mr Kim Jong In is going to make a speech. Director please." and everybody applauded.

"Thank you everybody for coming to the opening ceremony of our mall today. As you can see, our company is not only trying to make it's name in Seoul, we are also expanding to the outskirts of Korea to increase our influence. I would like to take the chance to thank everybody who made it possible for us to be where we are today! I would like to also thank all of my family and friends for being supportive." Kai continued, "The mall would not have been possible without our chief designer Hyera ssi. Without her hardwork and her professionalism, this mall's perfect design would not be possible! Let's invite her up on stage to say a few words, Hyera ssi please."

Jong Hyun immediately tensed, was it the Hyera he knew?

The chief designer was invited up on stage to say a few words, "Thank you Director Kim. I'm Jung Hyera, the chief designer of this mall. I would like to thank Kim Corporations for giving my team a chance to unleash and showcase our professionalism and also Director Kim for being open to our design ideas. Without such a supportive team the mall's design would not have been successful..."

Jong Hyun was rooted to the ground, his mind blank. It was Hyera, Jung Hyera, his ex who left him without a reason. She became successful in her carreer, like what she wished for.

It has been so many years and Hyera just appeared in his life, like that.

Just when he was showing interest in another girl.