Chapter 11

Love Is For The Weak

"The power clique stepped out of their private jets and were immediately greeted by their respective bodyguards and chauffeurs.

They all got in to their car and rushed back to their companies to continue vetting their huge stack of reports and documents.

"Minri, give me an update of the company's status, and my upcoming schedules." Yeseul said while reviewing some company documents sent to her via her iPad.

"You have a board meeting to attend for the company's monthly review and, Mr Lee requested audience with you."

"Mr Lee as in my brother or...?" 

"Your father."

"Inform his secretary that I'm busy."

"But.."

"That's all." Yeseul said in a firm tone.

 

 

 

Yeseul was watching the board meeting as the project team presented their plan for the project that Yeseul suggested.

"But won't we be wasting the funds?" One of the board directors challenged Yeseul.

Yeseul spinned her pen casually and said, "It wouldn't be a problem if you stop using the company's funds to support your ladies, or should I say mistresses with luxurious apartments and lavish meals."

"That's utter nonsense! I will never do that!" The director denied.

Yeseul snapped her fingers and her secretary flashed the evidences of Director Min's wrong doings on the slides.

"Jung Won, the model that is growing in popularity, caught entering one of Hyewi Group's Hotel presidential suites with you Director Min. She's just 20 years old, leave the poor girl alone."

Chanyeol watched on in amusement.

Afterall they both have the same genes, bringing people who gets in their way down.

"Shall I let my secretary go on to the other slides? I'm pretty sure I have more evidences to show and expose everyone's 'dirty laundry' ".

Chanyeol smirked and said, "Let this be a warning from the both of us. I'm sure you have suffered enough from the wrath of our father. We are both new, but we are not your usual newbies. Let this be a warning to the board, if anybody dares to try something funny, you're out, to the police."

"All the evidences will be handed to the police, and you can kiss your wealth and family good bye." Yeseul ended.

"Our company will start on the Vice President's project, and as for the department heads, I want this project done with no flaws, am I clear?" Chanyeol said assertively.

Both of the siblings exchanged looks and gave each other a mental high-five, it was in the Lee genes afterall.

 

 

 

Yeseul trudged tiredly to her office but was 'welcomed' by her father instead.

He was sipping his black coffee calmly in his business suit, with his personal secretary standing behind him.

Yeseul spared him a look and rolled her eyes, before making her way to the desk, ignoring her father.

"Are you going to continue being so defiant? Shifting out of the house?" Mr Lee said.

"This shall be my form of revenge for kicking mum out of the house and bringing in that low class woman."

Mr Lee slapped her, and his secretary looked at Yeseul in shock.

"Slapping me won't change the fact that you cheated on mum and chased her out of the house!"

"I'm your father, I can do whatever I want! I gave you shelter, clothes, wealth and power! Who are you to tell me what to do?"

"You're just like Myungsoo's dad, selfish and arrogant, you did not even spare a thought to Chanyeol and me when you started the affair. You threw away the family, you're selfish." Yeseul spat coldly.

Mr Lee straightened his suit and left Yeseul office with his secretary trailing quietly behind him.

"Abeoji, you ruined this family, not me." Yeseul told him before he left.

 

 

Mr Lee sighed and said, "My daughter is too stubborn for her own sake, she takes after me. I'm getting old, and none of my kids want me now."

"Chairman Lee, they will come to realise that the things you do for them, is for their own good." His secretary replied.

"The guy she has been hanging around with, Samsung Group's son? Is he safe?"

"Sir, he's an ideal guy for young miss."

"Keep me updated on what she has been doing, especially with that kid. I don't want my precious daughter to go through another heartbreak because of a useless guy."

"Yes sir." His secretary bowed.
 

 

"Lee Yeseul!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he barged into his sister's office.

He found her calmly looking at the view from her glass office while sipping her iced mocha.

"I heard that Chairman Lee visited your office." Chanyeol gulped, his sister was always calm and cold whenever something unpleasant happens to her.

"Oh, you must have heard about it. I guess he made a grand entrance and exit from the office building, everbody is so well informed about his visit."

"Yeseul please, you know I'm not here because of this. What did he say this time?"

"He asked when I will surrender my white flag. Afterall I had all my stuff shifted to an apartment in Gangnam."

"You're shifting out?!" Chanyeol exclaimed, "Why?!"

"I just cannot stand this screwed up family. Don't worry I got the guards and butler to do it discreetly, the paparazzi would not know about this."

"The point is not about appearing on news headlines or whatever, it's about my sister cutting ties with her family."

Yeseul rolled her eyes and said, "Oppa, it's not that serious. I just want my own space, besides I'm already 22 years old, I'm old enough to make my own decisions."

"But..." Chanyeol sighed in defeat and said, "If you need anything for your new house, just give me a call."

"Thank you Chanyeol."

 

 

Yeseul walked into her new apartment, that was newly furnished and designed the way she liked.

*Ding Dong* the bell rang and Yeseul lazily got off the sofa to answer the door.

"Are you for real guys?" Yeseul frowned as she saw her friends at the door of her house, with their bodyguards holding bags of food.

"C'mon we need to have a house warming party. It's part of the tradition!" Kai said excitedly.

"I'm tired."

"So are we, so let us in, we're crashing for the night." Sehun said and made his way into her house.

"Heol." Yeseul commented.

 

 

 

 

"Chocolate fondue, pizza, sashimi, tarts, red wine, and grilled cheese sandwich!" Yeseul said excitedly as she gave the helpers a hand in unpacking the food.

Myungsoo made himself comfortable on the couch while Kai and Jong Hyun went on a mini house tour.

Sehun said, "We got a housewarming gift for you."

He then proceeded on to signal his guards to pass Yeseul a huge bag, that was wrapped protectively in bubble wrap.

Yeseul looked at him questioningly and went on to unwrap the present: it was a huge photo frame of the five of them in an event, with their million watts smiles captured brightly on the photo.

Yeseul was really moved, she smiled and said, "Thanks guys I really appreciate it."

"Hang it on this wall, so that your visitors can see it. So they will know better than to mess with you." Myungsoo said pointing to the living room wall.

Jong Hyun signalled to his guard to help put up the photo potrait.

 

 

 

Hours later, Sehun, Kai and Myungsoo were sound asleep on Yeseul's floor.

Yeseul sighed, "To think the almighty chaebols are sleeping on the floor. What a headache." and she proceeded on to take the pillows and blankets from her room, putting them in a comfortable sleeping position.

"Do you need help?" Jong Hyun offered.

"It's fine, I'm used to attending to them. I bet they crashed your house often while I was away huh?"

"Oh they sure did. So how is it like staying alone?"

"Good, I'm free from my family." Yeseul smiled, "You stay alone too, does your family visit you often?"

"Mostly my mum, she makes really good side dishes. My father rarely visits but he does send his regards."

"I guess your dad's a pretty busy man. Samsung Group is a really large company."

"There's indeed a lot of stuff to do."

"Get some sleep, you'll need to rush to work tomorrow."

"Shall we grab lunch together tomorrow?" Jong Hyun suggested.

Yeseul grinned and said, "That would be perfect."

 

 

 

"Shall we go?" Jong Hyun appeared in Yeseul's office and she was furiously typing away some documents.

"Let me finish this last section first."

"You're charming at work." Jong Hyun said while staring at her work.

Yeseul bit down her smile and kept a straight face, "You need to stop distracting me."

"I'm distracting you?" Jong Hyun went nearer and kissed her right cheek, "It's time to eat, let's go."

Yeseul stopped typing and quickly took her bag before leaving her office in a hurry.

"Wait for me!" Jong Hyun laughed before scurrying behind her.

 

 

 

The both of them went to the famouse French restaurant in town and when they stepped out of the car they were immediately greeted by paparazzis.

"Are the both of you dating?"

"Does your parents approve of the both of you dating."

Their bodyguards immediately surrounded the both of them, blocking the paparazzis.

"That was a mess." Yeseul said, "They have to stop being so nosy."

"Can't help it, we're popular." Jong Hyun shrugged his shoulders.

Just then there was a commotion in the restaurant, a wealthily dressed man in suit was scolding a lady who looked really familiar.

"Hyera." Jong Hyun muttered under his breath.

Yeseul looked at the scene uneasily and her eyes flickered to Jong Hyun.

 

 

 

"Look, I'm only hiring your team because you guys had good response from Kim Corportations but this design is totally unacceptable! Our new branch is supposed to have a classy feel, not a childish touch!"

"Mr Im, just hear me out. Your new branch concept has to be livelier to reach out to the younger generation."

"I do not take words from a novice like you."

"But Mr Im.."

"I call the shots, not you. You're only 23 years old, so stop with your weird ideas!" The guy raged on.

"Making a scene in a high class restaurant? This is totally unprofessional." Jong Hyun interrupted.

"Jong Hyun." Hyera warned.

"I've got this Hyera." Jong Hyun assured her.

"Oh President Hong, I didn't know you frequent this place, sorry for making a scene." The man said sheepishly, aware of Jong Hyun's influence.

"This girl here, is one of my close friends, so don't you dare give her hard time or else your new company will just go up in smoke."

"Of course, of course." The man bowed and went on to apologise to Hyera, "I'm sorry, I was too carried away. Let's just discuss about your idea another day." and he swiftly left the restaurant.

"Thanks Jong Hyun."

"You're welcome Hyera."

"What are you doing here? Are you here for lunch? Perhaps you can join me for a meal?" Hyera suggested.

"Maybe another day, I'm here with Yeseul." Hyera looked in Yeseul's direction and her face immediately hardened.

"It's okay if I join the both of you right? I'm sure Yeseul won't mind, she's really understanding. Besides, I want to get to know her a little more." Hyera said.

"Okay, Yeseul would be fine with it." Jong Hyun said.

 

 

Yeseul was browsing through the menu at another table until she saw Jong Hyun with a company, Jung Hyera.

Yeseul slumped her shoulders in disappointment and raised her brows.

"Hyera said she wanted to bond with you, and besides she's alone for lunch. I don't want her eating alone, so is it okay for her to sit with us?" Jong Hyun asked.

"What if I'm not okay with it at all." Yeseul said and saw how Jong Hyun scratched his head awkwardly, "I'm kidding, take a seat Hyera ssi." and Hyera gave Yesuel a triumph look.

"What are you getting?" Jong Hyun asked Hyera.

"I'm getting their beef bolognese pasta with their crème brûlée."

Jong Hyun chuckled and said, "You and your sweet tooth, I'll get the same thing too." He told the waiter.

"Wait Jong Hyun, you're allergic to chocolate, the dessert is chocolate flavoured."

"Oh right, then I'll change to the ice cream combo set."

Yeseul squirmed at her seat uneasily, Hyera did understand Jong Hyun better than she did.

 

 

Most of the time Yeseul was eating her food quietly while Jong Hyun and Hyera were conversing, they did not even make an effort to include Yeseul though occasionally Jong Hyun would ask if she was okay.

"So I remember that time during high school, you broke your leg because you didn't want to attend that basketball match."

Hyera would bring up the past, and Yeseul was clearly not part of it, leaving Yeseul to sulk at a corner.

Yeseul quickly gobbled down her food and stood up, "I'll get going first, I got work to do." shooting Jong Hyun her most unpleasant look and left the restaurant with her bodyguards trailing behind her.

 

 

 

"He didn't even chase after me, the least he could do was to offer me a ride back." Yeseul said kicking the stones in her way. She still had an hour left till her break ends, so she just wandered around a park nearby.

Just then she saw a familiar figure posing for a camera in a stylish outfit, it was Soo Hyuk.

She sat down on the bench nearby on her second cone of ice cream while watching him shoot.

 

Flashback

Soo Hyuk was chosen as the poster boy for their high school.

"You should consider modelling." Yeseul commented gradually while looking at the photos, "Wah, it came out good. Send them to a model agency, they're going to accept you."

"Are you sure? I'm just a mere student."

"Trust me oppa, they will. You will reach that modelling goal of yours." Yeseul smiled.

Soo Hyuk laced his fingers around hers and said, "When I become a famous model, I'll make sure to tell the whole world you're mine."

Yeseul pushed him away playfully, "Stop being so mushy!"

End Of Flashback

 

 

Soo Hyuk noticed somebody staring at him, looking closer he found Yeseul staring blankly at the shooting area, and his heart stopped, it was Yeseul.

"And cut! Great job Soo Hyuk ssi, we'll take a 30 minutes break before continuing to the next segment."

Soo Hyuk immediately rushed to Yeseul's side, and she was still in a daze, her ice cream.

"Ice cream again? Really?" Soo Hyuk said.

Yeseul jumped from that familiar deep voice, "You scared me."

Soo Hyuk proceeded on to take a seat beside her, "What were you thinking about?"

Yeseul looked straight into his eyes, "I had a flashback of your high school photoshoot, I'm glad you've reached your dreams."

"Not without you."

"You have a long queue of girls waiting to be with you, you change girls like tissues, throwing them away after using them. Things are not the same anymore Soo Hyuk."

"It was a mistake!" Soo Hyuk said, "That night, on that very night, my manager convinced me to go to the club because he wanted me to build connections and strike a deal there. The girl you saw on that night, was the daughter of a big investor in my modelling career. I didn't mean to miss out on our anniversary, I even got the flowers and bookings ready. I'm sorry Seul, I really am."

Yeseul kept quiet.

"I was an idiot for choosing modelling over you. I shouldn't have done that, and it's my only and biggest regret in my life."

"It's too late now. It won't make any difference to where we are now."

"I finally cleared the air with you, and all I just ask for is one more chance." Soo Hyuk said.

"This time round, Yeseul, you'll be my priority."