Chapter 4

Love Is For The Weak

"Jung Hyemi."

"Myung...Myungsoo?" Hyemi, Soo Hyuk's partner said, stunned.

"Lee Soo Hyuk." Myungsoo glared at him.

"Both of you know each other?" Soo Hyuk asked.

"Nope, not at all. She was just a beggar I helped, I was doing charity you know." Myungsoo spat.

 

 

"Ms Lee, Director Kim is missing." Myungsoo's personal secretary panicked.

"What?!"

"Heol, no wonder. Look who's Lee Soo Hyuk's partner." Kai said.

"Hyemi? No way! Don't tell me it's the Jung Hyemi?!" Yeseul gasped.

"Oh my gosh I should've known. Oh Sehun, you're such an idiot, how dare you invite the both of them."

"Look it's hyung's decision, I have no call in this."

"Where do you think Myungsoo would have went?" Kai said.

"The Club." They said together

 

 

"Ya guys, I didn't bring my car. It'll take time to call a chauffeur, I'll need to sit with one of you."

"You have a porsche, ferrari and maserati to pick from. Choose your driver, me, Kai or Jong Hyun." Sehun said.

"I'll sit with Jong Hyun, all of you are reckless drivers, don't want to risk my life for this stupid Kim Myungsoo."

"A ferrari it is then." Jong Hyun said.

 

 

"Who is this Hyemi girl you guys are talking about?" Jong Hyun asked.

"It's Myungsoo's ex-girlfriend. I can't believe I didn't recognise her. Long story short, she used Myungsoo to get an express pass to the modeling world, and he was really hurt. I remember facing his wrath every single day because of that . Her male partner in the party was Lee Soo Hyuk, my ex-boyfriend."

"Sounds like drama, a lot of drama."

"It is." Yeseul was shocked by herself, she hardly opened up to strangers but she just felt really comfortable around Jong Hyun.

"You have a really nice side profile. Girls must be crazy over you." Yeseul said casually.

"And you are awfully straight forward."

"I heard from Myungsoo that you're the young director from Samsung. I must say you're pretty capable."

"What about you? Which company are you representing?"

"What makes you so sure I'm a company representative. For all you know, I might be a cleaner."

"Oh please. A tailored made dress from Chanel, heels from Louis Vuitton. A cleaner? really?"

"My family owns Hyewi Group."

"Explains the extravagance."

 

"Kim Myungsoo! Ya, ya! Stop drinking! I should've known it's that Jung Hyemi, I'm so sorry for not recognising her first."

"Hyung, she's not worth it." Sehun said.

"She came with Lee Soo Hyuk. Seul, why are you totally okay with it?"

Yeseul sighed and downed a shot.

"Alright, let's all drink our sorrows away tonight, just like the good old times and cheers to our new member, Jong Hyun!" Sehun said.

"Cheers!"

 

 

Soon everybody was drunk except for Kai and Jong Hyun who were the only sober ones.

"Ya! You bastard!" Yeseul exclaimed suddenly, making Jong Hyun jump.

"Did you just call me bastard?" 

Then, Yeseul fell asleep and before her head could hit the floor, Jong Hyun supported her head and put it on his shoulders.

"This girl." Jong Hyun said to himself before sipping the cocktail on his hand.

 

 

"Yeseul, she's interesting huh?" Kai said.

"Yes she is."

"Don't fall too hard. Our princess here, is hard to please but trust me when she opens up to you, she's really talkative." Kai patted his shoulder.

"I realised."

 

*Ring Ring* their phones started ringing consecutively.

"Butler Lee off the alarm!" Sehun muttered.

Yeseul woke up with a start.

"Oh my gosh what have I done. Ya ya! Wake up! Myungsoo get your leg off me you drunk ."

"What time is it..."

"It's already 8am!"

"WHAT?!" They all woke up.

"Hello? Secretary Kim? Yes, I'm on my way.." Sehun took his call and left abruptly.

"Where's Jong Hyun?" Yeseul asked.

Just then she saw a note on the table: 

Hey friends, got to rush off to a morning meeting. I've paid the bill already, don't worry about it.

-Jong Hyun

"What a workaholic." Yeseul said.

The rest of them took the calls from their secretaries and rushed for their morning appointments.

 

"Minri-ssi, I need you to cancel all of my appointments today. I'll be taking a leave from work." Yeseul told her secretary over the phone.

"But Director Lee, you're supposed to meet.."

"Cancel them. If they have an issue with it, they can find me directly. That's all."

"Yes Ma'am."

Myungsoo was about the leave the bar with his secretary trailing behind, until Yeseul said, "Myungsoo! You're eating breakfast with me."

"But I have a meeting to attend to."

Yeseul gave him a look and he sighed, "Secretary Im, cancel all of my appointments today. I won't be going to work."

"The usual?"

"I hate you Seul."

 

 

"So, Hyemi?" Yeseul said while cutting her french toast.

"It's just, seeing Soo Hyuk at the party was bad enough, but Hyemi? I don't know man, the past memories just hit me all of the sudden. The pain when I found out that she was just using me and all, it was horrible Seul."

"Seems like you can't forget about her."

"Oh heck no. Look Seul, I'm just annoyed with the fact that she used me."

"Let it go Myung, it has been ages."

"Alright. What about you then? Seeing Soo Hyuk after so many years?"

"I've seen him enough on magazines back in the States. He seems to be doing fine..without me."

"Well if you call partying all night with different girls fine."

"It's his life Myung."

"Seul, he is a douche. You deserve someone better."

"I'll just concentrate on the company, and make sure Chanyeol doesn't get swallowed by the board of directors. They are pretty cunning, from embezzlement to bribery. I'll make sure to do a spring cleaning on the board."

"Way to go Seul." Myungsoo said dryly.

 

Winter, 2011

"Seul, can you come here now? Myungsoo is being unstable." Sehun said worriedly over the phone

"Why? Did his gold digger girlfriend leave him? Like finally?" Yeseul said sacarstically.

"Yes Seul."

"You can't be for real."

"Yes, not kidding Seul. Come here like RIGHT NOW."

 

Myungsoo was binge drinking.

Yeseul pinched Kai's arm, "Ya you should be stopping him not encourage him by drinking with him!"

"He needs to drink his sorrows away."

"Don't tell me I told you so Seul." Myungsoo said.

"It's okay Myung, you have us." Seul wrapped her arms around Myungsoo. "I promise you that will pay."

True enough, Kai used his connections to block Hyemi from entering the entertainment or modeling industries.

"I booked the whole restaurant to surprise her for her birthday, but when I entered the restaurant I overheard her speaking to another man, getting the reporters to gather at the place we were at just so that she could gain popularity."

"I'll make sure she'll never get to step into any of the hotels Hyewi Group own. Oh and those pictures of her before her transplants and plastic surgery, I'll release them all over the newspaper and magazines, don't worry her career would be ruined." Yeseul said.

"Sigh, we sure are troublemakers." Sehun added.

"Anything for you Myungsoo." Yeseul said.

 

 

Back to 2016

'Chaebols Power Clique' spotted at Gangnam's Elites Only Club DRUNK to celebrate the return of their only girl, Lee Yeseul. Lee Yeseul is the next heir in line for Hyewi Group, and is currently the director of the company. Let's celebrate the return of our flower girl. Also, looks like they have a new member - Hong Jong Hyun, the director of Samsung who recently won an award for being the most capable business leader. This 'Power Clique' is indeed getting more powerful.

"We're always on the cover of the gossip magazines. Last week, it was Kai and his new dog." Myungsoo said

"Dog? Really?" Yeseul said

"Whatever, I'm waiting for a death call from my parents. Probably gonna force me to another blind date for appearing on a gossip magazine."

"Oh boy."