Chapter 5

Love Is For The Weak

"Where are we heading to Ma'am?"

"We're going to Lotte Mall." Yeseul smirked, "It's time for some retail therapy."

 

"Let's see, I'm getting all the latest edition of Chanel bags. Please wrap them up for me", and she flashed her platinum credit card.

Yeseul pointed to the shelf with her personal secretary trailing in shock behind her, I mean who spends a few hundred thousands so easily. Oh wait, it's Lee Yeseul you're talking about.

"Ma'am forgive me for saying this but I don't think...you'll need so much bags." Her personal secretary stuttered.

"Oh trust me it's necessary, I need to head down to the Balmain shop to grab the latest dress for Kai's mum. Could you do me a favour and head down to the shop first and ask the manager to lay out their latest collections?", Yeseul said.

"Certainly. Will you be fine alone? Do you need me to call the bodyguards?"

"It's fine Minri, I'll just look around the shop first before heading down to Balmain. Call me when the shop is ready."

Welcome to the chaebols' world, where everything can be gotten with a snap of a finger, but it comes with a hefty price of course. Whoever wears the crown, bears the weight of the crown. 

This was her definition of shopping.

 

 

Just then Yeseul witnessed a ruckus a young lady was making.

"What do you mean all of the handbags are sold out?!" 

Judging from her looks, the lady is from a family, probably a chaebol like her.

"I'm sorry miss, a customer bought all the bags today." The staff kept on apologising but the lady just wouldn't stop making a fuss.

"Do you know who I am? I, am Kang Hyeri, my dad owns this building and I can have you fired immediately. Give me the handbag now, if not you're out! Give me the contact number of the customer you sold my bag to, I'll offer her triple the price." The manager kept on bowing but it just isn't working, it was their policy to protect the privacy of their customers.

"Aish, she's such an embarassment to the chaebols." Yeseul muttered under her breath.

 

"That would be me, the customer you're looking for." Yeseul intervened.

"Who are you?" The young lady rolled her eyes and judged her from head to toe. "Look, I want the latest collection of the bag. I'm offering triple the price you bought the bag for." and she proceeded to take out wads of cash notes from her bag and threw it at Yeseul's feet.

The staffs gasped in disbelief, Kang Hyeri doesn't know who she's messing with.

The manager intervened, "Agasshi, we'll put you on the priority waiting list and we'll inform you when the new batch of bags come."

"No thanks, I want my bag now! So, do you accept my offer? I mean anybody would jump at my offer right away, it's your lucky day, I'm offering you triple the price. So, my bag?"

Yeseul smirked and took the cash up and threw it at her face, and everybody gasped in horror.

"Look, it's just 10,000 dollars it's not even enough to last me for a week. Kang Hyeri? Then I guess you're the daughter of Kang Yong Chul, Jasmine Group? Look, your daddy's company is going to face a legal lawsuit for embezzelment and the chances are he's going to lose the suit, meaning your family will go bankrupt. Agasshi, just a word of advice, don't ever think you're up there just because your family have the money."

"How dare you?! Don't spout nonsense, you're probably just a dillusional peasant. Give me my bag while I'm asking nicely."

"Oh my gosh Ma'am are you okay?" Her seretary rushed to the scene worriedly.

"Minri, inform the company that we will cut all ties with Jasmine Group. Apparently, they have the financial capability to allow their daughter to splurge, so they won't need our financial support anymore. Oh, and Kang Hyeri? Just to answer your question, I'm Lee Yeseul, the director of Hyewi Group. I'll give you your bag as a form of donation, it'll probably be the last designer bag you'll ever purchase and as for the money, you can keep it. Your family will need it,  trust me."

"Hyewi Group?"

"Yes sweetheart. Your dad's company is just another minion that likes to the boots of my brother and my friends, don't worry your family won't have to do that anymore because your family is out of the game."

And the ice princess exited the shop, living the regretful young lady with the handbag she wanted so badly.

Word of advice: Don't ever offend the ice princess.

 

 

"Ya Kim Jong In! I got the dress your mum wanted to buy, I need you to pick it up."

"I'm busy, I have a meeting in 30 minutes, I can't meet you. Why not you come to the office."

"You are such a burden. See you in 10 mins!"

"Thanks Seul, you're the best!"

"Ew."

"To Kim Corporations Building." Yeseul told the chauffeur.

 

 

Yeseul swinged the office doors open making a loud entrance.

The secretary automatically opened the door for her and said, "Mr Kim is inside."

"He better be." Yeseul grumbled.

"Kim Jong In! Your delivery is here! Oh sorry I didn't know you were here as well." Yeseul blinked at Jong Hyun's presence.

"Hi?" Jong Hyun raised his brows.

Yeseul threw the stuff to Kai and he barely caught it, "How dare you treat me this way you little brat."

"It's not like I care." Yeseul rolled her eyes and made herself comfortable on the custom made leather sofa.

"Remind me why were friends again." Kai sighed.

Jong Hyun chuckled at the scene, "What's so funny well-mannered boy?"

"Not this again, I thought we had this conversation before." Jong Hyun said.

"What are you doing at his office?"

"Oh we just had a meeting about our upcoming resort project in Busan." Jong Hyun said.

"Am I getting the VIP suite Kim Jong In?" Yeseul asked casually.

"Duh, stop asking the obvious."

"Good, I had such a bad day today..." Yeseul was about to continue ranting about her incident in the mall today until Myungsoo barged into the office.

"YA LEE YESEUL!" 

"Is my office a gathering place huh? Guys it's my workplace, I repeat, WORKPLACE." Kai grumbled.

"Lee Yeseul you are such a brat, I just got news from my secretary about what happened at Lotte Mall, what a bully."

"Serves her right though, how dare she act like a spoilt kid."

"So what happened?" Kai asked.

Myungsoo went on to tell Jong Hyun and Kai what happened.

 

 

"Heol, Lee Yeseul you've done well! I'm proud of you." Kai said.

"Remind me to never mess with you." Jong Hyun said

"Are you for real, my staffs were really traumatised Lee Yeseul, and your shopping habits got to go. Spending 100 thousands dollars on shopping in a day? Really?"

Myungsoo went on and on, well besides owning Korean Air they had subsidary companies that own malls too.

"Ugh save my soul, it's all your fault Kim Jong In." Yeseul threw her pillow at him.

"I'm out and Jong Hyun is coming with me, peace out losers." and she dragged Jong Hyun out of Kai's office.

"YA LEE YESEUL!" both Myungsoo and Kai shouted at the same time.

Yeseul didn't know why she dragged Jong Hyun out, she just did.

She felt very at ease with him, she enjoyed his company.

"Director Hong, any important schedules?"

"Nope. I'm cleared for the day."

"Good, I'm kidnapping you for a day."

"Alright young miss." Jong Hyun laughed.

The staffs awed at the perfect 'couple', the both of them look really good together.

"Omo, he's so handsome." The female staffs drooled.

"She's so pretty, they are like a perfect match."

Jong Hyun heard the comments and he just smiled.

Watch out Jong Hyun, don't fall too hard because Lee Yeseul does not believe in love.