Chapter 12

Love Is For The Weak

"I...I can't do that." Yeseul told Soo Hyuk firmly.

"Seul.."

"I lost faith in relationships already, so just don't even start." Yeseul sighed.

"It's time for me to get back already, see you around Soo Hyuk." Yeseul gave him a weak smile and signalled to her bodyguards to leave with her.

 

 

"You brought this upon yourself Lee Soo Hyuk." Soo Hyuk ruffled his nicely styled hair in annoyance.

"Ya it's time for the photoshoot, go get ready." His manager informed him.

"Hyung, I'm taking a year off after this photoshoot." Soo Hyuk said.

"Did I hear you correctly?! A YEAR OFF YOUR CAREER?" His manager scoffed, "Andwae, there are still many advertisements lining up for you, you can't just take off."

"I need time to find myself again, I just lost the person I love with my entire life, she's what keeps me going in the career. Now that she's back, I was hoping she would give me a second chance since I became so successful but..."

"Soo Hyuk ah, please don't make this reckless decisions, you'll move on from this."

"Hyung, you know I can't, I've been stuck in this regret cycle for many years, you know this the best! I just need..need time for myself."

His manager sighed in defeat and said, "I'll arrange this for you, if this is what you want."

He gave a brotherly hug to his manager, "Don't worry hyung, I'll be back, I just need to move on from this phase and escape from this place."

 

 

"Are you kidding me? Two bowls of jjajangmyeon?!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

"What?"

"Okay spill, you're clearly troubled." Myungsoo looked at her with a straight face.

"I'm fine." Yeseul said slurping on her noodles.

"Oh my gosh, somebody please save this girl." Myungsoo sighed.

"Jong Hyun Hyung? Lee Soo Hyuk?"

"We're clearly best friends for a reason." Yeseul gave him two thumbs up.

Myungsoo took the silk hankerchief from her suit pocket and wiped that was messily stained with sauce, "Image young lady, you're still in your office."

"I've on-ed the privacy setting, nobody can hear or see us." She said looking at the now tinted windows.

"Jong Hyun, we went on a lunch date today, and we saw his ex."

"So?"

"So...well long story short she asked me to back off and interrupted our lunch. Apparently she was caught in a sticky situation with a client, and Jong Hyun saved this damsel in distress." Yeseul explained.

"I mean they were an item afterall..." Myungsoo trailed.

"But hey, chin up Seul, you're way more than this." Myungsoo said seriously.

"Do you seriously think I'll just let you well up in your own depressing hole? We're eating ice cream, c'mon." Myungsoo pulled Yeseul up.

"I have work!!" Yeseul protested.

"It can wait."

"You and your priorities." Yeseul sighed.

The employees were all murmuring about Myungsoo and Yeseul, leaving hand in hand during office hours is indeed scandalous.

 

 

"What?! Uncle got himself another girlfriend?" Yeseul shuddered at the thought while her second serving of vanila ice cream.

"It's some model that he's sponsoring." Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Ugh those women and their money faces." Yeseul nodded.

"So, Jong Hyun Hyung."

"What about him?"

"Are the both of you even making any progress?" Yeseul shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm going to his office later for a meeting on a collaboration project, let me talk to him." Myungsoo said finishing his last mouth of ice cream before dipping his spoon into Yeseul's cup.

Yeseul smacked his hand and said, "This is MY portion, do not touch it."

"Selfish."

"Stop whining." Yeseul complained.

"You know, I would have totally dated you if you're not my bestfriend." Myungsoo said casually.

Yeseul smacked his shoulders and said, "Not funny."

"Whatever, I got my secretary to leave the vanila flavoured ice cream at your house already."

"Myungsoo jjang." Yeseul smiled.

"Yeah, whatever." 

 

 

Jong Hyun dialed Yeseul's number on his phone for the nth time, but she isn't picking up.

Is she angry with me? Pabo Jong Hyun, it was supposed to be a date.

"Hyung, stop pacing around the room you're making me dizzy." Myungsoo said while examining the report closely, ensuring that no mistakes are made.

"Is Yeseul's mobile on?" Jong Hyun asked anxiously.

Myungsoo put the report down and said, "You, made a grave mistake."

"I knew it, something's up." Jong Hyun sighed.

"Firstly, asking your ex to dine with Yeseul is a big no no. Secondly, why didn't you go after her idiot? Thirdly, I'm disappointed."

Jong Hyun massaged his temples and said, "What can I do to make up to her."

"Simple, cut things off with your ex."

"I can't...I owe her too much, and I promised her to stay as friends."

"Look, either you stop being confused with your feelings or you leave Yeseul, pick one and stop being selfish." Myungsoo hardened his gaze.

 

 

Flashback

"I don't get it."  Hyera said.

"Get what?" Jong Hyun looked up.

"Yeseul, she's not all that perfect, so why did you choose her?" Hyera said while cutting her steak calmly.

"I like everything about her, that's all." Jong Hyun answered firmly.

Hyera put down her utensils and said, "Just come back to me oppa, I promise I would never leave your side again."

Jong Hyun stared at Hyera and said, "Maybe I was wrong in wanting this friendship. Hyera, it's over between us already and you know who I've given my heart to.

Hyera teared up and said, "Guys like you are jerks, big fat jerks." and left.

Jong Hyun wanted to go after her, but he knew, their relationship isn't the same anymore.

 

 

 

Yeseul was in her office, reviewing the reports that were neatly stacked on her desk.

"Ms Lee, Mr Hong has been calling continuously to the secretary office insisting that he has something important to tell you."

"Ignore it."

"But..."

"Cut the line or something if you find it annoying." She said, without even looking up from the reports she was vetting.

"Yeseul.." She looked up after hearing that familiar deep voice.

"Soo Hyuk." Yeseul nodded.

Her secretary took it as her signal to leave, leaving the both of them alone.

 

 

"I'm leaving Korea."

"It's not the first time Soo Hyuk, plus I do not need to know about this information."

"I'm going to leave for London, about 3 years there."

Yeseul dropped her pen, "Why?"

"I'm going to further my studies, and take this chance as a good break from my modelling career."

"But you love your job!"

"I love it, but the sacrifices were really big. I just need to get out of Korea and take a good breather, and reflect a little about life."

"You should consider taking up philosophy, that was really deep." Yeseul joked.

"I'm keeping my options open." Soo Hyuk winked and extended his arms, "Goodbye hug? I'm leaving after this."

Yeseul smiled and gave him a friendly hug, she whispered, "Thank you for all of the good memories you left me with."

"And I'm sorry for leaving really bad ones too." Soo Hyuk gave a guilty look.

"Friends?" Yeseul extended her hand.

Soo Hyuk paused for awhile before returning the handshake, "Friends."

 

 

If you're reading this, please do leave some comments behind so I'll know how the story is going! :) Thank you!