Chapter 13

Love Is For The Weak

Yeseul has been working around the clock in her office, busy with her upcoming projects.

Sometimes she just hated how rich her family was because, wealth came with huge responsibilities.

The staff under her were also camping in the office, dozing off at their work desk.

"Minri, bring me the detailed plans for the project, and also the budget planning for it." Yeseul spoke through the speaker on her phone, but she was met with silence.

"That girl needs to stop dozing off." Yeseul groaned and went out to fetch the files herself, only to be met with a scene of dead zombies, I mean workers dozing off on their work desk.

She stared at her Rolex watch and sighed, they have been at the project for many nights and made a mental note to grant them a generous end of year bonus.

She took her purse and went to the nearby cafe to buy coffee for her workers.

 

 

 

"Can I have 12 cups of iced caramel latte, with extra shots." and handed the lady her card.

"Yeseul." She turned around after hearing a familiar voice, it was Jong Hyun.

"We need to talk." Jong Hyun said anxiously.

"I'm busy." She brushed him off.

"Those 12 cups of coffee would take some time to prepare."

Yeseul groaned and said, "Fine." and he smiled.

 

 

"Firstly, I would like to apologise. I'm sorry for screwing up our first date, dragging Hyeri in was never my intention, I just thought it would be good for the both of you to get to know each other especially since..both of you didn't have a good start."

"Look, me and Kang Hyera can never get along because she has feelings for you, and I think you know that."

"Yes, I do but I made it clear to her already that it is not possible for the both of us to get back together."

"So you've chosen to give her up?" Yeseul raised her brows, "Look, I'm not some toy you can throw away whenever you want to. Jong Hyun if you're serious about me, show it to me."

Yeseul was prepared to leave until Jong Hyun held her back and said, "Why don't you trust my feelings for you?"

"I don't know, I don't trust in love in general."

"What can I do to make you have faith in me?"

"I don't know..." Yeseul mumbled.

"Number 70!" The staff shouted, indicating that Yeseul's coffee order was ready.

"I should go, my order is ready."

Jong Hyun then engulfed her in a tight hug and said, "I'm sorry, I really am, give me one more chance please."

Yeseul was shocked and said, "People are watching, they recognise you." and true enough, the customers in the shop were snapping pictures on their smartphones.

"Let them be, I just haven't liked a girl so much in awhile, and being away from you was just fustrating and annoying."

Yeseul pulled away and blushed heavily, "Alright I get it! I'm making a move first." and exited the cafe quickly.

 

 

Yeseul entered her office with bags of coffee and was surprised to see her employees having enjoying their bento set.

Upon seeing Yeseul, all of them stopped eating and bowed.

"Minri ssi, who bought the bento sets?"

"Me." Myungsoo said, leaning against the door of her office in his business suit.

Her employees smiled sheepishly and she said, "I bought iced latte for all of you, Minri ssi help me distribute them." and she walked to her office, only to hear an earful of naggings from Myungsoo.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol Hyung said you haven't leave the office since forever." Myungsoo said and he smelled her hair, "and you stink."

Yeseul rolled her eyes while eating the bento set Myungsoo got for her and said, "There's this project that's coming up, and it's a big scale one. I can't afford to have any flaws."

"Perfectionist as always."

"So what brings you here?"

"I was worried you died in your office or something and I made a bet with Sehun about you being alive." Myungsoo said nonchantly.

Yeseul threw a pillow at Myungsoo and he caught it swiftly, "Careful, you'll ruin my hair."

"I heard you got arranged in a blind date with Jung Group's youngest daughter."

"She's...plastic. Her s are ridiculously big, unappealing."

"Ew." Yeseul made a face.

"I met Jong Hyun at the cafe." Yeseul said quietly.

"I'm listening."

"Well, he apologised and kinda hugged me in front of everybody, I was so embarassed."

"Give that poor guy another chance, he's just clueless and inexperienced in dating like you."

"But..."

"You deserve happiness, we all deserve happiness." Myungsoo said.

"Just give it a shot, and take things slow. There's no rush, and that Hyera girl is a prick in an , she needs to be disposed."

"I was about to compliment you about being deep but, I'll take my words back."

"What's up with the news of Soo Hyuk leaving Korea for studies?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. He left Korea, and he'll be at the States for about a few years."

"Yes! This calls for a celebration!" Myungsoo cheered.

"Kim Myungsoo!"

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Yeseul employees were gossiping while watching her interaction with Myungsoo.

"I heard he's the director to Korean Air."

"What is he doing here?"

"Apparently she's Ms Lee's best friend." Minri said.

"He's so good looking!" Another staff gushed.

"Do you think they have something going on?"

"Probably, but my instinct tells me he likes her." Another staff commented.

"Director Hong from Samsung also visits her often!" Another staff said.

"Oh yes!"

"My bet is with Myungsoo, Ms Lee will definitely end up with him." Minri said.

Another staff said, "Mine is with Jong Hyun, he's totally Ms Lee's type."