Chapter 6

Love Is For The Weak

"Where are we going?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Namsan Tower? It's been a long time since I went there, and thank goodness you're free today if not I would have looked like a major loner with all the couples here."

"Sounds good, I haven't been there in a long time too." Jong Hyun said sadly.

Yeseul sensed the sadness and nudged Jong Hyun, "You alright mate?"

"I'm fine."

 

 

Flashback 2012 Autumn 

"Jong Oppa come here quick!"

Jong Hyun followed his girlfriend's step and reached the love lock section of the tower.

"Look what I brought!" Hyera flashed a lock she brought specially for the couple.

"Heol, cheesy much Jung Hyera."

Jong Hyun took the permanent marker and wrote "JH <3 HYE"

"I'm going to lock this so that we will be together forever and always."

"Sounds good." Jong Hyun smiled in blissfulness.

 

"Jong Hyun?"

"Yes you were saying?"

"You were practically spacing out. It's okay I was just rambling earlier, it's nothing important. Are you okay? If you're tired I can just drop you off and go to the tower alone."

"It's fine. I was just thinking about some work related stuff." Jong Hyun brushed his memories aside.

 

"The tower is still as pretty! Look at the number of love locks!" Yeseul squealed in excitement.

"Calm down agasshi, it's just Namsan tower."

"I've always liked the view from here, it's calming. Speaking of which, would you like to...drink?" Yeseul suggested

"Beer? Call!" Jong Hyun agreed.

"I'll go buy the stuff, stay here alright!"

"I can just get my secretary to buy the stuff." Jong Hyun offered.

"It's okay, I'm going to take the chance to shop for some snacks as well!"

After Yeseul left, Jong Hyun looked over at the love locks section, and unknowingly he began finding for the love lock he made with Hyera.

After 15 minutes of endless searching, he finally found the old lock hidden behind the other locks.

He stared at it longingly, and before he knows it, nostalgia hit him hard in the face.

 

 

Flashback Incheon Airport 2012

"Hyera, you can't just leave me here for 2 years." Jong Hyun teared while sending Hyera off

"I...Jong Hyun, I need to leave for Austrailia, they offered me a full scholarship. You know how much I want this."

"But how can we do this long distance relationship? Hyera, I'll go crazy from missing you!"

"I promise I'll video call you everyday alright. I love you, Jong Hyun." and Hyera left for Australia.

"I love you too Jung Hyera."

As promised, the couple called each other everyday, but this relationship was getting very tiring.

Jong Hyun had to work overtime at his family company to learn the ropes and Hyera was busy with her studies. One day, Hyera cut off all connections with Jong Hyun.

Jong Hyun became devestated but he did not give up and even called Hyera everyday, but it only landed in her voicemail.

 

"Let's break up." A text from Hyera came one day.

Jong Hyun's heart broke into a million pieces, and there was nothing he could do because Hyera refused to answer his calls and pleas. It was over.

Gradually Jong Hyun accepted the truth and he stopped trying.

 

"Erherm." Yeseul cleared and peeped at the lock he was holding, "I'm guessing the 'JH' means Jong Hyun."

Before Jong Hyun could say anything, she continued, "You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to."

"She broke up with me when we were having a long distance relationship." Jong Hyun said quietly while Yeseul handed him a can of beer.

"She's the one that got away huh?" Yeseul took a sip from her beer.

She looked over at the down looking Jong Hyun and said, "It's okay, I'm sure you'll find the one soon. Hey, I can introduce all my model friends to you!"

"Models? Nah, too overated. Having a model girlfriend is so cliche."

"Businessman with a model? You're right, it's a little cliche."

"Well cheers to being single!" and they clinked their cans.

Jong Hyun looked at Yeseul and admired her pretty face and her brown orbs. Yeseul was pretty, scratch that, she was pretty and Jong Hyun was starting to take interest in her.

 

"Sehun's hosting his 22nd birthday in Zylinque Club today, message from Sehun: 'make sure to get off work in time'" Myungsoo said while sipping his iced Americano.

"I got his message through text already, he is so naggy I swear." Yeseul said.

"So how's the date with Jong Hyun huh?" Myungsoo asked teasingly.

"Secret. It was a good friendship bonding time."

"Don't tell me he's replacing me as your bestfriend."

"He is not, stop being so whiny." Yeseul rolled her eyes.

"Make sure to eat the bento lunch set Seul." Myungsoo reminded her.

"Yes mum."

"That's my girl."

 

 

Yeseul wore a strapless bodycon red dress from Prada, coupled with a fur jacket from Chanel.

Once she stepped out of the car, heads turned, spotlight was on Lee Yeseul.

The paparazzi started snapping their cameras away when they spotted Yeseul outside the club. Afterall it was Jeguk's group's son birthday, lot's of famous figures will be there and the club is exclusively for the elites and stars.

"Yeseul ssi, how do you feel, coming back to Korea after so many years?"

"We heard that Mr Hong Jong Hyun is a new addition to your clique."

"Ms Lee, have you contacted your ex-boyfriend Lee Soo Hyuk after coming back to Korea." This comment from the reporter caused Yeseul to turn her attention to him and before she could say anything, an arm slinged around her shoulder and she heard a deep familiar voice, "Stop putting her in a difficult spot will you?" 

"Lee Soo Hyuk ssi how does it feel seeing Yeseul ssi after so many years in Korea."

"We will not answer any questions pertaining to our relationship, I hope you respect our privacy." and Soo Hyuk led Yeseul inside the club.

 

 

Once the pair entered the club, heads turned and whispers were heard.

"You can let go of me now." Yeseul said.

Soo Hyuk looked at her with a soft look, "I missed you Seul."

Yeseul got lost in his eyes for a moment, get a grip of yourself Lee Yeseul.

"You shouldn't have done that in front of the paparazzis, the gossip magazines will make false rumours about relationships."

"I mean it Yeseul, I really missed you while you're away. You have no idea how much I pestered Myungsoo to give me your contact, but you know how he is."

Yeseul started tearing up, "Why now? It's too late Soo Hyuk, you had your chance back then. I'm just going to take my leave first."

Soo Hyuk grabbed her hands, "Yeseul, stay please. I'm sorry I've only said it now, I should have said it back then. I was so childish and ignorant about our relationship, give me another chance. I promise I'll make it up to you." Soo Hyuk said it with sincerity.

"Let go of her jerk." Myungsoo pulled Yeseul away.

"You chose those model girls over Seul, I won't let my bestfriend go to you." Myungsoo glared at him with a cold gaze.

The showdown between Korea's top model and the good looking heir to Korean Airlines attracted a crowd of curious onlookers.

"There's a crowd forming, Soo Hyuk we'll talk next time. I don't want any gossips to ruin your career."

"Yeseul ah."

"Seul, let's go." Myungsoo pulled Seul away from Soo Hyuk.

 

 

 

"Soo Hyuk, you made it!" his other model friends hollered with girls in their arms.

Soo Hyuk sighed and downed a shot of vodka.

"Easy there." Jong Suk, his best friend said.

"Isn't that Lee Yeseul?" he asked after spotting her with her powerful friends on another table.

"You're right."

"You haven't cleared the air with her yet? Dude, you're still hung up over her after so many years, it's your chance now to clear the misunderstanding that happened."

"It's too late now hyung. She won't understand."

 

Flashback to 2010, 

"Soo Hyuk, the president requested for your presence in the club tonight." His manager said.

"Why? I can't make it hyung, it's my anniversary with my girlfriend."

"I know your girlfriend is important but this is your chance to rise to a top star. Look, there is this investor that is willing to sponsor you and he wants to meet you before making the decision."

"But why at the night club?"

"It's not just any night club Soo Hyuk, it's where all the top stars gather and make business deals with one another."

"But Hyung.."

"No buts, this is your chance to achieve your dreams as a top star."

 

"President Kang, I'm Lee Soo Hyuk." Soo Hyuk introudced himself.

"Oh welcome, welcome! This is my daughter Jungmi, she's really a big fan of yours and she specifically requested for me to take care of you."

The young lady in front of him smiled and introduced herself.

Throughout the whole meeting, Jungmi sticked to him like a glue.

Everytime she comes close to him, he pushes her away politely, it was suffocating and the thought of abandoning Yeseul today made him really sad.

Just then he went out to take a short breather and saw Yeseul sobbing outside the club.

Yeseul was sad and heartbroken, it was hard for her to hear him out, and it didn't help when he made an idiotic remark.

Just then Jungmi came out from the club at the worst timing ever and this marked the end of his relationship with Yeseul.

 

From then on he regretted his actions greatly, and blamed his younger self for not being strong enough to hold her back and for being the worst boyfriend ever.

He partied with models almost everyday thinking it was the life of a supermodel, but the truth is, he still held Yeseul close to his heart.

 

 

"Lee Yeseul, you've got some explaining to do." Sehun gave her an expecting look.

"What?"

"Lee Soo Hyuk?"

"We just met at the entrance, that's all."

"That's all?!"

"It's all your fault! If you didn't host your party here, it wouldn't become a problem."

"This club has the hottest girls from Seoul, I can't help it." Yeseul rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Luckily I saved you from his , that jerk better stay away." Myungsoo said protectively.

"Thanks knight in shining armour." Yeseul said sacarstically.

 

The top DJ started blasting music and hollered over the microphone, "Shoutout to Oh Sehun! Happy Birthday Man!" Sehun raised his glass as a form of appreciation. Kai dragged Yeseul to the dance floor, afterall they were partners in crime.

"Kim Jong In, where's Jong Hyun?"

"Hyung said he's going to be late, he has some matters to settle in the office."

"Oh I see."

And the both of them started dancing on the packed dance floor like there's no tomorrow.

Yes, Lee Yeseul is a real party animal.

 

 

Yeseul lost sight of Kai due to the crowd and she was starting to feel a little insecure.

Just then a guy approached her, "Hey beautiful, may I get you a drink?"

"No thanks, I'm good."

"Just a drink?" The guy asked persistantly.

"I said no." Yeseul said, irritated.

The guy didn't take no for an answer and continued to pester her.

Just then, Yeseul felt somebody pulling her behind.

"She said no already, leave her alone."

It was that familiar deep voice again.

"Dude what's your problem?" The guy said.

"She's with me, so stop harrassing her before I get my bodyguards to throw you out." Soo Hyuk glowered at the guy.

The guy left unwillingly.

"Thanks Soo Hyuk ssi."

"Seul." Soo Hyuk said seriously, "We have to talk."

 

 

If you're reading this story, do leave a comment below to let me know how you find this story so that I can make further improvements to it. Thank you! :)