Chapter 10

Love Is For The Weak

"That was really rude, I'm really sorry Hyera, they're just..."

"It's her isn't it?" Tears were rolling down her cheeks, and Jong Hyun just stood there not knowing what to do.

"Hyera..I.."

"I get it, she's pretty, rich and capable. It's totally your type and also the type of girl your family is looking for."

"I'm so sorry Hyera, I really am."

Jong Hyun felt guilty and responsible for Hyera, it was his family who sent her out of Korea and now he has moved on to Hyera, he felt bad, really bad.

Hyera cleared her tear stricken face and said, "Alright, now let's not get upset with the past, let's at least remain as friends, close friends, like how we were in the past okay?"

"Friends." Jong Hyun nodded.
 

 

 

 

Yeseul could hear phone ringing away on her bed, but she just casually ignored it while sipping the red wine from her glass and staring out into the city lights

Lee Yeseul, what has gotten into you, stop being an emotional .

Just then she heard her hotel door unlock, she rolled her eyes, "Kim Jong In do you even know what privacy is?"

Kai gave an apologetic smile and said, "Seul, I'm sorry for everything, I'm so clueless about everything and..." Kai paused and Yeseul raised her brows.

"And for being so dumb." Kai mumbled the last part of the sentence.

Yeseul poured another cup of wine for Kai and said, "I guess Sehun and Myungsoo already lectured you enough, so let's not go there, it's really depressing."

"Lee Yeseul you're in trouble."

"Why?"

"Because I think you fell for Jong Hyun too hard, and as your 'brother' I think it's right to talk to you about this."

"I'm not a girl anymore, you, Myungsoo and Sehun can't baby me forever. Look, I can get my feelings sorted on my own."

"I know Myungsoo and Sehun probably nagged at you a millionth time for this and as your partner in crime, I'm not suppose to nag but Seul, please forgive yourself and learn to let go of the scars your previous relationship has left you with."

Yeseul sighed and said, "You know how much I hate this. I'm afraid Jong Hyun will leave me like how Soo Hyuk left me. Those days were literally hell for me, you know this. I'm so afraid of committing in a relationship again."

"Jong Hyun is the perfect fit for you, he is ideal. So Seul, let's not get wavered alright, and follow your heart."

And Kai left the hotel room leaving Yeseul deep in thought.

A few moment later she dialed a few digits on her phone, "You free for a walk at the beach?"

 

 

"I..." Both of them said at the same time.

"You go first, ladies first." Jong Hyun said.

"I just wanted to apologise for my behaviour earlier, it was really rude of me. I was just...really tired with all the company stuff going on."

"You're forgiven, Hyera doesn't hold grudges and I don't too. Are you alright Yeseul? I'm sorry I invited Hyera to our table without informing you guys...and I was really worried about you."

Yeseul stopped in her tracks and cupped Jong Hyun cheeks, "I'm alright, so now that we have the air cleared, let's just go back to being comfortable with each other. You're really precious to me, I don't want you to ever leave my side ever."

Jong Hyun was stunned for a moment, this was the Yeseul, that he likes, scratch that, he loves, asking him never to leave her side. How could he leave her? She's like a strong magnet, pulling him closer and closer.

Jong Hyun flicked her forehead, "How could I leave you pabo, I can't. Even if you push me away so bad, I won't ever leave."

"So when am I getting an answer from you?" Jong Hyun asked jokingly.

"Answer?"

"To be my girlfriend, duh." He stated as a matter of fact.

"That was so direct." 

"I don't like beating around the bush."

"Heol." and Yeseul started walking away.

"Ya! Lee Yeseul! It's not going to work!"

"Whatever! You just need to know that the feeling is mutual!" Yeseul shouted before running back to her hotel room embarrassingly.

"She didn't agree, but at least I know that we have a special relationship now." Jong Hyun smiled to himself like a fool before walking back to his room.

 

 

 

"Why do you always have to choose the wrong time to disturb me? I need my sleep." Myungsoo whined and Yeseul simply barged into his room.

"This imprudent girl."

"I heard you Myung."

"Good, I need to tell your dad to reconsider his choice of making you the vice president of Hyewi group."

"Yeseul started munching on his unopened packet of chips and made herself comfortable on Myungsoo's bed.

"Ya! The crumbles, oh god I need housekeeping." Myungsoo groaned, "So what's up?"

"I cleared things with Jong Hyun already." 

"That's good?"

"I told him that I like him and the feelings are mutual."

"Took you long enough." Myungsoo said while yawning, "But you didn't agree to be his girlfriend right?"

"Yeah, I'm still not ready."

"Whatever floats on your boat Yeseul, it's your own choice."

"Yeap that's all I wanted to tell you. I'm going to get some sleep, night Myungsoo!" and she left in a jiffy.

"That girl, I hope she made the right choice." Myungsoo sighed before calling housekeeping.

 

 

 

"Breakfast buffet? Really? Chanyeol I'm going to get fat!" Yeseul complained over the phone.

"Trust me, it's a good spread. I flew in your favourite chef from Paris to make your favourite desserts and pancakes and.."

"Okay I'm coming!" Yeseul excitedly hung up the call and went to prepare, wearing a professional button down blouse with a tight fitting skirt that cut off right above her knees. She paired her outfit with a pair of gold earrings and a pair of Dior pumps. There you have it, Yeseul the goddess.

"Hey guys." Yeseul greeted the table and found her seat next to Jong Hyun who was looking sharp in his fanciful looking suit and styled hair. 

Jong Hyun smiled at her and she gave him a knowing smile.

"Chanyeol Hyung flew in your favourite pastry chef from Paris." Myungsoo said while gobbling down the pancakes.

"Yes, and I'm going to get them now."

 

 

 

"Oh isn't this Ms Lee?"

"Chef Paul!" Yeseul excitedly greeted her favourite pastry chef.

"Here's your favourite Blueberry pancakes with whip cream and chocolate sauce. A special order for you only." The chef winked.

"I missed your pancakes and lemon tarts." She replied in fluent french.

"Ms Lee?" Hyera approached her while she was helping herself to the lemon tarts.

"Oh Hyera ssi." Hyera nodded, trying to hide her distaste. For Jong Hyun's sake, she's going to try to get along with his ex.

"Look Hyera ssi, I'm sorry for being rude yesterday I..."

"I want Jong Hyun back." Hyera said cutting Yeseul off.

"Okay, I take my words back. I'm not sorry for being rude." Yeseul said and sidestepped Hyera.

"Just to let you know, I know Jong Hyun better than you, you'll lose."

Yeseul rolled her eyes and said, "Try me." before strutting away.

 

 

Yeseul banged her two full plates of food down, making the other guys jump.

"Lee Yeseul are you kidding me?" Sehun said.

"What?"

"1 big pile of pancakes, 4 lemon tarts, 2 scones, 4 egg tarts and 5 bacons?!" Kai shrieked.

"I need energy."

"You're going to grow fat." Myungsoo said.

"Whatever!" Yeseul replied and started on her feast.

Jong Hyun chuckled quietly while watching her eat.

This was what made her attractive, she was carefree and kind, nobody could stop her.

"Hyung stop staring at Yeseul, you're going to drool." Kai teased Jong Hyun.

Yeseul kicked Kai's legs underneath the table, "I'm gonna kill you." Yeseul mouthed while he groaned in pain.