Chapter 16

Love Is For The Weak

"Apparently the ex-girlfriend is more important than our engagement, ENGAGEMENT" Drunk Yeseul exclaimed while taking huge gulps from the vodka bottle.

"Don't worry we will find you a better guy!"

"I can ask my mum for help, she's the best when it comes to match making!" Kai said.

Sehun smacked his head and said, "Why not let's just all grow old together? We'll just stay in the same house!"

Yeseul smiled, and forgot about the heartbreak temporarily.

Yeseul never understood and never will understand Jong Hyun for prioritizing other things over their engagment party. Afterall the party was never a child's play and Jong Hyun was fully aware of how the party was important to Yeseul.

But he just had to go to Kang Hyera's side.

 

 

 

"Chairman, you called me?" his secretary bowed.

"Help me find out why Jong Hyun had to leave the party, Yeseul just didn't want to tell us the reason." He sighed while picking up his blazer.

"Yes sir, do you need me to prepare the chauffeur for you?"

"It's okay, I'll be driving to see Yeseul. Have you bought the bento box?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yes sir, it's prepared. I'll have someone to send it to your car."

"Good."

Myungsoo was angry, really angry that Jong Hyun hurt his best friend.

Ever since high school days, Yeseul has been beside him through his ups and downs, and he made a promise to stick by her no matter what.

It wasn't easy to understand how the rich society worked, but he was glad Yeseul was beside him.

This time round, he's never ever going to let Yeseul be hurt by Jong Hyun.

It was safe to say that every fibre of his body hates Kang Hyera, and she's going down.

 

 

 

 

"Jong Hyun...Jong Hyun oppa!" Jong Hyun squinted his eyes, having a hard time adjusting to the brightness.

He opened his eyes and saw a half Hyera beside him, and suddenly realised that he was just in his underwear.

"What...what happened?!" Jong Hyun exclaimed and then a splitting headache hit him causing him to lie back down on his bed.

"Well you got really drunk last night and the bartender called me up..."

"Called you? Ah...you were probably the last person that contacted me on my phone. But..why are we...?"

"You don't remember the details?"

"Don't tell me, we did...it?" Jong Hyun said with a guilt filled heart.

"Yes, we did. You were too drunk to remember anything..."

"Why didn't you stop me?!" Jong Hyun shouted and threw the pillow to the wall, scaring Hyera.

"Hong Jong Hyun, you messed up big time. You are an idiot, big, big idiot."

 

 

 

 

"Director, where shall we go?" 

"To wherever Jong Hyun is at." Yeseul said.

"Yes M'am, we will prepare the car shortly."

 

 

 

*Ding Dong*

Yeseul pressed the bell of the hotel suite room.

The door swinged open and she found Hyera being wrapped in a towel.

Yeseul clenched her fists in anger and asked, "Where's Jong Hyun?"

"Oppa? He's showering." Hyera replied with a sly smile.

"Stupid ." Yeseul slapped Hyera and said, "How dare you steal Jong Hyun away from me!!" 

"Do you think you're all that just because you're Hyewi's Group Director. Heck, you can't even keep your man away from me. I told you a few years back I will get Jong Hyun back, and I did. He is mine, so back off."

Yeseul raised her palm once again to slap Hyera but was stopped by Jong Hyun.

"Stop it." Jong Hyun said.

Yeseul wriggled her hand out of Jong Hyun's grasp and shot him the coldest look ever and said, "You slept with her? This lowly ? She's out to break our engagement."

"Yeseul, it was all my fault, not Hyera's fault at all. Her grandmother was dying and I had to fufil her dying wish!"

"What about now?! How do you explain this situation?!"

"I...I am so sorry Yeseul..I got really drunk and..." Jong Hyun said Yeseul started sobbing.

Suddenly a fist connected with Jong Hyun's face, and his was knocked off the floor.

"You bastard, how dare you cheat on Yeseul with this low class after running away from the engagement?! Hyung, you disgust me to the core." Myungsoo shouted and protectively put his hands around Yeseul's shoulders.

"Me, Sehun and Kai will make sure to destroy Kang Hyera's future career, this is just a payback for hurting our only princess. As for you hyung, we're no longer friends anymore." Myungsoo said.

"Yeseul, let's go. Let's not waste any of your precious tears for a guy like him." Before pulling her out of the hotel.

 

 

 

 

Yeseul and Myungsoo were being seated at a private VIP meeting room in the hotel.

"At this rate, my dad is going to disown me." Yeseul said while eating her favourite bento set that Myungsoo prepared.

"You can always leech on your brother."

"How did you find me here?"

"When I couldn't find you at your apartment, I got my secretary to do some check."

Yeseul gave a bitter chuckle, "I'm pathetic aren't I?"

Myungsoo sighed and said, "Just say the word, and I'll send my men to beat her up."

"Don't do that!!"

"I'm just kidding, but you know if you want me to, I can."

"Thanks for always having my back Myungsoo. I wouldn't know what to do without you."

"Die?"

Yeseul threw her fork at him and said, "You die idiot."

 

 

 

 

 

"Have you ever thought maybe, just maybe, Myungsoo and Yeseul stands a chance together?" Sehun said randomly.

"That will never, ever, happen. They are just best friends?" Kai said.

"The way Myungsoo looks at Yeseul and takes care of her, is a totally different level of 'I'm-your-bff' ".

"That's true, he takes care of her really well, plus he isn't seeing any girls anymore. I've once wondered if he turned gay."

Sehun threw his pen at Kai's head, "Hyung get your together! We are on a mission to save Yeseul."

"Oh boy."