Chapter 3

Love Is For The Weak

"Lee Yeseul."

"Secretary Kim, didn't I ask you not to let anybody in?" Yeseul said while typing away on her computer.

"Heol, I'm hurt."

Yeseul looked up and saw a guy holding donuts from her favourite cafe.

"Kim Myungsoo! You could have called me instead of just barging into my...office." Yeseul grinned and hugged her best friend.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and said, "Dude, it's bestie duty to inform ME that you've actually came back to Korea and not make me find out your flight details from MY SECRETARY."

"I've figured out you would wriggle your way into my office. Afterall, you own Korea Air", Yeseul casually stated

"You're such a little ."

"Oh tell me something I don't know."

"So have you seen Soo Hyuk?" Myungsoo casually stated while plopping himself down on her custom made leather sofa.

"Who is Soo Hyuk? Am I supposed to know him?"

"C'mon seul, he's all over the magazines, tv and I don't know probably the whole Korea?"

"Oh." Yeseul replied while she gobbled down her donuts.

"Whatever just so you know, he's banned from taking my airline and I also gave him a piece of my mind." Myungsoo smirked.

"Hearing his name gives me cancer, let's talk about something else, like the nth model girlfriend you dated? So was her name Minah or Min Kyung?" she said while rubbing her temples.

"I don't remember her name. Could be Minri or Minyoung.."

Yeseul threw her cushion at Myungsoo, "Kim Myungsoo you are unbelievable!"

 

Spring 2010, The Annual Socialites Party

"This party is so boring." 

18 years old Yeseul was just wandering aimlessly at the garden, getting away from those caked face ladies and scary looking men who were seen as scheming.

"Appa, why did you bring this 25 years old model to this party? You're too old, and she is just a disgusting gold digger! Did you see the way those ahjummas were looking at her? You're embarrassing me!" 

*Slap*

Yeseul gasped at the scene, feeling bad for the 18 year old boy getting slapped.

"Myungsoo, look. I'm Kim Man Soo, one of the richest man in Korea. I can have any girl I want so who are you to tell me what to do? Let me remind you that I'm also the one who brought this family name honor. All the wealth and glory you can have is thanks to me! If anything, you're the embarrassment to our family name."

"Whatever, you don't treat me like your son anyways."

"I'll get my secretary to call the chauffeur for you. We can have this talk at home." and Myungsoo's father left, leaving him shaking in anger.

 

"At least your father doesn't settle down with any of them and make your whole life a living hell." Yeseul said.

She offered her hand and said, "Lee Yeseul."

"Kim Myungsoo." Myungsoo shook her hand.

"Look, whatever you saw earlier just..."

"Ignore it? Don't worry I know how it feels like, I won't betray your family secret, we're kinda on the same boat you know." Yeseul smirked while sipping her champagne.

"If I'm not wrong you're the Lee Yeseul? Hyewi Group?"

"Bingo."

"So family drama too huh?"

"Long story short, my dad cheated with his ty secretary and married her."

"Heol. Yeseul ssi I think we're gonna be really really good friends."

 

And true enough, Myungsoo and Yeseul became the best of friends - the power friendship forged between the rich.

 

 

 

It was the annual board meeting to discuss about the admin matters of the company and also the planning of the upcoming events.

"I'm going start with a new hotel project in Hongdae. For this project can Manager Im give me a report on a suitable area? And also Manager Kim, I want a report on the advertising strategies. Both reports in by the following day. That's all, you're dismissed." Yeseul said.

 

 

"Director Lee, Jeguk Group invited you to their company's anniversary dinner."

"Ask my brother to attend instead."

"He insists on your attendance director."

Yeseul sighed, "But he's the chairman."

"You're not escaping from this Lee Yeseul." Chanyeol interrupted.

"Oppa! You know how much I hate socialites parties."

"And the word 'Oppa' comes out, you're the director of Hyewi Group now, you'll need to build connections, besides you need more friends. You can't always cling on to Myungsoo, Sehun and Kai."

"Oh I can."

"No excuses, you're going and that's final."

"Chairman please."

"What happened to Oppa?"

"It disappeared the moment you insisted on my attendance, now you're just Chanyeol."

"Heol."

 

 

"Hey miss, may I get you a drink?" It was the third time a guy approached Yeseul at her table.

"Dude you've got a lot of courage to come up to our table." Sehun teased.

"Sorry, I still have a glass here." Yeseul replied.

"In other words, she's asking you to shoo." Kai added.

The guy then left in embarrassment.

"Everybody except for the last 3 guys, clearly knows that nobody can approach us but they tried to cross the boundaries." Myungsoo said.

"Speaking of which, Seul you missed out a lot when you were away from Korea. Our Jong In almost got engaged." Sehun said.

"Heol. Not bad Kai, who's the unlucky girl?"

"It was some chaebol girl my mum forced on me, my inheritance was at stake."

"You must've done something to break off the engagement. Whatever it is, I'm not interested."

"Freaking ice cube."

"I heard that Kim Jong In."

"And we made a new addition to our 'exclusive clique' "

"Can you stop with the cliques, it makes us sound like freaks."

Let me introduce to you the power clique or the 'chaebol clique'. Oh Sehun, the heir of Jeguk Group. Kim Jong In or Kai, the youngest son of Kim Corporations - the biggest broadcast company in Korea, and there's Myungsoo and Yeseul. The 4 of them are known to all, approachable to none. They basically own the whole Korea in their own hands and Yeseul is like their younger sister, people will have to go through the big 3 or is it the big 4, with one new member added into their clique.

 

 

"Ya, I'll be going to the restroom first. Enjoy socialising." Yeseul smirked.

"Lee Yeseul?"

She turned and saw Jong Hyun is his Feragamo Suit looking at her in shock.

"Well, well isn't this the guy with manners."

"Oh please put that behind us." Jong Hyun laughed.

"What are you doing here?" Yeseul asked.

"I was invited, you?"

"Same."

Just then, she saw Soo Hyuk entering the venue with his partner, probably another young model.

She immediately turned away, trying to avoid acontact with him.

"Yeseul ssi, what's wrong?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Nothing, I'm just not feeling well."

 

 

"Seul?"

"Soo Hyuk." Yeseul greeted, mentally wincing.

"So the rumours were true, you're back in Korea. How are you?"

"I'm good, really." Yeseul said.

Jong Hyun could sense that Yeseul was becoming strangely restless and realised she was uncomfortable with Soo Hyuk.

"Oppa, who is she?" the model beside Soo Hyuk asked.

"Oh Yeseul this is Hyemi, Hyemi this is Yeseul, my.."

"Friend. Just an old friend." Yeseul said quickly.

"Good, you should know your place then." Hyemi said.

"Hyemi ah." Soo Hyuk warned.

"Yeseul ssi, mind taking a walk with me?" Jong Hyun asked and offered his arm.

"Alright let's go, Soo Hyuk see you around soon."

"We haven't seen each other in ages, and you're just going to leave?" Soo Hyuk stopped Yeseul.

"You were the one who left first Lee Soo Hyuk." Yeseul said and then left with Jong Hyun.

Jong Hyun glared at Soo Hyuk before grabbing Yeseul's hand.

 

 

"Yeseul ssi, are you okay?" Jong Hyun asked.

Yeseul nodded and said, "Thanks for saving me."

"You're welcome."

"Sorry, I'm not ready to explain myself about the awkward situation from before."

"It's fine, we all have secrets."

"By the way, Yeseul ssi sounds so awkward, just call me Yeseul or Seul. We're friends now right?"

"Friends." Jong Hyun smiled.

"Ah, I see you've met our new member." Sehun said slinging his arms around Jong Hyun's shoulder.

Myungsoo put his arm over Yeseul's shoulder and said, "This is Lee Yeseul, our one and only girl. Hyung, it's time to meet our ice princess."

"So he is the new 'clique member' y'all recruited?" Yeseul laughed.

"Jong Hyun ssi, welcome to our world."

"Just Jong will do." Jong Hyun smiled.

"I got a feeling the both of them will get along just fine. Our ice prince and ice princess." Kai said.