Chapter 14

Love Is For The Weak

Fast forward to three years, Jong Hyun and Yeseul has been dating for three years, and they finally decided to get engagged.

It was a huge business success between both Samsung and Hyewi Group, and also a big deal in both Jong Hyun and Yeseul's life.

They were both ready to take a step forward.

Jong Hyun limited his contact with Hyera, and the 'Power Clique' is still as bonded as ever.

Hyewi Group was successfully expanding under the leadership of Chanyeol and Yeseul, everything was good, for now.

 

 

"Have you picked your engagement dress?" Kai asked.

"What about the engagement ring?" Sehun asked.

"The venue?" Myungsoo asked.

"Oh god, give me a break. I'll get it settled, so just look good and come to the party." Yeseul said.

"Pretty girls? Will there pretty girls? I need to find a girlfriend too." Sehun asked.

Kai smacked his head while Yeseul just threw a straw at him.

"Get your together Oh Sehun." Myungsoo said.

 

 

"Finally, it's just the two of us again." Jong Hyun said why locking hands with Yeseul. They were taking a stroll along the Hangang River, admiring the night scenary.

"What did your mother say? Did she fuss about the engagement date again?" Yeseul said.

"You know how my mum is, she's always so traditional and picky about those party dates and how it should go."

"I'll just leave the organising to your family then." Yeseul said.

"What about your dad? Did he say anything." 

"Pretty sure he received the invitiation already, the company stocks are increasing in value, he should be happy about it."

"Very soon, you'll be my fiancee, how do you feel about it soon-to-be Mrs. Hong."

"I feel old already." Yeseul frowned.

Jong Hyun planted a kiss on her lips and said, "I'll make sure you will be the luckiest woman in the whole world."

"Oh really?"

"With a handsome and rich soon-to-be husband, you'lll have nothing to lose."

"If you say so." Yeseul clucked her tongue playfully while sipping on her iced latte.

"Lee Yeseul!"

"Oops." 

 

 

 

"Flowers should be placed here."

"Make sure the decorations arrive on time."

"The food catering, are they here already?"

Yeseul was busy ensuring that her engagement party would be perfect.

"Mrs. Hong!" Myungsoo called out teasingly.

"Somebody looking crisp in his suit and nicely styled hair." Yeseul teased.

"Just let Minri take charge of this, and go and get dress. The party is starting in 2 hours."

Kai slinged his arm around Yeseul's shoulder, "Our baby girl is finally getting engaged to one of us huh?"

"Rest assured, Jong Hyun would treat you well. Don't worry, if anything we'll go and kick his ."

 

 

Meanwhile, in one of the fancily decorated waiting room. Jong Hyun was getting ready, nervous about the party. Facing a few hundreds of powerful people with status and announcing their engagement plans is definitely not an easy feat.

Suddenly, his phone rang.

"Hello?" Jong Hyun answered.

"Oppa. I need your help." Hyera said desperately.

"What's wrong, look Hyera, my engagement party is going to start soon. I can't..."

"Listen, my grandmother is going to die soon. And I need your help, she still thinks that we are still together and her dying wish is to see us both together before she goes away."

"But I.."

"Please Jong Hyun, you know how much she means to me. Just this once, and you can go back to Yeseul's side. I know your engagement party is important but please, come to the hospital and help me fufil her dying wish."

Jong Hyun paused, and gave a deep thought about it.

"What's the name of the hospital? Just this once Hyera."

 

 

 

"How do I look?" Yeseul asked Chanyeol.

"You look stunning little sis."

"Do you think Jong Hyun would like it?"

"Of course! You're his angel, if he doesn't, I'll go and kick his ."

Yeseu let out a hearty laughter, today marks a new beginning for her, and she's going to make sure nobody ruins it for her.

"It's 15 minutes till the party starts, aren't you nervous?"

"I certainly am."

Yeseul took a peek outside and saw the distinguished guests who came to their engagement party socializing.

She looked around the whole ballroom but couldn't find the one she was looking for, Jong Hyun.

"Congratulations on your wedding Yeseul." The finance minister's wife congratulated her.

She returned her greetings and politely excused herself to find her friends.

 

"Hey, did any of you see Jong Hyun?" Yeseul asked.

"I thought he went to your waiting room? No?" Kai said.

"Or maybe he's at the toilet pooping, nervous breakdown." Sehun joked, earning a smack from Myungsoo.

"Try giving him a call, he might be outside greeting his guests." 

Yeseul dialed his number the 10th time, but her call was rejected.

The party is starting soon, and Jong Hyun was nowhere to be found.

 

 

"I'm sorry Jong Hyun." Hyera said as she waited for him anxiously outside her grandmother's ward.

"How is she?"

"She don't have much time left."

"Alright let's go and fufil your grandmother's dying wish." Jong Hyun nodded while staring at his watch.

 

"Halmeoni, I'm here with Jong Hyun. You remember him?" Hyera said while grasping her grandmother's frail hands, as she was struggling to breathe and talk.

"Ah..have the both of you...settled a date to get married."

"We're getting married next month Halmeoni." Jong Hyun said.

"Treat Hyera well, always, even after I leave this world."

"Halmeoni, don't say that!!" Hyera cried.

"You'll always be my precious grand daughter, now I can rest in peace seeing how you have somebody to take care of you.."

After the last few words she uttered out, her grandmother suddenly blanked out, with her hands and body becoming limp.

The hospital machine alerted the doctors and nurses, with Hyera crying hysterically on Jong Hyun shoulders.

"Patient Kang Miran, pronounced dead at 22 Decemeber 2016. Ms. Kang I'm sorry for your lost." The doctor said.

Jong Hyun patted Hyera's back to comfort her, feeling bad for her.

 

 

Meanwhile, the host for the party was already introducing her family members, and it was almost time for Yeseul and Jong Hyun to go up to the stage and officially annouce their engagement.

The reporters were busy taking photos, and Hyera eyes were wandering around the ballroom frantically looking for Jong Hyun, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Secretary Im, have you found Jong Hyun?" Yeseul asked Jong Hyun's secretary.

"Sorry Ma'am, sir is nowhere to be found but.."

"But?"

"I..I don't know whether I should say this." 

"Say itThe party is about to start and I want to know where he is. He isn't the type to just run from parties like this."

"He received a call from Ms. Hyera and rushed off the party venue afterwards."

Yeseul dropped the glass of champagne from her hands.

Her friends rushed over quickly.

"What's wrong? Are you okay Yeseul?" Myungsoo asked worriedly after seeing Yeseul's expression on her face.

"Jong Hyun left the party for Hyera, the engagement party shall be called off." Yeseul said in a firm tone.

"Are you kidding me?" Sehun said, shocked.

"Let's call hyung again, maybe it's just a misunderstanding." Kai said.

Yeseul was ready to stepped up to the stage to call off the party untill Myungsoo held her back, "Are you sure about this?"

Yeseul gave him a weak smile and said, "Yes." before proceeding on to the stage.

 

 

"Sorry to interrupt, but the engagement has been called off due to personal reasons. I sincerely apologise to all of the guests who have specially came to witness this event. For now please enjoy the food catered before leaving. Once again, I am so sorry for all of the trouble caused, and thanks for coming." Yeseul put on a brave front and apologised to everybody before leaving the stage.

The reporters immediately crowded after her and her bodyguards immediately pushed them away, ushering her to the waiitng room where all her family members and friends are.

 

 

*Slap*

"Appa!" Chanyeol exclaimed before checking if Yeseul was okay.

"You are a disgrace to our family." Mr. Lee said before leaving with his wife.

"I'll go and talk to him." Chanyeol assured Yeseul.

"Whatever." 

Yeseul fell to the ground and started crying, with her friends comforting her.

"Are you okay Lee Yeseul?" Myungsoo asked.

Sehun hugged her and said, "It's okay Yeseul, we still love you the same."

"You are still the gorgeous Yeseul we knew since we were 7."

"I'm going kill him." Myungsoo said with a death look before being held back by Kai.

"Hyung must have his reasons."

"Yeah, and he didn't even answer his damn phone." Myungsoo said.

Yeseul wiped her tears and calmly took out her phone before dialling her secretary number.

"Minri, help me track down Jong Hyun's whereabouts."