Chapter 1

Love Is For The Weak

"Miss, would you like to have more wine?" The air stewardess asked the professional yet classy lady seated in the first class cabin politely.

"Yes please." Yeseul replied, handing the glass to her while the air stewardess admired her well manicured nails.

"Good afternoon passengers, this is your captain speaking. KR2390 has landed in Korea at 1800 and the temperature outside is now 14 degree celcius. Thank you for flying with Korea Air and we hope to see you again."

Yeseul shut her MacBook and put it in her Gucci backpack, "I'm home." and let out a slight smirk.

 

 

When she stepped out of the departure gate with her backpack, she was greeted by six bodyguards and her handsome brother.

"Annyeong sister." Chanyeol slung his hand casually over Yeseul's shoulder, "How does it feel like being back in Korea? Look at the welcome present abeoji prepared." pointing at the bodyguards.

"Well, that's a little...too much." Yeseul shrugged while typing away on her phone.

"Heol, still as cold as ever. Is your phone more important than your handsome oppa?"

"Hmm"

"That brat" Chanyeol muttered.

"Your sister is..pretty cold and hot." Chanyeol secretary commented.

"Hot and cold to be exact, and stop checking my sister out or I'll have you fired."

Chanyeol threatened while looking at the backview of his sister, who was making her way to the Rolls Royce car prepared for her with a sigh.

 

Yeseul entered the car surprised that there was a lady seated beside the chauffeur.

"Let me formally introuduce myself, I'm Choi Minri, your new personal secretary. It's such an honour to be your secretary Ms Lee." The lady offered a friendly handshake but Yeseul simply nodded and said, "Drop me off at the company first and I'll be going up to my office to familiarise myself with the work environment."

"Yes Ma'am" The secretary answered, secretly wishing that her boss wasn't so cold.

"Oh and get those guards away from me, I won't be needing them for now." Yeseul said without looking up from her iPad, browsing through the business news.

"Absolutely." and her secretary started typing away frantically on her phone, making urgent calls.

 

Yeseul took off her sunglasses before stepping out of the car allowing people to awe at her huge dark brown orbs which her brothers own. People from the highest management waited for her at the entrance and personally came down to greet her. Female staff members were envious of how good looking she can be even in her airplane attire - Plain black shirt with a denim jacket paired with high waisted jeggings.

"About my new office, is it designed according to the designed I sent?" Yeseul asked the manager.

"Definitely Ms Lee. It's on the 16th floor."

"I'll go up and take a look, and get the department heads to meet me in my office in 5 minutes time."

"5 minutes?! But erm, it's currently their lunch break." The manager replied.

Yeseul shot him a glare and said, "5 minutes."

"Yes Ma'am." and he scurried off to inform his subordinates.

 

Yeseul sipped from her cup of coffee that was specially ordered from France and twisted her Mont Blanc. pen around her fingers out of habit while reviewing the profile of the department heads and also the sales statistics.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in." Yeseul said.

The department heads straightened themselves, wiping the sweat off their forehead which they got from rushing to her office.

"Introduce yourself." Yeseul said.

After the department heads introduced themselves, Yeseul said, "I'm Lee Yeseul, the new assistant director of Hyewi Group. I want all of you to give me a reason why the profits dropped as compared to last month's."

The department heads looked at each other, caught surprised by her question.

The marketing head said, "Our hotel spokesman demanded quite a huge sum for his contract this time. So...."

"Then why didn't you change the spokesman?"

"But...but he's really popular among Koreans recently, and we believe with his face of our hotel the revenue will increase." The project head added in.

"Cancel his contract and find another one then." Yeseul said.

"What?!" The department heads exclaimed in shock.

"Do I need to repeat myself again?"

"No Ma'am."

"Good. We'll discuss the details again tomorrow when I officially start work. I'll take my leave first." She stood up and exited her office with her secretary following her behind.

The department heads gave each other an "oh-" look. Well, their boss sure is tough.