Change

A Sin

It'd been a month since you married to Myungsoo. After both of you going to honeymoon in Bali, now you've to back to your work.

"Do you want to have lunch together?" Myungsoo asked before letting you out.

"Alright, let's meet at usual restaurant," Myungsoo nodded while you went out of his car. You waved before Myungsoo lost in the crowded street. You went into your office but before you could open the door, someone tapped your back. "Hoya Oppa.."

"Annyeong, long time not see you around," he smiled at you.

"Are you kidding, Oppa? I always stay here anytime, but it just you who went to Japan without tell me nothing. You know that I really want to have a Sakura lantern.." you pouted. Hoya laughed and pinched your cheeks. "I still can't understand why you really want to have it," Hoya said. "Are you going to participate on lantern festival later? Kekeke.." Hoya laughed at you once again.

"Ah—molla! You ruin my time Oppa," you went into your office and were surprised to find Woohyun was waiting for you. "Look, Oppa make Woohyun oppa wait for me a little too long," you said. You gave him an apologetic smile then sat on a leather couch.

"Here, this is a document that you requested before," Woohyun handed you it and glanced to Hoya who was looking around your office. "I got it from Jang Dongwoo, he said that area of Paju would be nice if we could make it into a café or bookstore."

"Is he still at Busan?" you asked and Woohyun just nodded. "Sorry to burden you, Oppa. Actually you're not necessary to deliver it by yourself."

"Nah, no need to be reluctant, Hyo. I bring it to you because I've to meet my high school friend too," Woohyun said and took his cell phone. "Wait a minute."

You just stayed while looking at Hoya who now was reading a book of yours. You just stared without noticed his expression. Hoya glanced at you and took something that he found.

"Hyo, what is this?" he gave you a puzzled look. He raised a photo and you looked at him startled. It can't be that photo, you mumbled in fear. "Hyo, why you have Woo—"

"It isn't like what you think, Oppa!" you cut his words.

"Explain it to me," he ordered you with astonished tone.

"I-I.." you couldn't think any logical reason to tell him and you couldn't just say, "Because I'm madly in love with a guy name Nam Woohyun."

"Hyo..do you...love him?" Hoya whispered the last 2 words, you didn't answer but you deep gazing him. "Hyo, you know you can't be like that, right?" Hoya increased his voice. "How could you..since when?" he tried to calm down himself.

Still, you couldn't say anything but kept quiet. Hoya held both of your shoulders tightly, he just focused himself on you. He's angry, he felt disappointed, but he did know he couldn't nag at you. It wouldn't settle anything.

"Tell me, Hyo! Tell me the truth!" Hoya's voice surprised you. Then Woohyun went back into your office and looked at both of you confusedly. "What you guys are doing?" he asked but Hoya even gave him a blame look.

"Woohyun-ah, can you come back later? I still have something to talk with her," Hoya's face hardened. It just a brother attitude.

"O—kay, see you later then," and Woohyun just left the room.

You avoided to eye-contact with him but Hoya held you even tighter. “Look at me,” he said. “Tell me anything, just please don’t be mute like this. You make me have such a bad thinking of you..” you couldn’t say anything but cried. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, you thought. His grip loosed when he saw you’re crying. “Uljima..” he said softly and wiped your tears.

“Oppa..mianhaeyo.”

“Just please tell me, what’s your feeling for Woohyun?” he asked again for the last time.

“I..love him, since we’re just a child. I always love him..” you finally answered while sobbing.

“But you do know that both of you are cousin right? You can’t love your cousin.”

“Yes, I really know it Oppa. I’m serious but I don’t know what to do right now,” you said.

“Perhaps, married to Myungsoo is the best choice for you,” Hoya told you and gave you a warm smile. “You’d promised me that you’ll learn to love Myungsoo, why don’t you start it just now? You even had married to him and you’re his wife.”

“I’ve already thinking of it several times and yes, I’ll do as your advice. Thank you Oppa, jeongmal gamsahamnida..” you thanked him and hugged him. You missed teddy bear hug from Hoya. His warm smile, his soft gaze, his warm body when you hugged him. You always miss your oppa like you’d never see him anymore later. You felt that you never want to lose him, he’s your one and only oppa beside Woohyun who was your cousin.

“Promise me that you’ll learn to love Myungsoo and try to lose your feeling for Woohyun, ara?” Hoya asked while you just nodded.

∞∞∞

Minhyun had waited for Woohyun in the Starbuck’s Coffee almost 15 minutes but she’d not seen him anywhere. Minhyun tried to call him but it exchanged to voice mailbox. Where is he? Minhyun thought impatient. He’d to be here since a quarter before, Minhyun sighed.

“I’m coming late, sorry,” Woohyun sat in front of Minhyun and gave her an apologetic eyes. “What do you want to talk with?” he asked exchanged the topic.

“Well, I’m planning for visiting your hometown next week, I’m on my work duty and I need your help to tell me where is the interesting place in Chungcheong. Would you mind to help me?” she asked to the point.

“Where will you stay?” Woohyun asked.

“In a hotel maybe, or do you have any suggest for me to stay?” she answered and drank her coffee.

“How long?” Woohyun took the menu and ordered a cappuccino. She pointed him his hi-five. “Why don’t you just stay in my place? My apartment I mean, or in my parent house? We’re friend at all, I think they’ll okay if you stay just for a few days.”

“That won’t bother your parent? It just..I haven’t meet your parent before,” Minhyun want to refuse but Woohyun quickly said, “Then you want to stay in my apartment? I’ll be okay if you don’t mind to live with a guy like me..” he gave her a smile.

“I’ll be fine, it’s been a long time since I tasted your handmade dishes. Your cooking skill must be improved a lot, right?” she said and Woohyun just laughed. “Oh wait a minute,” Minhyun took her cell phone that suddenly vibrated. “Yeobosaeyo? L? You want to pick me up?” Minhyun glanced at Woohyun who was looking at her. “I’m in Starbuck’s Coffee with my high school friend. I’ll wait then.”

“Your boyfriend?” Woohyun asked. Minhyun just smiled. “Well, our conversation just end up like this?” Woohyun said.

“Then you’ve something to tell me?” she asked, but Woohyun just shook his head. “Ah there he is, come on. You’ll back to your work right?” Woohyun nodded and followed Minhyun out of that coffee shop. He’s looking at a car that parked near to them, seems that Woohyun’d seen that car somewhere.

A guy who had this car went out of his car to greet Minhyun and Woohyun, but unfortunately he shouldn’t do that.

“L, this is my high school friend Nam Woohyun. Woohyun-ah, this is my boyfriend Kim Myungsoo or I always call him as L,” Minhyun who knew nothing just made both of them to greet each other but actually Woohyun’d gave Myungsoo a death glare while Myungsoo gave him a puzzled shock look.

“What the hell is it,” Myungsoo mumbled to himself.

--

Finally updated! Hohoho.. So, Myeong and Woo had met in this chapter. I’m wandering what will gonna happen next, don’t you guys feel the same? Hehehe.. Do subscribe and comment as well, bear with my typos. Gamsahamnida!

© Diantika Shinyunyun, 2012.