Fell Down

A Sin

"Appa, our employers have heard that our company is going to be bankrupt soon," you reported when you're in your dad office along with Hoya. "What we gonna do now? They'd ask for their fees later soon," you added.

You looked at your father's serious look, then turned to Hoya who looked the same.

"What could we do?" you asked once again.

"Hoya, we still have some stocks right? Can't we sell it to anyone?" your father asked.

"I'm afraid they wouldn't be interested with it since they've heard that our company start to fall down in business."

"Are you sure? How did they know?" your father was surprised and so did you. "Then what's the best way to save our employers and company?" your father looked frustrated. He never imagined that his company would end up soon like this.

"Appa, can't we just tell Hyowon's father-in-law and ask him to help us?" Hoya found an idea but as soon as you heard it, you wanted to reject but your father cut your words first.

"No, we can't," your father glanced at you. "I don't really think that would be great," he reasoned.

"What about asking for Woohyun's help?" you suddenly spoke. Hoya glared at you and you just glared him back. "Woohyun's family are our closest relation, can't we just tell them and ask for their help?" you continued.

Your father looked deep in thought then nodded. Seemed your idea wasn't that bad for him.

"Well, you can tell Woohyun then while I'll meet Woohyun's father by myself," your father said. You smiled in relieved and glanced at Hoya, he gave you a dejected glared.

You're walking out of your father's office while Hoya followed you behind. He still quiet until you reached your own office.

"Hyo," he called. You turned to face him who still looked annoyed. "I don't like the way you include Woohyun's family into our problem."

You didn't answer but locked your gaze with him. "Well actually, it annoys me," he finally told you the truth.

"What are you talking about, Oppa? You mean that you don't believe that I can help this company by myself?" you said, hurt by his words.

"No! I don't mean that!" Hoya quickly replied. "It just, I feel like a fool who can't really help anything!" he exclaimed.

"Oppa!" you're surprised by his words. "How can you be so childish in front of me!?" you shouted. And after saying that, you rushed entered your office.

You felt your blood pressure increased, but then tried to calm down yourself.

You took your iPhone and dialed Woohyun's number.

"Yeobosaeyo. Oppa, we need to talk," you said when he answered your call.

Myungsoo walked into an alley to find Minhyun's house. He needed to meet her but noticed that her house was quiet like nobody stayed at home.

When Myungsoo saw an old woman passed him, he quickly called, "Ajumeoni!" and the old woman stopped. She turned to face a handsome guy who was Myungsoo, she smiled and said, "What can I do for you, Youngman?"

Myungsoo gave her a warm smile before asking, "Ahjumma, do you know where is the owner of this house?"

"You're looking for Minhyun?" Myungsoo nodded. "Yesterday, she came to me and told that she'd leave for Paris."

"Pa-Paris?" Myungsoo looked surprised. "Do you know whether she will stay there or not?" he asked.

"She will. She said that it's for her job."

Myungsoo couldn't ask furthermore, even to thank the woman, he couldn't. Then he felt his phone vibrated. He took it from his pocket and opened the new message.

"Myeong, I'm going to Japan right now. I've to meet Woohyun oppa. Permit me, because it's for bussiness. —Hyo"

"What business, uh? ," cursed Myungsoo angrily.

"Sajangnim, Mr. Jang is here to meet you," Niel said while entered the room. "Let him come in," sajangnim said.

Niel nodded and went to meet Mr. Jang, then no longer back along with Dongwoo.

"What's going on?" sajangnim asked to the point.

"Your son and I have met, he asked for your plan," Dongwoo answered.

"And you told him?" Dongwoo quickly shook his head. "Of course not, and he let me go easily," he said.

"Then what's the problem?" sajangnim asked.

"I've done everything for you. Soon, you'd be able to manage all over their stocks and company."

"Good job," sajangnim happily said.

"Sajangnim.." Dongwoo spoke quietly. "You know that I've finished your order, then...can I stop from now? I don't wanna do this anymore," he continued.

Sajangnim looked really serious.

"Please, Sajangnim.." he pleaded.

"But I can't guarantee that you'll easily save or I'll prison you as well if they find out this," sajangnim smirked wickedly.

"Algesseumnida," Dongwoo replied and just left the room. Made the sajangnim looked at his traces speechless. "I thought he won't be that easy to accept," sajangnim said after a few minutes of silence.

Woohyun was waiting for you who had called him to meet. He looked at his wristwatch, you're ten minutes late than the schedule.

"Woohyun Oppa!" you called after coming out from immigration office. "Sorry I'm late," you apologized.

"Gwaenchanha," he replied. "Well, where we're going to go now?" he asked.

"Can we have lunch and talk after it?" you answered.

"Okay, to the restaurant then," Woohyun said and pulling your bag with him. You followed his steps into the parking lot.

When both of you finally entered the car, he started the car engine and driving out of the Narita International Airport. On the way to the restaurant, both of you just kept silent. Nobody wanted to start the conversation, and you just sightseeing through the window. It's raining suddenly, you never like rain because somehow it made your feeling down.

"What's that expression for?" Woohyun finally broke the silence and was turning his face at you. The traffic light was red.

"Nan biga sirheo," I hate rain, you said.

"Wae?" why, he asked.

"I don't know," you replied. Then both of you kept quiet once again.

"Hyo.." Woohyun spoke up. "How have you and Myungsoo been together?" he asked.

"We're fine. Closer than before," you shyly smiled.

"Good to hear that," he said. "I thought you went to Japan to inform me something important..."

"I do. It's about my company, we need your help, Oppa."

Woohyun stared at you then said, "What's going on?"

"Long story."

"Make it short," he replied.

"Appa's company is bankrupt, soon we'll fire the employers but we lack of money because someone block our account in bank. I think that you and your father perhaps can help us..." you explained.

"Your company have many employers, how can we give their fees? How much money should I borrow for you?" Woohyun asked.

"You mean that you can't help?" you said sadly.

"No, it wasn't like that. I mean, I can't give you all my money because I need it too, for my employers," he said.

"You're right."

Paris, Charles de Gaulle Airport

No Minhyun walked out of the airport and took a taxi which could accompany her to her new house. Her new publisher in Paris had settled everything for her since she’s their exclusive journalist for that publisher.

“Bonjour, Madame. Where do you want to go?” the taxi driver asked politely.

“5 Rue de Navarre 75005,” Minhyun answered looking at a piece of paper that had written her new apartment location. Minhyun turned her face away, looking at the new scene she never seen before. It’s her first time going to Paris, even alone.

She felt her phone vibrated.

Minhyun-sshi, it’s me Kim Hyowon. I need your help, please.

Can we meet?

Minhyun sighed after reading the new message that was sent from you. She’s in Paris to start her new life but how came a woman like you wanted to ruin her life once again? That’s enough for her.

‘You’ve took Myungsoo with you, even you’d made Woohyun can’t realize that I like him since before. How dare you ask for my help, uh?’ Minhyun concealed.

Forget it. I will never help you.

You’d landed in Gimpo. You almost tired to death but you still couldn’t talk with Myungsoo. You needed him to help you just now, but he didn’t answer your call even rejected it.

You called for the taxi and went home by yourself.

You saw your phone screen and was really confused. No Minhyun refused to help you, even Nam Woohyun—your cousin couldn’t help you with the money. You just wanted to be at home quickly, took a rest and forget about your problems just a while.

But unfortunately, you never know that you’d face another problem later soon.

--

© Diantika Shinyunyun, 2012