Chapter 2

MoonLight City

Chapter 2

After five years of looking for Gui Gui, Chun and Angela finally found her. They saw her working at the orphanage. At first they didn't recognized her, but they asked the receptionist for her name. When the receptionist told them who she was, they did a background check on her and found her grandpa's phone number. They called her grandpa and got a hold of Gui's cell number.

[Five years later...at a cafe]

(Note: Ch-Chun, AZ-Angela, A-Aaron, C-Calvin, G-Gui, SJ-Su Jin)

CH:Gui, I believe that you are doing well.

G:I have. Chun, how is...Aaron doing?

Ch:Well, after you disappear, his smile disappeared too. Gui, he has not been his usual self since you left. He's cold towards everyone and he refuse to date. Gui, I want you to bring back his smile.

AZ:Gui, why did you take the money?

G:I...I had no choice. Su Jin needs that transplant. Calvin was in the states, and Aaron was in the hospital. I had to take the money. I had to save her.

AZ:Gui, I did a background check on you, and you are from a wealthy family.

G:You did a background check on me?

CH:Yeah, when we were looking for you. Why did you pretend to be poor?

G:Well, I am.

AZ:No, you're not. You are from one of the richest family in the country.

G:Well...my parents died when I was 4, and my uncle hated me because I was a girl. He treated me with disrespect. Calvin couldn't stand the mistreatment, so we ran away. My grandpa was looking for us, so we went to stay with my friend and opened a flower shop. Soon after my 18th birthday, Calvin got married. So, when your father called me and ask me to leave Aaron, I had no choice, but to leave him. You see, at that time, my sister in law had just died, Aaron was hurt, and Calvin had to leave. My grandpa, after so many years of searching, finally found us and ask Calvin to return to the States with him. So...I was left to take care of the things that were happening here. When your father offered me the money, I had to take it. My sister in law had just died, and now Su Jin was going to leave Calvin too, so I took the money and left. So many times before, I wanted to call and tell Aaron, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Soon after the transplant, my grandpa returned from the States and took me to live with him.

AZ:Ah! So that's how it is.

CH:Where's Calvin?

G:Calvin? Well...he died.

CH:He what?

G:(tears welled up in eyes) He died. When he was returning from the States two months ago, the plane crashed and he died. (try to hold back the tears) Leaving me with his daughter.

AZ:I see. (trying hard not to cry)

G:So...now, there's only Su Jin and I left.

CH:Where's your grandpa?

G:He's in the states right now. He won't be back until next month.

After having coffee with Chun and Angela, Gui went home. Su Jin was with her nanny, so Gui went up to her room to study. She was finishing her last year at Sheng Ying University. She has gone through a lot over the years. When Chun and Angela called her, she was reluctant to meet them, but her best friend, Ya Tou, told her to go and meet them.