Chapter 3

MoonLight City

Chapter 3

Aaron's father had past away a year after Gui disappeared. After everything he had gone through, he refused to date and loved anyone. His hatred for Gui Gui grew as the years went by. He blamed Gui for his father's death and his broken heart.

Aaron did not know that Chun and Angela had been looking for Gui. Little did he know, that Gui was always by his side. Every year, she would send him a birthday present. No one knew that Gui was the one who was sending him presents, he had always thought that it was girls who wanted his money.

As he was walking down the stairs for breakfast, he noticed that Chun and Angela were not home.

A:Xiao Li, where did Ge and Angela go?

Xiao Li:They said that they had to meet someone by the name of Chen Ying Jie (Gui Gui's real name).

A:Chen Ying Jie?

Gui never told him that her real name was Ying Jie, so he didn't know that his brother was meeting her.

A:Is she a new partner?

Xiao Li:I don't know.

A:How long have they been gone? (took a bite of his scrambled eggs)

Xiao Li:Since this morning.

As they were talking, Chun and Angela walked in.

CH:We're home! (smiles and walk to sit across from Aaron)

AZ:Ah, Aaron, I see that you're awake. (followed Chun to the table and sat next to him)

A:I just got up. (taking another bite) Where did you two go?

CH:We went to meet Ms. Chen Ying Jie. (smirks)

A:Is she our new partner?

CH:No, she is an old friend that went missing five years ago. (smiles)

A:Really? Is she a friend of Angela's?

AZ:No, she is a friend of ours. She disappeared a year before dad died.

CH:We have been searching for her. Not that long ago, we got a hold of her number and called her out for coffee.

A:Oh, I see. (still eating his breakfast)

AZ:Yeah, we asked her if she wanted to meet you too, but she turned down the offer. (looks at Chun, then smiled at Aaron)

A:She knows me? (surprised)

CH:Of course she knows you. (smile mysteriously)

A:Really? What's her name again? (still shock)

AZ:Chen Ying Jie.

A:Chen Ying Jie? Her name does not ring the bell. (confused)

CH:Don't worry, Aaron. You will eventually meet her. She works for us in the Baby Bear section of the mall.

A:She works for us?

CH:No, I was just joking. She works in an orphanage, but you two will eventually meet each other. No matter how hard she tries to hide, you two will meet. (smiles at Aaron)

A:Ge, how come I don't remember that name? (still confuse)

CH: (with a smirk) Don't worry about it. When you see her, you will know who she is.