Chapter 16

MoonLight City

 

Two months later, Gui left for the States. She needed to take her inheritance test. She left Su Jin with Ya Tou. Her grandfather was the only one we went with her. Aaron wanted to go with her too, but he still had to work, so Gui made him stay behind.

Everyday that Gui was gone, the days felt longer for Aaron. He had missed her so much, but he knew that she wouldn't want him to worry about her. So when she was gone, he kept himself busy. He would visit Su Jin at Ya Tou's house. He always talk about Gui, and when she would call, he would talk to her for hours.

He knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. So, before her return, he had asked Ya Tou and Angela to help him pick out a ring. He was going to propose to Gui when she return. He also ask Chun, Jiro and Danson to help him pick a place for the proposal. He was so excited. He wanted to give her a surprise. They have been through so much, and he wanted Gui to be his number one woman. He wanted to share some of her burdens. He wanted to be the one she can count on and the one she can go to for help.

Upon her arrival, Gui was expecting to see Aaron at the airport with Su Jin and Ya Tou, but when she came out of the terminal she only saw Ya Tou and Danson waiting for her and her grandfather. She ran up to them and hugged them. She was so happy to see them. She told them of the good news, and asked them where Aaron and Su Jin were. They didn't want to ruin the surprise, so they just dragged her out of the airport.

Her grandfather, however, already knew about the surprise, so he called his personal driver to pick him up. Gui left with Ya Tou and Danson. They dropped her off at the mall, where she met up with Angela and Ke Rui. They took her shopping for a dress and jewelry. After meeting with them, Ya Tou and Danson picked her up.

She didn't know what they were doing, but she was getting suspicious. Every time she mentions Aaron, they would just stare at each other and ask her a question.

Danson and Ya Tou dropped her off at Aaron's house, where Chun met up with her. He told her to get in his car. She hesitated at first, but he had convince her that he was taking her to Aaron and Su Jin. She got in and Chun dropped her off at a small street shop. She didn't know why Chun was dropping her off there, but she trusted him. As she was getting out, Chun handed her a piece of paper. He told her to follow the directions on the paper, and she will find Aaron and Gui.

Two minutes later, she came upon a beautiful scenery. She saw a table with candles. She walked up to the table and saw a note. She read the note.

note:
Gui, you are the angel in my life. I would not know what to do if you were never part of me. You complete me and I love you so much. Thank you for being there for me, even though, I was never there for her in the last five years. Gui, I want you to be part of my life. I want you to stay with me forever. I want to be the husband and prince of your dream. I love you.

-Your one and only Aaron-

Tears starts to fall. She had not expecting this from Aaron. She was still crying, when Su Jin walked up to her. She was carrying a bouquet of flowers. Gui didn't noticed her, until Su Jin got closer. Gui ran up to her and hugged her. She handed Gui the flowers and left. There was a note attached to it. Gui took out the note and read it. She looked around her, but she didn't see anything. She read the note once more. She looked up, and this time she saw Aaron walking towards her. She was speechless. He was wearing a tuxedo and he had a ring in his hand.

When he reached her, he got on his knees and proposed to her. Tears starts to fall. She didn't know what to say. She was so speechless. After a few moments of silent, she finally said 'Yes'.

When she said 'yes' everyone started walking out of the dark and applauded. She was so shock to see everyone. They all went into the restaurant and ate dinner together. Jiro and Chun had rented the restaurant so that no one else would disturb their moment.

A month after the surprise proposal, Gui and Aaron got married under the moonlight.