Chapter 14

MoonLight City

 

The next morning, Aaron went to Chen Estate. He was excited the spend the day with her. It was Saturday, and he wanted to surprise with breakfast in bed, and take her to the amusement park. He remembered that she had loved going to the amusement park and getting on the biggest rollercoaster.

He was smiling, during the whole drive there. When he approached her house, his smile got bigger. He was a little nervous, but it was going to worth it in the end. He got to the gate and it opened for him. He drove into the driveway, got out of his car and went up to the main entrance. He was too excited to noticed that none of the maids and servants greeted him. When he finally reached the main entrance, the doors were locked. That's when he noticed that no one was greeting him like usual. He knocked on the door, but no one answered.

He called the house phone, but no one picked up. Something was wrong, but what? Aaron waited for a couple of minutes, before dialing Gui's cell number. He hung up on the eight ring. Now, he was getting worried. He started to have a weird notch inside of him, like something was wrong. It was weird. No one greeted him, no one is answering the phone, and no one is letting him in.

He stayed at the Chen Estate for a few more minutes, before deciding to leave. When he got home, Jiro and Danson were over. They were in the main hall, talking to Angela and Chun. He didn't know what they were talking about, but from their expression, it was something important.

He let them continue talking, since they didn't even noticed him. He went up to his room and tried to call Gui again. Still no answer. He began to get worried. He didn't know if something was wrong or not, but that notch was still in his stomach. He called one of his maid to bring him some medicine.

After a few hours, he tried calling Gui again, but he got the same result as before. He really didn't know what to do anymore, so he decided to call Ya Tou. On the fourth ring, he hung up.

[Aaron's POV]
A:Okay, something must be really wrong. I mean, why isn't anyone picking up the phone. Did something happened to Gui? She was fine yesterday morning. Maybe she went for a walk or something. I'll try again later.
[end]

Around noon, Aaron tried again, but he still got the same results. He was getting scared, and different images came to mind. He knew that he needed to talk to someone or he will burst. He left his room, and went downstairs. Jiro and Danson was still over, but this time, they seem to notice Aaron's appearance.

J:Hey, Aaron. What's with the long face?

A:Well...I wanted to surprise Gui Gui with a date today, but no one was home. I tried calling her, but she's not picking up. I'm getting worried. I've been trying to reach her since this morning. (looks at Chun with a sad face)

CH:Well, maybe she went out or something.

A:That's what I thought too, but what if something happened to her. What if she's hurt or something.

Aaron saw that their expression had changed. He didn't know what they knew, but he had feeling that they were hiding something from him. What was they hiding from him? Angela spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

AZ:Aaron, you are thinking too much. What if she's taking her inheritance exam today? I know that she's been studying for it, so what if that's the case. I'm sure if something was wrong, wouldn't Old Master Chen call us. (trying to sound cherry)

A:I...I guess you're right.

D:Anyways, Aaron, are you busy for the next five weeks?

A:Um...why?

J:Well, we are thinking of sending you on a business trip.

A:What business trip? (confused)

CH:Well, I always goes on the business trip, but I'm way too busy to go this year, so if you're not busy you can go in my place.

A:Well, I still have some documents that I still to sign and go over, but I'll just hand them over to Jiro. So when do I leave?

AZ:You leave in two hours. We were not sure if you were able to go or not, so we didn't book any ticket. You have to take father's private jet.

A:Oh, okay. I'll go get ready. Since I can't reach Gui, can you guys tell her that I'm on a business trip.

All four:Okay, no problem.

Aaron went back to his room and packed his clothes. He didn't know why they decided to let him go on the business trip, but he was excited. He was still a little worried about Gui, but he knew that she can manage without him, meaning that she had done it for 5 years already.

Two hours later, they were walking into the private airport. Aaron got onto the jet and waved goodbye to them. The other four watched as his flight started to leave. They knew that this trip would keep him busy. Gui needed time. She had left for Korea already. Her grandfather had called Chun and told him that he had taken Gui to Korea for her operation. He asked them to keep Aaron away from their place, until Gui gets back, but...there was no saying that she would come back with her vision. This was the only way to prevent Aaron from going to their estate. Sending him away, would give Gui time.

At around 4, Gui and her grandfather arrived to Seoul. Her grandfather's friend, Doctor Kim Jae Won picked them up from the airport. He took them to his office for some examinations. He didn't know how blind Gui was, but he wanted to help an old friend.

Two weeks later, Doctor Kim was able to do the operation. Her results weren't bad, she just burst one of the veins that led to her eyes. But...even though she's having an operation, she would still need to get glasses.

After confirming it with Gui and Old Master Chen, she underwent the surgery. Four days after the surgery, they removed the bandages from her eyes. Her vision wasn't perfect, but she was able to see.

After going through more examinations, she was able to get her glasses. The five weeks went be so fast. Before she knew it, she was heading back to Taiwan.

Aaron was on his way back from the business trip. Throughout the trip, he didn't have time to think about Gui. He was so busy. He had to attend so many meetings everyday. When he's not in a meeting, he's inspecting the malls. When he got home, he went to his room and fell asleep. He hadn't had a good sleep. During the trip, he only slept for three hours a day.

At noon, Gui and her grandfather arrived at Taipei Airport. Ya Tou and Su Jin, along with their personal driver went to pick them up. Upon seeing Gui, Su Jin ran and hugged her. Gui was happy to be back, but she was afraid to see Aaron. She knew that she had kept this a secret from him. How will she be able to explain it to him? Will he understand her? Or will he hate her?

when they got to Chen Estate, Gui went straight to her room. She took a shower and took a nap. She was tired from the long ride home.