Chapter 10

MoonLight City

 

Silence fell upon the three people in the cafe. Aaron was sitting at his table. Thoughts ran wild. He didn't know how to face the problem. Gui had ran out of the cafe and it was his fault. He blamed himself for everything. If he hadn't showed up, maybe Gui and Ya Tou would still be talking and not arguing. Emotions starts to boil inside of him. Anger, sadness, guilt, all sorts of emotions starts to run wild. All he wanted to do was run after Gui, but he didn't even have the courage and strength to go after her. He just sat at his table and stare at the empty space in front of him.

[Aaron's POV]
A:Why did I have to show up? It's all my fault. I hate myself right now. Why did I have to bring up the past? Why did I have to do this to her? Argh, why am I so stupid?
[end]

Ke Rui stood where she was, staring at Aaron. She felt bad for Aaron, but she was worried about Gui. She never had once experience this. Gui was anger, and she never saw anger from Gui before. She never knew that Gui would be hurt just talking to Aaron. She didn't know that their past, but she was sure that something was wrong between them. When two people fight, the third person always wins. What's that supposed to mean? Thoughts of all sorts ran wild. Ke Rui wanted to do whatever she can to help Gui and Aaron, but right now, she has to focus on Gui. She didn't know where she went, but she couldn't find the strength to follow her either. She knew that Gui would want to be alone, but she's been gone for three hours! Ke Rui was getting impatient. She wanted to do something, but she couldn't. She has never been in this kind of situation before.

Ya Tou stood in the kitchen by herself. The scene with Gui kept repeating over and over again. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't follow Gui because she knew that Gui was mad at her. Thought ran wild, but she kept them unspoken. She didn't know what to do anymore. She thought that she knew everything about Gui, but she didn't. She just stared at the empty space in front of her and replayed the scene from earlier. Its been three hours, and no one has call her to tell her where Gui was. Ya Tou was beginning to get worried. She sat on the cold hard floor and called Gui.

On the fourth ring, one of the maid picked up the phone.

Maid:Hello?

Y:Is Gui home?

Maid:Yes, Young Mistress Gui is in the late Young Master Calvin's room. Do you want to talk to her?

Y:No, what is she doing in Calvin's room?

Maid:She is sleeping. She was crying when she came home. She went straight to her room, she didn't even ask for Su Jin. After taking a shower, she went into Young Master Calvin's room. She cried some more and now she is sleeping. She has been sleeping for quite sometime now.

Y:I see, when it's time for dinner, wake her up, okay? I don't think she had eaten anything all day.

Maid:Okay.

After she hangs up the phone, she walked out of the kitchen. She went to where Ke Rui was standing and told her that Gui was at home. Then, she went to Aaron and told him the same thing. Aaron looks up at her and ask if he can talk to her.

They talked for a couple of hours. Aaron had found out more things about Gui. Ya Tou told him everything that Gui had been going through. He found out that her daughter was her niece, and that she was living in her grandfather's home, even though he already knew that. All these past years, he finally understand how Gui felt. At that moment, he felt pity for her. At a young age, she has to take the responsibility of a mother. Aaron never thought that she was struggling all these 5 years. He was angry with himself. How could he blame her, when she had to go through so much for her family? How could he hate her, when she was always by his side?

After the talk with Gui, he went home. When he got home, he took a shower and went down for dinner. He had dinner by himself and he though of Gui. Questions ran wild in his head. So many unanswered questions. Aaron repeated the scene from the cafe over and over again in his head. Tears starts to form in the back of his eyes. He ate dinner and cried.

When he was done eating dinner, he went to his room and took out the presents from Gui. He never opened them because he thought that it was from girls who wanted to go after his money.

He opened on my one, and memories from the past came back. When he opened the last one, he cried. It was a necklace. It was made out of silver and it had an angel pendent. He turned the angel around and saw his name inscribed on it. He stared at the angel necklace. He held on to it tightly. More tears starts to fall. He couldn't believe it. Gui was his angel. He was about to through the box away, when a card fell out. He picked up the card and read it.

card:
To Aaron:

Every time you think of me, I will always be watching over you. Every time you ever feel lonely, I'm by your side. Every time you are sad, I will be in your shadows wiping away your tears. I will always be by your side. Just give me more time. I just need a little more time.

-Your little Ghost-

Aaron cried. He stood up and walk to his table. He put the gifts down and went to his bed. He laid down and cried himself to sleep.