Chapter 8

MoonLight City

 

After trying to reach Gui and failed, he decided to give up. He was determined to find her though. He went back to his computer and searched for more orphanages in Taiwan. He came across one that was isolated from the rest. He clicked on the link and searched through the website. He found the contact number and called them.

On the fourth ring, he was about to hang up, when he heard a 'Hello' through the other end.

A:Hello, is Mr. Huang Xiao Gui there?

Person:I'm sorry, but he is not in right now.

A:Oh, okay.

Person:You can leave your name and phone number, and when he returns, I will tell him to call you back.

A:Okay. My name is Yan Ya Lun (Aaron). My number is 01-564-8697.

Person:Okay, once he return, he will contact you.

Aaron hangs up the phone. He busied himself through out the whole day. He went over some documents, attend meetings and inspected the store. He forgot all about Gui. He was so busy, that he didn't even have time for lunch. When he returned to his office, to finish reading over the rest of the documents, when his phone rang.

A:Hello?

Guy:Hello, this is Huang Xiao Gui, is Mr. Yan Ya Lun there?

A:Yes, this is he.

(Note:Xiao Gui-XG)

XG:You called when I was away?

A:OH, yes. I'm looking for someone.

XG:Okay, are you looking for a girl or a boy?

A:I'm looking for a girl.

XG:What's her name?

A:Her name is Chen Ying Jie.

XG:Chen Ying Jie? I'm afraid you won't be able to find her here.

A:Where can I find her?

XG:I'm not too sure. Two months ago, she quit her job. I don't know where she's at, but I can give you her grandfather's number. Maybe he can help you.

A:Oh, okay.

XG:Her grandfather is called Chen Guan Lin. His number is 01-874-7654.

After Aaron hung up the phone, he stared at the number that Xiao Gui had given him. He was about to dial the number when his phone rang again.

Jason:Young Master Aaron, First Young Master Chun is looking for you.

A:Tell him to come to my office. (put the paper away)

Jason:Okay, he will up there in 5 minutes.

Aaron waited for Chun to come up. He didn't know why Chun was looking for him, but he knew that it must be something urgent. Five minutes later, there was a knock on his door.

A:Come in. (looks up from work and watch Chun walk up to his desk) What do you want?

CH:Nothing. I know that you are still mad at us, but I just wanted to know if you are going to have dinner with us today. Jiro is paying. He wanted to catch up, since he was gone for a long time. So, are you up for it?

A:No, I still had work to finish, and I will just eat at home. (went back to his work)

CH:Look, I know that you are still mad, but can't you at least join us for dinner. It's been 3 years, since we last saw Jiro and now that he's back, can't you spare sometime for him?

A:Ge, I do want to join you guys, but I'm too busy. Tell him that I will take him out sometime.

CH:Okay, whatever. (annoyed at Aaron)

When Chun got to the door, Aaron called him.

A:Ge, I have a question to ask you.

CH: (turned around) What?

A:Did Danson said anything to you about 5 years ago? About the new employees?

CH: (stared at Aaron confused) No, why? Is there a problem?

A:Not really, is just that he was the one who interviewed Gui five years ago and hired her.

CH:He interviewed Gui five years ago and gave her a position?

A:Yes, I saw the employee documents from 5 years ago, he was the interviewer for those employees.

CH:I see. So...that's how she got the job, well, he didn't tell me anything. Maybe he has his reasons. I'll ask him when I see him later. (turn to leave)

A:Ge, I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him at work.

CH:Okay. (left Aaron by himself)

After having talking with Chun, Aaron packed up and left. When he got home, he took a shower and had dinner by himself. After dinner, he went to his study hall and took out a piece of paper. He began to dial the number. He let the phone rang for a while before hanging up. He tried again, but no one answered. After a few more tries, he decided to go to bed.

A:I will try again tomorrow. Maybe no one's home.

He went to his room and fell asleep.