Chapter 4

MoonLight City

Chapter 4

Two days later, Aaron was taking a tour around their mall. He was the Site Manager, so he was to oversee the things that goes on in the mall. As he walked by the Bear Shop, he saw a little girl crying. She was just standing outside of the store carrying a Stitch doll. Aaron walked up to her.

A:Hello, are you lost?

Girl:Yes (still crying)

A:What's your name? (wiping her tears with his fingers)

Girl:My...name...is...Chen...Su...Jin. (sobbing)

A:Where's your mommy?

SJ:Mommy? She disappear. (still sobbing)

A:What's your mommy's name? (wiping her tears)

SJ:My mommy name is...Gui Gui. (sniffed)

A:Gui Gui?

He was shock to hear her name. He never thought that she would get married and now she is here, in his mall, somewhere.

SJ:Y--yes. (sniffed)

A:Okay, let's go look for your mommy.

He picked her up and took her to customer services.

Guy:Hello, Mr. Yan.

A:Good Morning, Mr. Zhong. May I use the intercom? (points to mic) This little girl, here, got lost.

Mr. Zhong:Sure. (hands the mic to Aaron)

A: (speaking into the mic) Attention, everyone! Sorry for the interruption, but we have a little, lost girl. Her name is Chen Su Jin. She is about 4 or 5 years old. If you have lost a little girl, please come to customer service on the 2nd floor. (hands the mic to Mr. Zhong) (turns to Su Jin) Okay, your mommy will be here any minute.

When Gui heard the announcement, she ran to the 2nd floor. She was looking all over the place for Su Jin. As she approached the 2nd floor and saw Su Jin, she stopped running.

SJ:Mommy! (runs to Gui Gui)

G:Su Jin, are you okay? Where did you go? I was so worried that I might not get to see you again.

SJ:Mommy, this uncle help me. (points to Aaron)

Gui Gui looked to where Su Jin was pointing and saw Aaron. She was surprise to see him. Aaron was just staring at the person who was standing in front of him. He couldn't believe it, Gui was standing right in front of him.

[Aaron's POV]
I can't believe that it's Gui Gui. I never thought that I would see her, and now she is right in front of me. I wonder who she married, and her daughter is so cute.
[end of POV]

G:Thank you for helping my daughter. (walks up to Aaron and stuck out her hand)

A:You're welcome. (hesitant to shake her hand)

G: (to Su Jin) It's getting late, let's go home. Grandpa is waiting for us. (walks away)

Aaron stood there watching her leave. He couldn't believe his eyes. He was seeing her for the first time in 5 years. She seem to have lost some weight. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to call her name, but there was a knot in his throat.

Mr. Zhong:Mr. Yan, do you know Ms. Chen Ying Jie?

A:Chen Ying Jie?

Mr. Zhong:Yes, she use to work here. Five years ago, she was working in the Bear Shop. She had to quit because her daughter has fallen ill, and her grandpa wanted her to work for Chen Merchandise.

Upon hearing the news, Aaron was speechless. He haven't seen Gui Gui around the store when he was inspecting. He didn't even see her name on the employee list. Anger was starting to boil. He needed to talk to Chun and Angela.

A:Chun and Angela! Argh, they knew about it. They knew everything and yet, they are hiding it from me! (he ran out to his car) They are so dead when I get home! (anger boiling inside of him)