Chapter 7

MoonLight City

Chapter 7

After meeting Gui, he decided to find out the truth. He was still angry with Chun and the rest of the gang, so he didn't tell them about his plans. He had so many questions that had no answer to them, so he was going to investigate.

So the next day, he called in his assistant.

A:Jason, I need you to come into my office. (hangs up the phone)

A few minutes later, there was a knock on his door.

A:Come in. (stares the screen)

Jason:Young Master Aaron, how may I help you?

A:I need you to find some documents for me.

Jason: (stares at Aaron) What kind of documents?

A:Jason, do you remember Gui Gui?

Jason:Gui Gui? Ah! The girl that you dated 5 years ago?

A:Yea, I need you to get me the employee documents from 5 years ago, and I need to you find her for me.

Jason:But...I thought that she left. I heard from Old Master that she left the country. He told me that Gui took this check and decided to leave. She told him that she only dated you for the money, and now that she got the money that she wanted, she was going to leave you.

A:I don't know if she left or not. But, Mr. Zhong told me that she was working at the Bear Shop 5 years ago. He said that she was working for us. I was not in charge of the new employees, so I didn't know.

Jason:She worked at the Bear Shop?

A:That's what Mr. Zhong said, so I need the documents. Also, I need you to call Mr. Zhong into my office. I need to documents as soon as possible.

Jason:Okay. (left the room)

Aaron sat at his desk. He put aside his work and just stared at his screen. He was searching the different orphanages in Taipei. He found a few, contacted them, but there was no one by the name 'Chen Ying Jie' nor 'Gui Gui'. He wanted to know why she disappeared, but first he wanted to know what she had been doing these past 5 years. He couldn't believe that she was still here in Taiwan the last 5 years.

He remembered, that when he woke up, his dad told him the news. He couldn't believe it at first, but then, he realized that she did leave. He ran to her house and no one was living there. Also, his father showed him the tape. From that day on, he busied himself. He slept less than five hours a day. When his dad died, he convinced himself that he hated Gui. All the feelings he had left for her were of hatred.

After an hour, Jason came back with the documents that he asked for. Following Jason, Mr. Zhong came in.

Mr. Zhong:Did you call for me Young Master.

A: (looks up) Oh, Mr. Zhong, I have a question to ask you. Remember, when I met Ms. Chen Ying Jie and you said that she use to work for us. Do you know how she got in?

Mr. Zhong:Not really, but I heard that Old Master gave her a million dollar check to leave, but when I saw her walk in for an interview, I was shock to see her. So they hired her, I asked her why she was working for you. She said that she needed the money for her baby. We talked for an hour. I found out that she took the money that Old Master gave her for her baby. She didn't want anyone to know, but she told me anyways. She said that I was the only one she could trust. So, she told me about the baby and the baby's father. I don't know who the father is, but I have a feeling that the father was gone. Curiosity got the best of me, so I asked her how she got this job, and she told me that her best friend, Zhan Ya Tou, gave her the application. She said that she didn't want to apply for the job, but she needed to the money. I don't know who interviewed her, but I know that it wasn't Old Master or Young Master Chun.

A:So...you already know her?

Mr. Zhong:Yeah, I knew her through work.

A:Why did she quit?

Mr. Zhong:At first, I didn't know why she quit, but later I heard that she was having family problems.

A:What kind of problems?

Mr. Zhong: (stares at Aaron) I don't know. I tried to ask Ya Tou, but she told me not to ask questions about Ms. Ying Jie. So...I never found out the real reason for leaving. I believe that there must be a different reason.

A:What make you believe that there is a different reason?

Mr. Zhong:Well, I never believed that she would just leave like that. I believe that there must be something, that is making her leave. I heard that she is the last heir to Chen Merchandise.

A:She's what? (couldn't believe what he was hearing)

Mr. Zhong:You didn't know. Her brother and her only uncle died in a plane crash. Her grandpa is too old to work, so after she finish school, she is going to take over Chen Merchandise. I heard that she was never poor. She only pretended to be poor, because her uncle didn't like her and her brother hated the fact that the uncle mistreat her because she's a girl, so after her parents' death, her brother took her and they ran away. Their grandpa was looking everywhere for them. After a couple of years, her grandpa found her brother. Her brother left for the states, leaving her here in Taiwan. At that time, Old Master gave her money to leave. After taking the money, her grandpa found her and took her to live with him.

A:So...you're saying that my father knew about her background?

Mr. Zhong:No and yes.

A:What do you mean no and yes? (anger was starting to built inside of him)

Mr. Zhong:When he first gave her the check, he didn't know. A year after her disappearance, he found out that she was the granddaughter of Old Master Chen. Mr. Chen own the biggest merchandise company in Taiwan. So..your dad tried to look for her. He didn't know that she was working right in his mall. He vowed that if he can't find her, he would rather die. He pushed himself too hard, a year later, he passed away...(trails off after seeing the agony in Aaron's eyes)

A:Mr.Zhong, you can leave now. I need...I need to be alone for a moment.

Mr. Zhong left Aaron alone. Aaron was staring at the documents that Jason had given him. He was afraid to look. He finally found out some truth. He finally knew half of the reason for her leaving. But...who was the baby's father and what was the real reason for leaving? He wanted to know that much. He was hurt. He didn't know if he should cry or not. Emotions ran wild. He was just shock to discover that she had been working in his family's mall and that she was the heir to Chen Merchandise. One of the biggest merchandise business in Taiwan. His father tried for years, to work out a contract with them. He couldn't believe it. She had been hiding her identity. Tears start to welled up in his eyes. He didn't want to cry, but he couldn't control his emotions.

All at once, his anger and hatred for Gui turned into sympathy and love. His old feelings for her returned. At that exact moment, he knew the truth. His father had been lying to him all these years, even though he had died, he didn't even tell Aaron the truth before he died. He just sat at his desk and cried.

An hour later, he got a hold of himself and opened the enveloped that Jason had given him. He looked at the pictures and biographies of every employee from that same year. Towards the end, he saw her picture and her name. He was shock. He read the name of the interviewer and it wasn't his father or his brother. It was Tang Yu Zhe (Danson). He couldn't believe it. Danson was the person we interviewed her and he didn't even tell him. Danson kept this a secret from everyone. Aaron read on and found out that she started working two months after her disappearance. He wrote down her phone number and address. He was going to talk to her. He wants to hear the truth from .

He tried calling Gui, but the number that she gave them was a broken number. He tried many times, but he got the same result. He didn't know what to do. He had to find her. He needed to talk to her. He needed to know the truth.