Chapter 13

MoonLight City

 

Since Aaron and Gui's reunion, Aaron had been dropping by Chen Estate every morning. He would drop off a rose for Gui. Each day, she would get a new rose. Sometimes, he would join them for breakfast. They look like a happy family.

One day, as he dropped off a rose for Gui, she wasn't home. Gui left early for class. She had to study for the exams that were coming up, and she had to prepare for the inheritance test. Her grandfather, was finally coming back home and he wanted Gui to be prepared for the test.

As Gui was on her way to school, she got into an accident. She was lucky that she didn't die, but something horrible happened to her. She had lost her vision. The accident had caused her to lose her sight and causing her to have minor brain damage.

Aaron was in a meeting, so Angela didn't want to tell him. She was on her way to work, when one of Gui's maid called her and told her about the accident. Angela was worried about Gui, but she was more worried about Aaron. That morning, Aaron and Chun had left for work early, because of a meeting.

When she got to work, she went straight to Jiro's office. She needed to tell someone, but since Chun, Aaron and Danson was in a meeting, the only person she can talk to his Jiro. She knocked on his door, and his secretary let her in. She told Jiro of the news, and they waited for Danson and Chun. They knew the news would blow Aaron away. They knew that Gui and Aaron just made up and now, she was in a critical condition.

Gui was lying on the hospital bed. She was unconscious, her grandfather was by her side. Her driver had died instantly during the accident, and Gui was lucky. She only had a minor damage, but her eyes will never be able to see again, unless she gets a transplant. Her grandfather cried. He usually doesn't cry, but his granddaughter would never be able to see again. He hadn't cried since Calvin's death.

Su Jin and Ya Tou was sitting on a couch by the wall. They watched Gui sleep. They didn't know when she was going to wake up, but they knew that she was strong. Ya Tou cried for Gui. She blamed herself for not going with Gui that morning. She was running late, so she told Gui to meet her at school. She didn't expect her to get hurt on her way to school.

Ya Tou was at the school gate, when she got the phone call. Gui's grandfather had called her. He told her about Gui's accident and that he wanted her to be there for Su Jin. He knew that Su Jin was close to Ya Tou, and she was Gui's best friend. If she was to wake up, she would want to see Ya Tou and Su Jin first. He had told one of Gui's maids to call the Yan family.

Angela and Jiro were on their way to the meeting room, when they saw Chun and Danson standing outside of the room. They walked up to them.

AZ:Hon, what are you two doing out here?

CH:The meeting just ended, and we figured that you two would come here and wait for us. So...what's up? Your text message seems urgent.

Jiro looked around the corridor before answering Chun's question.

J:Is Aaron here?

D:No, he left already. He said that he had some unfinished documents that he needed to go over, so he left after the meeting was over. So, what's wrong?

J: (tears starts to welled up)It's about Gui.

CH:Gui? (confuse and shock)

D:What about her? (worried)

AZ:Well, when I was on my way here, Gui's maid called me and told me that she was in an accident. I don't know the details, but she told me that Gui was on her way to school when the accident happened. Their driver had died on the spot, but Gui was rushed to the hospital. What are we going to do? Should we tell Aaron? (tries to fight off the tears, but it was useless)

Chun and Danson just stood in their place stunned. They didn't expect this to happened. Aaron and Gui just got together and they were enjoying Aaron's smile, but now...Gui was hurt. How will Aaron face this? Tears starts to form, Chun tried to fight off the tears. Danson, on the other hand, was already crying.

CH:I...I don't know. I think that we should not tell Aaron until we know how she's doing. So...I want everyone to calm down. I'm giving everyone 5 minutes to cry. After the 5 minutes, we are to smile in front of Aaron. I know that it will be hard, but we must try. We need to try for Aaron. I don't want to see his smile turn upside down.

After saying that, he started crying. He couldn't control his emotions. He knew that Gui was a special person for everyone. She had brought back a smile that went missing. She had made Aaron happy. He finally saw the warmth in Aaron's heart. But...no one had expected this to happened. Chun hugged Angela and cried with her. Then all four were hugging each other and crying together. They wanted to overcome this together.

When the 5 minutes were up, they wen to the washroom and washed their face. They were going to be strong for Aaron's sake. They were going to show him that he must be strong too. They returned to their offices and got to work.

At lunch, Angela decided to call Ya Tou. She knew that Ya Tou would be at the hospital with Gui. She was about to give up, when Ya Tou picked up her phone on the sixth ring.

Y:Hello?

AZ:Ya Tou? How is Gui?

Y:She is doing fine.

AZ:She is hurt?

Y:Yea...(trials off)

Silence fell upon them. Angela waited for a few minutes before talking.

AZ:Ya Tou, are you still there?

Y:Yea, I'm sorry. What were you asking me?

AZ:Is Gui hurt?

Y:Yea, there's only a little damage done to her brain, but...she lost her vision. She's blind. She can't see anymore. Angela, how are we going to tell Aaron?

AZ:Is she awake, by any chance?

Y:No, not yet. Her grandfather is thinking about taking her to Korea, for her transplant.

AZ:What?! Her grandfather is planning on taking her away? (shouts)

Y:Yea, when she wakes up. He said that he knows a friend in Korea, who is willing to help him out.

After talking to Ya Tou, Angela went to look for Chun. She knew where he was. She went to the mini cafe at the mall. She found Chun eating lunch with Jiro and Danson. She walked up to them and told them the news. They were talking about Gui's condition when Aaron walked up to them.

Upon seeing him, they stopped talking about Gui and starting talking about something else. They were not ready to tell Aaron, and they knew that he was not ready for the news. Seeing him smile, made them feel guilty, but they know that they can't tell him, at least, until her condition stabilizes.

They all listened as Aaron talk about his dates with Gui. They knew that he had missed her, but they never knew how much he had loved her. The more he talk about Gui, the more the want to tell him. Chun couldn't take it anymore. He got up and yelled at Aaron. Chun left after his outburst, everyone stared at him as he walk out the room. Aaron stared at them with confusion. No one said anything after Chun's outburst. Angela, Jiro, and Danson knew what was bother him, but they also know that Aaron didn't mean to go on and on about Gui. The four of them ate lunch in silence.

Chun couldn't take it anymore. He went to his office and cried. He wanted to tell Aaron, but he knew that it will hurt him. He was going to wait until Gui stabilizes before telling Aaron. He wanted to make sure Gui was okay. He didn't want to hide this from his brother, but he had no other choice. After lunch, Angela went to his office. When she walked in, she saw Chun crying at his desk. She walked up to him and comforted him. She knew exactly how he was feeling.

Tears starts to welled up, but she was fighting against them. She was going to be strong. She was not going to let the tears defeat her. She hugged Chun until he got a hold of himself. Chun finally got a hold of himself and thanked Angela for understanding him. They went back to work.

After work, they rode him in silence. Thoughts ran wild, but they left them unspoken. Angela squeezed Chun's hand and he stared at her. Aaron was still in his office, so they didn't need to worry about him, at least for that moment, they didn't. When they were almost home, Ya Tou called and told them that Gui was conscious. She also told them that they didn't have to worry about her minor brain damage, but they should not tell Aaron about Gui until she gets discharge. Chun and Angela agreed on not telling Aaron. After the phone call from Ya Tou, they called Danson and Jiro to tell them the news.