Chapter 11

MoonLight City

 

Aaron woke up to the sound of screaming voices. He didn't know what was going on, but he knew that there were people downstairs. Whatever the occasion was, they were disturbing his sleep. He got up and went to his bathroom. He took a quick shower and went downstairs.

He saw people walking in and out of the house. He didn't know what was going on, but he was determined to find out. He went to look for Chun. He went to the dinning room to look for him, but Chun was not there. In fact, he was no where to be seen. Aaron decided to look for Angela, maybe she can tell him where Chun is. After a couple of minutes of looking for Angela, he spotted her with a group of people that he did not know. He walked up to her and pulled her aside.

A:Have you seen Chun?

AZ:Your brother is not home right now, he went to pick up someone from the airport, why?

A:No reason, is there a party?

AZ:Chun didn't tell you? (stared at Aaron)

A:Tell me what? (confused)

AZ:I guess he didn't. Well your uncle is coming to town, so Chun decided to throw him a party. I thought that he would tell you already. I mean, he's been planning this party since last week. Um...I wonder why he haven't told you yet. Anyways, since that your up, can you go look for Danson and Jiro. They must be in here somewhere. (walks away)

A:Wait, my uncle is coming to town?

AZ:Yes, Chun is picking him up right now.

A:I see.

Aaron went to look for Jiro and Danson, as Angela had asked. He couldn't find them, but he did find someone he knew fairly well. He wasn't sure if it was that person, but he was sure that it was him. So he followed the person. When he got closer, he instantly recognize him.

A:Ah Ben? Is that you? (runs up to him)

(Note: Ah Ben-AB, Xiao Xun-XX)

AB:Yan Ya Lun (Aaron)! What a pleasure to see you!

A:When did you get here? Why didn't you call me?

AB:I got here yesterday. I saw your brother and the guys hanging out at that sushi place, they told me that you were busy, so I didn't want to disturb you.

A:Aiyo! You know I always have time for you. How have you been?

AB:I've been fine. Oh, that reminds me, did you find that girlfriend of yours?

A:Which one?

AB:You know, Gui. Did you find her? (smirks)

A:Why?

AB:Well, I just missed her that's all and plus, Xiao Xun wants to meet her.

A:Xiao Xun? Is that your new girlfriend?

AB:Well...not technically my new girlfriend. We have been married for four months now.

A:Whoa! You're married, and you didn't even tell me. Some friend you are! (laughs)

AB:Hey! I tried calling you, but you're always so busy. And plus, Gui was going to be there, we thought that it would be weird if you two saw each other. I know how much you "hate" her now. Anyways, how have you been? (smiles)

A:I've been doing okay. You know, work and stuff. So, where's your wife?

AB:She's here, somewhere. The last time I saw her, she was looking for a friend.

A:Really? How's work for you?

AB:Work? It's okay. I mean, busy as always, once you take over your family business, you lose your freedom.

Aaron and Ah Ben talked for a while. After leaving Ah Ben, he continued to look for Jiro and Danson. He searched through the whole house, but he couldn't find them. Where were they?

Jiro and Danson had something up their sleeves. They were going to surprise Aaron. They were not sure if she would come, but they had to convince her. They knew that Aaron still loves her, and if he sees her, then maybe his hatred for her would disappear. Little did they know that he already met her.

They were on their way to Chen Estate. They had gotten the address from Chen Merchandise Co. They need to bring Gui to the party. Even though, it's a welcoming party with his uncle, they wanted Gui to be there for Aaron. They wanted Gui to be the one dancing with Aaron. This was not their idea, but his uncle's. His uncle Mr. Shang Fu, wanted to see Gui. He had seen Gui once, but that was before his brother made her leave. He always had an admiration for Gui. He was happy that his rebellious nephew had found someone to love and care for. But, when he heard about his brother's deal with Gui, he was furious with his brother. Now, that he was back, he wanted to bring those two together.

He had heard about the coldness of Aaron. The last them he saw Aaron, he knew that his rebellious nephew has changed, and it wasn't a good change either. He last saw Aaron at his brother's funeral. All he saw in Aaron's eyes, were sadness and despair. He wanted to bring back Aaron's smile, but he knew that with out Gui, there was no smile.

When Jiro and Danson reached Chen Estate, they drove into the driveway and parked their car in front of the entrance. They were greeted with by maids and servants. The maids and servants lead them up the stairs and into the house. They were at the main entrance, when they saw Gui playing with a little girl. They little girl looked just like Gui, but she had long brown hair, instead of a reddish hair color like Gui.

Gui was playing with Su Jin, when she saw Jiro and Danson at the main entrance. She knew that they wanted to talk her, but she didn't expect them to come to her house. Gui stared at them for a moment, before standing up and walking to them. As she got closer, she greeted them.

G:Hello, Jiro and Danson. What brings you here today?

J:We came to talk to you. Can talk somewhere else? (smiles at Gui)

G:Um...sure. Follow me.

She lead them to the study hall. She asked them to sit and told one of the maid to bring them some snacks and drinks.

D:Gui, is that your daughter?

G:Yes, she's my daughter.

J:What's her name?

G:Su Jin.

D:Su Jin? What happened to her father? I believe that you are not married.

G:He died. (tears starts to form, but she fought them off)

D:I see. Anyways, we came here to ask for a favor.

G:What kind of favor?

J:Well, Aaron's uncle is back and we are throwing him a party, but he wants us to take on mission impossible.

G:Mission Impossible?

D:Gui, do you still remember Mr. Yan Shang Fu?

G:Yes, he was their father's brother. What is he doing in town?

J:He just came to visit his nephews. So...would you attend this party with us?

G:Um... (thinks)

Ya Tou was at the door and heard everything. She watched and waited for Gui's answer. She knew that Gui was still mad at her for what happened yesterday, but this was an opportunity that she was not going to let Gui passed on. She knew that Gui was going to refuse, so she was ready to knock some sense into Gui.

J:Gui, I know that you are in no mood to see Aaron, but can you at least attend this for his uncle?

D:Yea, remember, you owed his uncle a favor.

G:I...I...I don't know. I mean... (Ya Tou cut her off)

Y:Of course she will be there. I will be the one bringing her there. What time is she supposed to be there?

J: (looks up at Ya Tou) Well, his uncle is not home yet, so why don't you bring her in an hour. We would really appreciate your help.

G:But... (gets cut off again)

Y:No buts. Gui, you have been avoiding Aaron for 5 years now. You know that you can't hide from him anymore. He already know that you are attending Sheng Ying and sooner or later, he will know that you live here. Gui, listen to me for once, okay? You can't hide anymore. I know that you still love him, why can't you just admit it? I know that you blame yourself for what happened 5 years ago, but that was so 5 years ago! Can't you let it go? Gui, I've been your friend since forever, I know you. I know that you are just leaving her, but of Calvin. I know that this place reminds you a lot of Calvin, but remember when you were poor? Remember when you and Calvin opened that flower shop? Remember how happy you use to be? Look, I'm a third person, and I could tell that you still love him. I'm sorry for what happened yesterday at work, but you made him cry. Gui, I'm begging you please, attend this party. Face your fears! Face Aaron! He needs to know the truth. I'm not betraying you, I'm still on your side, but I'm on the side that wants Aaron, the side that still love him. Gui, I've seen it all. You've changed. Look at Su Jin! You don't ever spend time on her anymore, you're distancing yourself from your precious daughter. You see? You spend too much time worrying about hiding, that you are missing out on a lot of things lately. Have you noticed that Su Jin misses you? Have you noticed that everyone wants the old Young Mistress back? Have you noticed that your grandpa doesn't want to come back, because you are making him sad? Gui, I know that you're hurt, but that was 5 years ago. You need to face him and your feelings. Yesterday for the first time, I noticed that Aaron was happy and that his love for you were as strong as ever, ONLY your too dumb to know.

After listening to Ya Tou's long speech, Gui decided to attend the party. She knew that Ya Tou was right. She had been neglected her duty as a mother, and a granddaughter. Everything Ya Tou had said made sense, and everything she said was true. Gui needed to face Aaron, even though, he may hate her, she needs to face him. She needs to tell him the truth, that's the only way to lift one of her burdens off her shoulders.

An hour later, Gui and Ya Tou headed to Aaron's house. Gui hadn't been in that house for a very long time. They last time she stepped into that house was when she went to meet his father. When his father handed her the check, when she had betrayed their love.

When they arrive, they were greeted by maids and servants. Gui held onto little Su Jin's hand, and they walked in. As they entered the dinning room, everyone turned and stared at them, especially at Gui and Su Jin. Gui felt like running, but Ya Tou grabbed her free hand. All three of them walked in together. Ya Tou knew that Gui was scared and nervous, but she also know that Gui was strong and brave.

Mr. Yan Shang Fu saw Gui entered and walked up to her. He didn't expect her to have a daughter, but he was in no line to judge her. He, too, had been doing a background check on Gui and knew that her daughter was actually her niece. Gui, Ya Tou and Su Jin was standing off the to the side when Mr. Yan Shang Fu came up to them.

He asked Gui and Su Jin to follow him into the study hall. Gui looked at Ya Tou for reassurance. Ya Tou gave her a little nod, and she followed Mr. Yan Shang Fu into the study hall with Su Jin.

They talked for a while, before Mr. Yan Shang Fu left. He had ask Gui to stay in the study hall. she didn't know why, but she listened to him anyways. A couple of minutes later, Aaron walked in. He was shock to see Gui sitting on a coach with a little girl on her lap. She wasn't paying attention, so she didn't even notice him walking in.

As he got sat opposite of her, she looked up. She just stared at Aaron, before saying anything.

G:Um...what are you doing here? Where's your uncle?

A:He asked me to come here, he wanted me to meet someone. If you want, I'll just leave you alone.

G:Actually, I have something to tell her.

A:(hesitated) Oh, okay.

G:This little girl is Chen Su Jin. I know that you met her before, but she is...

A: (cuts of Gui) Your daughter, to be exact, she's your niece.

G:(shocked)How did you know?