Chapter 15

MoonLight City

 

The next day, Aaron went to Chen Estate. He had missed Gui. It's been five long weeks, and he wanted to see her first thing that day. When he arrived, the maids and servants greeted him. He had forgotten about his previous visit, before the left.

Once he was inside, one of the maid led him to the dinning room. He walked in and saw Old Master Chen having breakfast with Su Jin, but Gui was no where to be found. Old Master Chen saw Aaron and told him to sit next to Su Jin. Aaron went and sat next to Su Jin. The maid that led him in, left to get him his breakfast. Aaron was looking around for Gui. Old Master Chen stared at Aaron before he started to talk.

Old Master Chen:Aaron, how have you been?

A:I've been doing fine.

Old Master Chen:I heard that you were on a business trip?

A:Yea, Chun sent me on one. He was too busy to go, so he had asked me to go in his place.

Old Master Chen:How was it? Did you enjoy it?

A:Yeah, it was an experience that I would never forget. (thanked the maid for his breakfast)

Old Master Chen:So...are you planning to succeed your brother?

The question caught Aaron off guard. He hadn't been expecting that question. He thought about it before answering.

A:No, (looked at Old Master Chen, before proceeding)Chun and Angela did a fine job keeping the business stable.

Old Master Chen:Chun and Angela had been doing a fine job. How's your job coming along? I heard that you're the site manager.

A:It's been doing fine. I'm not as busy as Chun, but I get my busy days too. (looked at the door, but still no Gui) Where's Gui?

Old Master Chen:(looks at Su Jin, then at Aaron)She's sleeping. She's had a long five weeks.

A:Huh? What do you mean by that?

Old Master Chen:Oh, I believe that Chun and Angela hadn't tell you anything. I thought that since we're back, they would of said something. I guess not.

A:What do you mean? (confuse)

Old Master Chen:You see, five weeks ago, she got into an accident. Our driver died at the scene, but luckily, she survived. She had damaged one of her veins in her eyes, so she needed to get an operation. Five weeks ago, we left for Korea to get her surgery done. I thought that they told you.

A:They didn't say anything. When did you guys left? Why didn't she call me to let me know?

Old Master Chen:We left the same day you did. Just earlier. I heard that you came over, but the maids and servants couldn't face you, so they hid from you. Aaron, she didn't call you because she was worried about you.

A:Wait, so...you are telling me that you guys left in that morning, and that Chun and Angela knew about it? They sent me on that business trip...because they knew about Gui?

Old Master Chen:(looks at Aaron)Yes, I was the one who suggested that trip. I knew that they didn't tell you, because of Gui. So...I asked them to keep you away until we get back.

After having breakfast with Old Master Chen, Aaron went home. He wanted to stay until Gui wakes up and talk to her, but he also didn't want to disturb her. When he got home, he went to look for Chun and Angela. He found them in their office.

He knew that getting angry at them was useless, so he decided to talk to them about it. They explained everything to him. He understood them, and he knew that if he was in their shoes, he would of done the same thing. It was still early, so he went to the gym. He hadn't been to the gym in a while.

He spend the rest of the day working out and relaxing in the spa. When it was almost time for dinner, he left the spa and went home.

When he got home, Chun and Angela was just getting ready for dinner. Aaron joined them for dinner. They ate their dinner in silence. After dinner, Aaron went to his room and called Gui. On the fifth ring, he hung up the phone and went to take a shower.

After coming out of the shower, he tried calling Gui again, but this time he heard the ringtone coming from downstairs. He wasn't sure if she was downstairs or not, but he knew the ringtone. After getting dressed, he rushed downstairs. When he got downstairs, he didn't see anyone in the main room. His smile disappeared and the headed upstairs. As he walking to the stairs, he heard voices coming from the library. He decided to go to the library to see if anyone was there. As he got closer, he recognized one of the voice.

He came upon the open door and peeked inside. He saw Angela with a girl standing next to her. They were looking at some books on the shelf. They were talking about something. Aaron stood at the door, he didn't want to interrupt them. When they were done talking, they turned around and saw Aaron by the door.

As Angela and the girl got closer, Aaron recognized her. It was Gui. He was so happy and shock to see her. They hugged each other. Angela left them alone so that they can talk.

Aaron took Gui out to the garden. Gui sat on the swing and Aaron sat on the ground in front of her. Aaron asks her questions and she answered them. They talked until midnight. After they were done talking, Gui left. Aaron didn't want her to go, but he knew that she must leave. Her daughter was waiting for her. When Gui left, he went to his room and went to sleep. He had a tiring day.

When Gui got home, she went to her room and took a shower. She was relief that Aaron was not mad at her for keeping her accident a secret. She loved him so much. After taking a shower, she went into Su Jin's room. She kissed Su Jin before going back to her room to sleep.