The Cure, The Medicine

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

Peevxwm POV

 

I was worn out as I arrived in this forest way up in the north. All the sudden, something attacked me and made me flipped over. I turned around to see a snake glaring at me.

“What are you doing here in Heavy Water’s area?!” the snake shouted.

“Sorry to intrude, I came to get a medicine.” I said.

“Medicine? Are you talking about our rare black bat flower?!” the snake asked me.

“Yes,” I nodded.

He then changed into his human form and took a look at me. I copied the same and bowed to him as soon as I got into my human form.

“Why do you need such a plant?! Here in Heavy Water, we don’t give away such things!” he dashed towards me to strike me.

“Wait!” I dodged him and started to run as he followed after me. I can’t start a fight with him, that’ll give me less of a chance to get the flower. “I came to hel—” before I can finish, he took out a hidden sword of his and slashed me.

“Don’t lie about such thing to get our flower!” he shouted.

Unable to speak for a while, I feel don to the ground and rolled away before he could stab me again.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

“Nkauj Sheng,” Mai Cee started to speak to me out of nowhere as it was the only two of us were sewing paj ntaub in the afternoon.

“What is it sister?” I asked her.

“I’ve been missing Nyiaj lately. Even though all these guys in the village keeps coming to talk to me, I can only think of Nyiaj.” She told me.

“Mai Cee, you must like him a lot.” I told her.

“Yeah, I must. Anyways, that guy that always comes for you is not here anymore. Peevxwm right? Did he leave?” Mai Cee asked me.

“Yes, his father is sick. He received he message and came to say bye to me before leaving.” I told her.

“Oh yeah, mom said she’s been dreaming about one of us getting married.” Mai Cee said.

“What?” I looked at Mai Cee surprised. Is sister going to get married this year?

“Don’t look at me like that. Mom said one of us, it could be you too.” Mai Cee turned red.

“Well, it’s you who has the most admirers coming to meet you. There’s even the rumor in our village that you’re the prettiest girl here. Thanks to you, we have a bunch of men from other villages coming just to meet you.” I told her.

“Like I said, it could be you too. Mom said she dream that a bunch of gold was placed in front of her and then a guy was walking out of the house holding hands with you or me. She said she isn’t sure who but she knows for sure it’s one of us because the girl’s clothes were the same ones she sew for us to wear for our wedding.” Mai Cee said.

“Then, congratulations ahead of time sister.” I told her

“No way! I’m only going to marry someone I love!” Mai Cee shook her head.

I laughed at her and we continued to chitchat between one another.

“Hello,” two men approached us and I saw them looking at my sister mostly.

“Hello,” my sister greeted them.

“We heard that there is a beautiful maiden in this village so we came to take a look. I see, it’s two beautiful maiden,” the guy said as he smiled at my sister and me.

Those two men started to talk to my sister and me. I could tell right away Mai Cee doesn’t have a lot of interest in them as she barely smiled at them.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I sighed finally being able to breathe as I trapped that guy in a hunter’s net. I stopped for a while to I hold onto my wound around my stomach area, it hurts like hell. I threw his sword far away from us before speaking to him.

“Look here, I didn’t come here for bad or to harm you guys in anyway. All I want is a black bat flower.” I told him.

“Lies! Once you want one, you want more!” the guy said.

“Listen to me! I only came here to get that flower to save my dad. I’m from Fresh Water area.” I told him.

“You guys have a very powerful king, he could save his people with his power, so why are you coming into Heavy Water to get medicine to save your dad?!” he asked.

“Because my king can’t save my dad from the injuries caused by black magic spells.” I said.

“What are you talking about?” the guy finally calmed down and asked me for with a serious look.

“A guardian snake from another area—” the guy interrupted me.

“Calm Water area’s guardian snake.” The guy said.

“So you know that, then you should also know this. That another snake was injured going to the meeting place. It was my dad from Fresh Water. My king can’t save him nor leave our area to get medicine so I decided to come. I can’t let my dad die for trying to do a good deed.” I said.

The guardian processed everything in his head and nodded. “Let me down, I’ll help you.” He said.

I bowed to him and went on my knees. “I beg you, please help me save my dad.” I told him.

I went to get his sword to cut the net. He got down and headed to a direction.

“Follow after me,” he said. “You need to get permission from my king and get your wounds treated. I’m sorry for acting so rash, now you’re injured badly.” He turned around and bowed at me.

I followed him into Heavy Water’s entrance as we turned into snakes, my wound bleed heavier but I could care less at this moment.

 

+++

 

I shook hands with Heavy Water’s king. “Then I’ll make sure to have another message sent to you guys about our new meeting place.” The king told me.

“Yes, I’ll make sure to pass it on to my king. Love live you, king.” I bowed to him and he gave me a slight nod.

“This way,” that guy, who is actually one of the king’s bodyguards, leads me to a different path. We headed out of the king’s castle and into another forest like area inside this place.

“We hid the black bat flowers from human because that evil sorcerer was destroying it all so we couldn’t heal ourselves.” he told me.

“That explains I went to many areas where I thought they’ll grow in but couldn’t find any at all.” I told him.

“Of course, to find them outside of Heavy Water’s area is rare because me made sure to keep most of them to ourselves.” he said.

 

Nyiaj POV

 

I arrived at that uncle Hwi Chim’s house. His door was all closed and everything was locked tightly.

“He’s not home.” I sighed in disappointment.

“Nyiaj, let’s go home and come back tomorrow. It looks like he’s out of town.” Pobtsuas told me.

I nodded but was disappointed. Why was he not here when I expected him to be here? Nkauj Sheng, please wait a bit longer for me. I’ll make sure to kick that evil thing out of your body.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I carefully plucked out the flower and put it in a box safely. I then put it in my bag and turned around to see the bodyguard help me out.

“By the way, what’s your name?” I asked realizing I don’t know his name.

“I’m Xob Kong, and you?” he asked me.

“I’m Peevxwm Cheng. Thank you once more for giving me this medicine.” I told him.

“By the way, you’re quite a righteous and strong guy, are you one of the king’s bodyguards or men?” he asked me.

“No I’m not, I decided that it wasn’t fit for me.” I told him. “Anyways, I’m in a hurry so I’ll say my goodbyes here.” I told the guy.

“It’s dark outside. Are you sure you’re going to leave instead of resting for the night?” Xob asked me.

“Yeah, goodbye.” I shook hands with Xob and then transformed into a snake. Then I started on my long journey home in a hurry. I have to save my dad for sure now that I got the medicine.

 

Nyiaj POV

 

Pobtsuas sighed as I went to his house again the next day. “Fine,” he told me. “This is the last time, if that uncle Hwi Chim Vue is not in his house today, I’m not going with you anymore.” Pobtsuas told me.

“Okay buddy,” I told him.

Then we headed to the house around the afternoon and saw that the door was opened. I looked at Pobtsuas in relief.

“Uncle Hwi Chim, are you home?” I asked, as we got closer.

An old man around is 40s came out of the house and gave me a sharp look. “Who are you? Why are you looking for me?” he asked.

“I’m Nyiaj Lor and I’m from this village also. I came to ask you for a favor.” I told him.

“What kind of favor? I don’t do favors,” he turned around to enter his house again but I quickly went and blocked him.

“Uncle Hwi Chim, please help me. A girl I like has been put under a spell by a snake monster.” I told him.

“Snake monster?” he looked at me curiously. “What do you mean?” he asked me.

“There’s this snake that can transform into a human and he put a spell under the a girl to make her think she likes him.” I told Hwi Chim.

“A snake that can transform into a human? Where did you meet such thing?” Hwi Chim asked me.

“In Hua Cua Village. Can you help me please?” I asked him.

“Alright,” Hwi Chim agreed so suddenly surprising me. “I just arrived form going somewhere so let me rest a few days before going head out to Hua Cua Village.” He told me.

“Okay, thank you uncle Hwi Chim.” I bowed to him.

“Yeah, yeah.” He said and entered his house.

Pobtsuas looked at me as I turned around. He then shook his head at me. “Why do I have such a bad feeling?” he asked me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Anyways, get prepared, you’re going with me back to Hua Cua Village.” I told him.

“I’m sorry buddy but I’m not going there anymore. I found a girl here in this village that I like a lot. I’m going to stay here and pursue her incase something happens.” He told me shaking his head.

“Dude, we’re like brothers. Just come with me,” I tried to convince her.

“If I go with you and return to find my girl has gotten married, how are you going to repaid me?” Pobtsuas asked me making me be quiet.

“Fine,” I nodded in defeat and we walked back to our houses.

“I’m sorry buddy but I really don’t want to go.” I told him.

“I understand. As a friend that is like your brother, I won’t be able to be happy if you aren’t.” I told him.

 

~~~

So they both found what they're looking for, who's going to get back to Nkauj Sheng's side first?