He Loves Her and She Loves Him

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

 (Last Picture of Him)

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

I finally left the house with my basket and headed to the farm when I saw a familiar person with his friend walking closer to me.

“Nkauj Sheng,” Nyiaj called out my name.

“Hello you two,” I greeted them.

“Where are you going?” Nyiaj asked me.

“I’m going to the farm,” I told them. I saw Pobtsuas looking around and smiled in my head. “Mai Cee is sick so it’s only me.” I said looking at Pobtsuas.

“Oh,” he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

“Well anyways, have fun here. I’ll go now.” I told them and left togo to the farm.

On my way out of the village, I saw Peevxwm about to enter the village. He saw me and ran to me smiling.

“Hi,” he came and walked next to me.

“Weren’t you going to enter the village? Go ahead,” I . He stuck out his tongue and laughed causing me to laugh along with him. “Oh,” I realized that he was carrying a basket. “You found a basket to carry now?” I asked him.

“Well, I realized that you might need my help with letting the rest of the rice dry out in the farm today and bringing some back to grind them.” He told he.

I smiled at his thoughtfulness. “Thank you for trying to help me out.” I told him and we headed to the farm.

On our way there, he kept on joking with me. The more he looked at me, the more I felt like I saw him somewhere. But I’m sure I never at the same time so I didn’t questioned much why I thought that way.

 

Nyiaj POV

 

“Buddy, I think Nkauj Sheng already has a guy after her that she likes. Why not just give up and find a different girl?” Pobtsuas asked me.

“But I only like Nkauj Sheng. She’s perfect in my eyes.” I told Pobtsuas.

“I already have a feeling she doesn’t have any interest in you truthfully.” Pobtsuas said.

“It’s because she’s not use to me yet. It’s going to take her a while. Don’t be so quick to judge.” I almost snapped at him.

“Should we go and talk to some other girls?” Pobtsuas asked me.

“You go on your own,” I told him and went after Nkauj Sheng.

I remembered the path to their farm and walked there. Once I arrived, I saw a guy putting a flower on her head. She was laughing and pushing him away but she clearly liked it.

“Nkauj Sheng!” I shouted not wanting to leave or give up.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

“Nkauj Sheng!” I heard a familiar voice and turned around to see Nyiaj.

“Why is he here?” Peevxwm asked.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulder. I realized that I was playing around with Peevxwm for quite a while now and began to go back to work. I began to grab the dried rice and put them in my basket.

“I’ll help,” Peevxwm got down and joined me and switches it to filling his basket.

“Nkauj Sheng,” Nyiaj came and next to me and I smiled to him.

“Why are you here? Where’s Pobtsuas?” I asked him.

“I just thought that you might need a companion if you were coming to the farm alone.” Nyiaj told me.

“I’m fine. Peevxwm is here and he helped me a lot.” I told Nyiaj as he joined Peevxwm and me.

“Well, you’ll need help on grinding the rice later right? I could do it,” Nyiaj pointed to himself.

I mentally sighed to myself and didn’t reply to what Nyiaj said because I wasn’t sure what to say. I know I’m not allowed to reject his help so I just kept quiet. I could do this all by myself but now I’m receiving more help than I should get making me feel guilty. How would mom feel knowing I’ve been receiving help all this time from men? Would she call me lazy for not doing why own work properly? Peevxwm and now Nyiaj, if only one of them help would be great, two is burdensome.

“Don’t worry about your rice. I’ll make sure I mill them perfectly for you.” Peevxwm said.

I looked at him and smiled at him. It seemed like he was always trying to make me smile for some reason.

We filled in Peevxwm’s basket and headed back to the village. We headed to my house and went to the mill. We set the basket down and Nyiaj went to push the mill’s turning part.

 

 (How the Hmong mill looks like)

 (How the mill works)

 

I was about to grab some rice but Peevxwm stopped me. “I’ll do it. You’ve been working all day, you’re probably tired.” He lightly pushed me back and took over.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I was putting in the rice nicely when that Nyiaj guy started to turn the mill really fast. I couldn’t put in the rice grains and he stopped abruptly.

“Do you want to switch? Can’t you do it properly?” he asked me with jealousy totally obvious in this voice.

I almost glared at that guy but remembered that Nkauj Sheng was there and that she was looking. Why that jerk wants to humiliate me? Two can play that game.

“Sure,” I smiled at him gritting my teeth tight.

You’re going down you evil jerk! I got my hand on the turning part and started to turn really fast so that he couldn’t even put the rice grains in also.

“Hey, you seem like you can’t do it either.” I smirked to him.

“Nyiaj, since you can’t do it, I’ll do it.” Nkauj Sheng stepped in and took over.

I gave him a victorious smile and turned the mill slowly for Nkauj Sheng to be able to put the grains in. Nyiaj was glaring at me but by now, my eyes were only on Nkauj Sheng.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

“It’s late so I’m going home. You two, be careful on your way back.” I told him and waved goodbye to the two guys before heading home with my basket of rice.

I entered the house to see Mai Cee sitting on the bed drinking her medicine. “Nkauj Sheng,” Mai Cee came up to me after I set the basket down in the house.

“Mai Cee, are you feeling better?” I felt her forehead.

“Yes, I’m sorry that you had to go to the farm all by yourself and do all this by yourself.” She told me.

“It’s alright, I received help from Nyiaj and a man named Peevxwm.” I told her.

“Nyiaj went to help you out at the farm?” she asked surprised.

“Yes,” I nodded and looked at her as I think I saw anger flashed through in her face.

Her face slowly turned from to curiosity from anger? Or was it just surprise? “Did he asked for me?” she asked seriously.

“He didn't specifically asked for you or anything but Pobtsuas and him did seem to wonder why I was alone. So I told them you were sick.” I told her.

Her smiled returned and she helped my put the rice away. Oh…so she liked Nyiaj a lot. I better keep away from him in case of misunderstandings with my sister.

 

~~~

Nkauj Sheng is quick to catch on right? She knows who her sister wants! And Peevxwm, HE'S STILL SO CUTE!!! In reality, I'll love to meet him for once!

Okay, found another picture of him and posted it on ths chapter! Doesn't he look hot?!

I'm planning on writing to 18 chapters, created them and are working on them right now! Will reveal each of them when I'm done with them!