That's How Much He Has Fallen For Her

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

Peevxwm POV

 

“What is that?” I froze surprised. I have to tell Nkauj Sheng, she can’t fall in love with a snake!

I was about to run to Hua Cua Village but remembered that Pobtsuas needed water so I rushed to the river and filled my water bottle quickly.

+++

“Nyiaj, why are you rushing so much?” Pobtsuas ran after me who was rushing ahead as we entered the village.

“Nkauj Sheng! Nkauj Sheng!” I shouted as I arrived at her house. I saw the door all closed and locked up.

 “They’re not home.” Pobtsuas breathed out.

“Where are they?” I asked nervously.

“Why? What’s the big deal?” Pobtsuas asked me.

“That’s right! That uncle called Hwi Chim Vue back in our village, High Wind, knows how to do black magic right?!” I asked Pobtsuas.

“What are you talking about? We just arrived here.” Pobtsuas looked at me confused.

“I have to go back.” I told him and quickly left again.

“What’s with you?! I can’t stay if you’re not!” he followed after me.

On our way home, I explained everything to him. Of course I added things like Nkauj Sheng has been bind by that snake’s black magic and all too because it’s true.

“If that’s true, then Nkauj Sheng is in real danger.” Pobtsuas said.

“I know that’s why I have to save her. That evil snake is probably planning on eating her after seducing her! That evil jerk!” I got angry even at the thought of it.

“Dude, but are you sure we shouldn’t tell Nkauj Sheng that she’s under that snake’s spell?” Pobtsuas asked me.

“We don’t have time for that.” I told him. “The longer we wait, the more in danger Nkauj Sheng is going to be.” I told him.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

“Dad!” I shouted as I entered my house. I saw the king and greeted him quickly before running to my dad’s side. He was lying on the sofa pale and unconscious. “What happened?” I asked my mom who was crying sitting next to my dad.

“It’s my fault.” The king suddenly spoke.

“What do you mean?” I looked at him surprised.

“I asked your father to do me a favor. But he ended up meeting that evil man.” The king said.

“Who? What happened?” I asked still confused.

“Hwj Chim Vue is his name. It was before you kids this generation was born. He found about us snakes because he almost feel in love with my…sister.” The king said. “When he found out that she wasn’t human, he tricked her to telling him how to enter our world. Then he started the massacre killing and with other snakes’ areas also when he tricked them in the same way.” The king said.

My mom stopped crying loudly and looked at the king. “So Hwi Chim isn’t dead?! I’ll go and kill him!” my mom got up.

“Mom!” I grabbed her.

“Aunt!” Thaiv joined by my side to block my mom.

“Mom, calm down. Let’s hear the whole story first before acting.” I told her.

“Your father…as you guys know, is one of my friends during the massacre. He helped save the royal family, which is why I owed you guys so much. I knew I probably shouldn’t, but I asked him another favor.” The king said.

I suddenly remember when the king asked my dad to have a drink with him. “Was it when I went to get permission? Was that when you asked my dad of that favor?” I asked.

The king nodded. “One of the snake guardians in another area has been killed. I’ve been asked to send someone to discuss how to protect us. So I decided on your father. But I didn’t know he’ll be coming back almost dead saying it was Hwi Chim.” The king said.

“So this evil human being is out there still trying to kill us snakes?” I asked.

“Yes,” the king closed his eyes and nodded.

“How do we save my husband? Tell me and I’ll give up anything!” my mom cried. “Please king, I can’t live without my husband.” My mom went on her knees.

I looked at my mom and my dad and closed my eyes trying to control my tears. I can’t cry now. Even if I want to, I can’t cry right now.

“I only heard about this but I’m not sure. Your dad’s injury looks like the black bat flower can only cure it. It’s a really rare flower that can cure any type of spell injured in a person’s body. It’s up north of us and as I heard, it grows in the shade mostly where it’s high in humidity with lots of rain.” The king said.

I nodded to his words remembering everything I can about this black bat flower.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

A few days now and I haven’t seen or heard from Peevxwm. I stared at the middle of nowhere until my sister shouted my name really loud and I almost dropped my hoe.

“Nkauj Sheng!” Mai Cee shouted and I turned around shocked.

“Yes?” I asked.

“What are you so lost in your thoughts about? Mom said to hurry and finish up as much as you can. She’s setting up lunch right now.” Mai Cee told me.

“Oh,” I nodded and continued to use the hoe to destroy the weeds in our farm. My family we’re planning on planting new things so we decided to clean up this area in our farm.

+++

I went to the river to carry water and got lost in my thoughts again as I let the bamboo pole sink to get water. If he left, why did he not say anything? All the sudden, I saw a snake and almost freaked out but remembered that it was harmless.

“Hello,” I patted it as it came next to me. “Oh,” I realized that the bamboo was full so I took it out. “Well, bye snake.” I said to it and then held on tightly to the bamboo before heading home.

On my way to my house, I saw an image going towards my house on the opposite side, Peevxwm.

“Peevxwm!” I shouted happily.

Thank god I met him. I was beginning to worry about him because I didn’t see him. But he just knows when to appear don't he?

“Nkauj Sheng!” he ran to me and hugged me tightly surprising me.

After a while of him calming down from something, I went to my house and put away the water before going outside of my house to talk to him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him worried as he had on this face that definitely showed something was wrong.

“I have to go home and I think it’ll be a while before I can come back to your side.” He told me.

“It’s alright, I knew you have to go back to your village at some point.” I told him.

“My dad is really sick so I’m leaving today. I’m sorry for suddenly mentioning this to you but I received a message about it and have to leave to get him his medicine.” He held onto his hands tightly showing me how unsteady he is at the moment.

“I’m sorry to hear that your dad is not doing well.” I said to him. Suddenly I realized something and got up quickly running into the house.

I went to my bed and grabbed something I was working hard on for him. Then I ran back out of the house and handed it to him.

“What’s this pouch for?” he asked me.

“Take it as a good luck charm for you. I made it for you in case you were leaving so that you have something to protect you along the way.” I told him.

Peevxwm smiled as he took a look at the charm that was white with nine stars sewed on it. “Nine stars mean what?” he asked me.

“I don’t know. I just tried to sew as many starts there as I can nicely and it ended up being nine. But I’ll give it a meaning for you,” I covered the pouch with his hands and blew on it. “To protect you forever and keep you safe.” I said.

“Why?” he asked me.

“I don’t know where Fresh Water Village is but it must be somewhere far. And who knows, you might meet trouble along the way. So I want you to protect in anyways.” I told him honestly

Peevxwm gave me an intense stare when I looked back at him. I got shy under his gaze and looked away as I let go of the pouch.

“Thank you,” he held my hands with his. “That’s just exactly what I needed.” He gave me one of his soft charming smiles.

I smiled to him and took a good look at his face. He’s leaving today and I just know I’ll miss him a lot.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I held tightly onto Nkauj Sheng’s charm she gave me and tied it on my pant tightly. I smiled as I thought of what she said: “To protect you forever and keep you safe.” It’s like she knew what to say to me even if I don’t tell her.

I turned into a snake and headed up north, the prediction given of where the black bat flower is. On my way there, I only rested temporarily to recharge before slithering as fast as I can up north.

 

Nyiaj POV

 

“Son, you’re home already?” my mom asked me as I arrived home tired.

“Yes,” I told her.

“I thought you were going to take a while over there? Didn’t you say weren’t coming back until you get me my daughter-in-law?” my mom asked.

“I did mom, but there’s an emergency.” I told her as I went to my room and was about to grab some money but realized something. “Mom, that uncle Hwi Chim Vue, is he still here in our village?” I asked.

“WHAT?!” my mom shouted. “Why do you want to meet him? Don’t you know that he’s an evil person?! He does black magic! You shouldn’t get close to anyone like him!” my mom shouted.

“Mom, what if I say I saw something very dangerous?” I asked my mom.

“What did you see? Let me hear it? Is it as dangerous as it ought to be, which is enough for you to go see that man?” my mom sat down on the chair inside the house.

I joined her cleared my throat. “I found a girl I like from Hua Cua Village. But then there’s a random guy who came out of nowhere and she started to like him right away. After I came back home and stayed for a while, I told you was going to get you your daughter-in-law right?” I sighed not wanting to tell her but I knew if I didn’t, she wouldn’t let me meet that uncle Hwi Chim.

“Continue, or are you just going to pause forever?” asked me making me realized I just stopped speaking.

“Well, when Pobtsuas and me was about to arrive at the village, which is just ahead of a river, Pobtsuas couldn’t continue because he didn’t have enough energy. I decided to go get some water for him but then saw that man, that was talking to the girl I like, turn in a snake. So I knew for sure then that he has put as spell on her to make her like him so much.” I finished.

“Oh my, that’s a big deal then.” My mom said.

“So can I go and get some help from that uncle Hwi Chim? I’m sure if I get rid of the spell, Nkauj Sheng will like me then.” I told my mom.

“But,” my mom stopped me from my excitement. “She isn’t your problem son. I don’t want you to go and save her and then get hurt in that process. What if you do help this girl but she still doesn’t like you then huh?” my mom asked me.

I looked at my mom with my face saying it’s impossible. She will definitely like me, why wouldn’t she? 

 

~~~

So are the two love rivals doing the right thing? If one is, is the other?

Yay! Just releasing everything I wrote! Good thing I'm on spring break right now, let's me finish my story faster. I'm the type that can't stand slow updates and rather have a quick blow on a lot of chapters anyways.