The Evil Misunderstanding

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

Peevxwm POV

 

“I miss you.” I told her as she looked at the sea standing near the cliff. Nkauj Sheng didn’t reply to me and I just can’t help but feel like something was off. “Nkauj Sheng, is everything alright?” I asked her.

“Peevxwm, why don’t I know much about you at all? You know so much about me.” she said.

I turned quiet. At this moment, I wanted to blurt out the truth the most. But I knew I shouldn’t be so rash about this.

“Nyiaj has come back to this village. And you know what?” she turned and looked at me. “He made me saw you in a different light. So if there is anything you’re hiding from me, can you honestly tell me?” she asked me.

“Nkauj Sheng,” I looked at her and melted at her sweet eyes. “I’ll tell you the truth.” I held her hands and brought her closer to me.

“I’m…actually not human.” I said.

Nkauj Sheng looked at me more of which was hurt and betrayal than shock. “So you really are a snake?” She looked at me as her eyes widened.

I looked at her surprised and shocked. How did she know? I never told her anything about this?

“So is it true also? Is it that you’re putting a spell on me so I can like you? Is that why I like you so much?” she asked me as tears fell down her beautiful face.

“Nkauj Sheng, it’s not like that. I know you might be scared that I’m a snake but I never put any spell on you.” I told her.

“You lying monster!” I heard a familiar voice that I almost forgot and then suddenly an arrow came flying my way. I dodged the arrow and pulled Nkauj Sheng behind me.

“Who is it?!” I shouted.

Nyiaj appeared in front of Nkauj Sheng and me. He took out an arrow and put it to is bow. Then he aimed at me. “I’m going to kill you!” he shouted.

“Nkauj Sheng, be careful!” I pushed her behind a tree and dodged the arrow again.

“Today for Nkauj Sheng, I’m going to end it!” Nyiaj shoot another arrow towards me.

I sighed, as I didn’t want Nkauj Sheng to see me like this. But I have no choice. I have to make sure I make this out alive so that I can explain to the truth. I turned into a snake and slithered towards Nyiaj.

“You think changing into your snake form can help you with anything you evil creature?!” Nyiaj persistently shoot arrows towards me.

I used the ground as best as I can to camouflage and went close to him. I took a good look around and saw that Nkauj Sheng has ran away. ! I then slid towards Nyiaj while he was searching for me and bit him as hard as I could before leaving.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

I cried as Peevxwm held onto me tighter. Why does he have to be a snake for real? Why he do all those things to me? “Nkauj Sheng, it’s not like that. I know you might be scared that I’m a snake but I never put any spell on you.” He told me. I looked up to him wanting to believe in him until someone appeared.

“You lying monster!” Nyiaj shot an arrow over at us scaring me. Peevxwm quickly pulled me behind him.

I heard him said something but everything processed so fast that I couldn’t even speak. I was frozen as I didn’t know what to do and was still trying to get that fact through in my head that Peevxwm is not human.

“Nkauj Sheng, be careful!” Peevxwm’s voice pulled me back the reality that he’s going to get killed right now. He then pushed mer behind a tree and dodged the arrow.

“Today for Nkauj Sheng, I’m going to end it!” I heard Nyiaj said before another arrow went flying towards Peevxwm.

I was about to scream for Nyiaj to stop but suddenly Peevxwm turned into a snake. Even though he admitted to it a while ago, now seeing him as a snake really scares me. I got up and ran home afraid.

“Peevxwm,” I stopped when I reached the river. I turned around towards the cliff afraid something will happen and hesitated leave.

What if I’m like this because I’m under a spell? But I really don’t want Peevxwm to die yet. I still haven’t heard his side yet also.

“Nkauj Sheng,” suddenly a snake appeared in front of me and turned into a human. Thaiv.

“D-Don’t come hear me.” I moved away as my tears were still stained on my face.

“Don’t worry about Peevxwm. I’ll go and get him.” Thaiv then turned around to leave. “Oh yeah, don’t worry about Nyiaj neither. We won’t harm him.” Thaiv said and then left.

+++

“Nkauj Sheng and Mai Cee,” my mom came to Mai Cee and me while we were making lunch the next day.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You’re father is always so busy with his shaman job,” my mom sighed and came to us. “Can you two go and chop woods? We’re going to be out of them soon.” My mom said.

“No! It’s so heavy!” Mai Cee whined.

“It’s alright, we need them anyways.” I nodded.

“Nkauj Sheng,” Mai Cee hit my arm. “Why do you keep on agreeing to everything huh? I don’t want to go and chop woods!” Mai Cee whined.

“Mai Cee, if you’re the older sister, act like one.” My mom said. “And Nkauj Sheng, why is your face so pale? It’s been like that since yesterday.” My mom said.

“It’s…just that my stomach hurts.” I lied to my mom.

“Oh,” my mom nodded. “Be careful then.” She said.

After eating lunch and cleaning up the dishes, Mai Cee and I headed out. She went ahead of me whining and grumbling. I walked slowly and behind lost in my own thoughts

I can’t stop missing him. Is it normal? Is it because of the spell? Is he hurt? What happened to him? Although I don’t want to see him again, somehow I still want to see him at the same time. I should have wondered why he looked familiar when I only saw him once back then, but the stupid me had no clue.

“Nkauj Sheng! Hurry up! If you keep walking at that pace, we’ll be stuck here forever!” Mai Cee shouted at me.

Oh yeah, and the angry Mai Cee because Nyiaj came and hugged me out of nowhere. I almost forgot that she was angry because I had so many more other things in my mind.

We arrived at a forest near the farm areas and started to chop off some thick branches.

“Nkauj Sheng, I’ll carry the lighter ones okay?” Mai Cee said.

“Okay sister,” I nodded and went back to work. Suddenly I saw a snake and glared at that snake. It could be Peevxwm and I know that for sure now.

 

Peevxwm POV
 

I tried to approach Nkauj Sheng after yesterday’s incident but she wouldn’t leave her house at all. I finally found her chopping some woods, but as if she knew it was me, she gave a hostile look.

“Peevxwm, come here immediately!” Thaiv shouted. I turned around to see his tail disappeared.

I sighed and went after him. Although no matter how much I want to talk to Nkauj Sheng, I knew I shouldn’t considering the situation I’m in right now.

“What is it?” I asked Thaiv when we arrived at a desolated area. “Oh yeah, what did you do to Nyiaj?” I asked him. “If we go too far in injuring him, Nkauj Sheng might want to avoid me for the rest of our lives.” Just the thought of it made my heart hurt.

“I found this from Nyiaj and tied him to the tree by the cliff.” Thaiv threw a bag to me. “Don’t touch them,” he warned me.

I opened them and saw the infamous red beans that my father has always told me about. My eyes widen realizing something.

“Nyiaj knows that sorcerer Hwi Chim,” Thaiv and me said together.

“We should head back to Fresh Water and warn everyone. Thank god our king told her the whole story and about these red beans. ” Thaiv said. I looked over at the direction Nkauj Sheng was at and sighed. “Don’t worry about it okay? I try to help talk to her with you.” Thaiv said.

 

~~~

Oh no! Peevxwm didn't get to tell Nkauj Sheng the truth! Now she's afraid of him and confuse while Nyiaj has gone crazy! The black magic he learned has made him evil!