Trouble Times Two

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

After a while, he got up and came to me. “Nkauj Sheng, don’t be afraid of this snake. It’s a water snake, and water snakes don’t harm people.” He told me. I looked at him hesitantly as he reached out his hand. “I promise, you can stand behind me if you want.” He told me.

“I’ll believe you,” I told him and grabbed his hands.

We headed towards the snake as it stayed still. Peevxwm patted it and still didn’t move its head like it was going to bite or anything.

“Do you want to try?” he looked at me with hope in his eyes.

“Sure,” I smiled. “I find that if a man can be so kind towards wild animals, then he’s a really good person.” I told him not looking at him and pet the snake.

At first I freaked out because it was my first time touching a snake. But later I felt better touching its scaly skin. I let out a smile feeling relief that this is really not a dangerous snake.

“You know,” I turned and looked at Peevxwm. “I experienced a lot of first times with you.” I told him truthfully.

“Well, be ready to discover more.” He helped me get up. “Go home,” he said to the snake and made me laugh as we turned our backs on it and headed home.

“You talk to snakes?” I asked him.

“Don’t say you never,” he said it so confidently that I decided to just admit to it.

“I did. It was a while ago. I think I kept meeting the same snake so I decided to talk to it. Later I thought it was crazy thing to do though.” I told him honestly.

“Truthfully, I find nothing wrong to talk with animals. They all have their own language we don’t understand so I don’t know why we shouldn’t talk to them.” He told me.

After walking to the right for quite a while, we came to a clear view.

 

cliff_zpsp1sdphqd.png (The cliff)

 

It wasn’t a huge cliff or anything but when you look out of it, you can see the endless sea.

“I can’t show you this during the dawn when the sun’s setting, but I can show you this during the daytime.” He told me.

I looked at him and smiled. “This is perfect,” I told him and took a deep breath of the air here. “Thank you,” I told him quietly.

“For what?” he looked at me confused.

“For showing me how beautiful the world is.” I told him and looked at the view as it captures me into its world.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I glared at Thaiv as he gave me a meek smile. “Sorry?” he said and moved backwards as I went towards him. “Well, at least you know she’s now not afraid of us water snakes.” He told me.

“Thaiv! What were you thinking?! What if you freaked her out even more?!” I shouted at him.

“Dude, dude, calm down.” He told me as I blew my fringes up in annoyance.

 

Flashback:

Did you know that from here, on the other side of the flower field is a cliff with a beautiful view of the sunset?” I asked Nkauj Sheng.

“Huh?” she looked at me confused.

“You need to go places more. It’s very close by your village but you’ve never been there.” I purposely tapped her nose.

“Oh my god!” she suddenly went wide eye and almost fell backwards.

I grabbed onto Nkauj Sheng and turned around to look at the snake. A very familiar snake should I say. “Nkauj Sheng, stay here.” I told her calmly while I was freaking out inside myself at why he was here. I headed towards the snake glaring at him.

“Peevxwm, be careful.” she told me as I got closer to it and bent down to meet eyes with it.

“Thaiv,” I whispered in anger.

“Is it obvious?” Thaiv asked me.

“What are you thinking huh? Why are you here? I thought you were going to look for a girlfriend in Fresh Water!” I asked him.

“I was but I figured that following you around will be funnier. Anyways, I want to see Nkauj Sheng’s reaction to a snake. I right now she looks quite afraid of me.” Thaiv said.

“Of course she would!” I sighed at him. “Anyways, I’ll talk to you later, but you better not do anything to scare off Nkauj Sheng or I’m kicking your .” I told him sternly.

“Fine, I won’t move at all then. I’ll just stay still like this.” He said and got into a comfortable position.

 

I got up and went to Nkauj Sheng smiling hoping that she’s not freaked out. “Nkauj Sheng, don’t be afraid of this snake. It’s a water snake, and water snakes so don’t harm people.” I told her. She looked at me hesitantly as I reached out my hand to her. “I promise, you can stand behind me if you want.” I tried to convince her.

Flashback Ended.

 

“Hey, I actually helped you okay?” Thaiv told me and crossed his arms.

“You still dare to say something like that?” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Well, who do you have to thank that she was willing to touch me for huh? Who do you have to thank that caused her to like snakes even more?” Thaiv asked me. I cleared my throat knowing he was right to some point. “See? Now just admit that I did what’s good for you.” He got arrogant.

“Fine, you win,” I left him.

+++

“Hello,” I went to Nkauj Sheng and Mai Cee who was the mill grinding corn.

“Peevxwm, you came,” Nkauj Sheng smiled to me.

“Do you guys want me to help?” I offered, as I wanted to spend time with Nkauj Sheng.

“Sure,” Mai Cee spoke up. “Nkauj Sheng and you can do this while I go and feed the chicken and pigs.” Mai Cee said and left us alone.

“I’m getting so use to you coming everyday that it’s going to be weird when you go home.” Nkauj Sheng said.

I realized what she mean as I stayed frozen and got lost in my thoughts. She’s right; I have to go back to my fake village that she thinks is far away because she has never heard of it. What should I do? Should I tell her the truth?

“Peevxwm, can you get started?” Nkauj Sheng asked me and I realized that I haven’t even moved yet.

“Sorry,” I rubbed my neck awkwardly and headed to the turning part of the mill.

To get back into my mood, I joked around with her as we worked. I and made her guess random things.

---

“Your skirt is too short,” I .

“I guess it has to go all the way to my legs because even up to the knees is short.” She shot back.

---

“What’s green?” I asked her.

“Grass of course,” she said.

“No, it’s leaves.” I said.

“Grass is also green.” She told me.

“No, grass is grass while leaves are green.” I faked making her argue back.

---

“You care too much about the pigs. This is enough corn.” I lied to her to see her cute reactions.

“Do you not raise pigs in your family? This is not even close to enough.” She argued back.

---

"I'm going to just come and marry you someday," I told her serious.

"Fine, see if you can." she smiled at me charmingly.

"Are you sure? What if you don't want to marry me?" I asked her.

"You won't know until you ask my parents." she told me.

---

While waiting for Nkauj Sheng to come back from putting the corn away I sat down and thought of what I should tell her.

Should I tell her I’m a snake? Should I tell her everything? What if she ignores me after this? What if she leaves me after this? So many reasons made me hesitate that I just decided to tell her first of all before I regret not telling her.

“Sorry, did I take a long time?” Nkauj Sheng came out of house.

“No,” I stood up and faced her. “Nkauj Sheng, I have something important to tell you.” I said to her.

“Huh?” she looked at me with her innocent eyes making me hesitate.

“I’m actually—” before I could say what I want to, her mom came out of the house.

“I’m sorry son, but Nkauj Sheng can’t go hang out with you today. Our family has to go to her uncle’s neeb (a ritual ceremony).” Her mom said.

“Oh, it’s alright.” I nodded.

“Sorry,” Nkauj Sheng gave me an apologetic look. “I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” she told me.

I nodded at her words and waved goodbye to her before leaving. I guess I have to tell her later.

I headed towards the end of the village to the river. All the sudden, Thaiv popped up out of nowhere.

“Why did you come this tim—” before I could finish, Thaiv interrupted me.

“Your dad somehow got poisoned. He’s dying and you have to hurry home!” Thaiv shouted.

“What?” I changed into a snake as fast as I can head into the river to go home as Thaiv followed after me.

 

Nyiaj POV

 

“Pobtsuas, are you alright?” I asked him as he fell into the ground breathing hard.

“Nyiaj, I’m dying of thirst. Get me some water.” He told me with his sore throat.

“Idiot, that’s why I said to not drink so much of your water; don’t worry, Hua Cua Viillage is near here. The lake for water is not far, I’ll go get some so wait a bit.” I told him and ran to the river.

I sighed in relief when I saw a river and ran there. Then I saw the most surprising thing ever, that annoying guy named Peevxwm turned into a snake. He just turned into a snake and entered the river.

 

~~~

And the troubles decided to go come all at once! But don't worry, I don't plan on ending things so quickly yet, there's no fun if the story is too short!

Done Writing All My Chapters! (except the epilogue)