The Start for You and I

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

 (And he's finally bleeding out blood...)

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I followed Nkauj Sheng as she headed to the area where the ivy gourd was planted and picked some putting it in her basket. I appeared in front of her when she saw me; she looked a little surprised but smiled.

“Hello snake, I’ve been seeing you a lot. I guess you live around here then.” She greeted me. All the sudden, she slapped . “Oh my god, I’m going crazy. I’m talking to a snake.” She let out a sigh.

I smiled looking at her. Why is she so adorable? If only I could get permission from my dad then from the water snake king would I be able to pursue her.

“Son,” I thought I heard my mom’s voice and turned around to look. I saw her and dad from a distance.

“Mom? Dad?” I looked at the two of them surprised.

“Come home, we need to talk.” My dad said.

+++

“And did you see that? She wasn’t even scared of our son!” my mom talked excitedly nonstop as she served the fruits on our table in the living room.

I sat across my dad nervous waiting for what he has to say.

“And she’s a funny girl. She realized she was talking to our son that she doesn’t know could talk back to her and slapped . I would love her as a daughter in law. She doesn’t seem like she’ll cause us any harm.” My mom joined my dad, sitting next to him.

“Honey, be quiet now.” My dad told my mom and my mom nodded smiling. Then my dad turned and looked at me, “Fine.” My dad said.

“What?” I looked at him surprised.

“She doesn’t hate you. That’s a good start.” My dad said and left the living room.

“Really dad? Then could we go and consult with the king about this too?” I asked.

“I already set up a meeting with him. Change to formal clothing and let’s go meet him.” My dad said.

“Yes!” I did a high five with my mom and ran to my room.

+++

“Hello,” dad we all greeted the king and bowed down. “Long lives our king.” We all said and bowed once more.

“Get up,” the king said from his seat high up in front of us. We all got up and stood there looking at the king giving him one more bow standing up. “What can I do for you guys that has your whole family here to meet me for?” the king asked.

“Friend, my son has found a maiden that he likes. But she’s human and he wants to pursue her.” My dad said.

“WHAT?!” the king slammed his hands down on his chair. “Don’t you know that we don’t get along with humans?!” the king shouted.

“Yes king, we know. But I really like this girl and I know that she’s the one for me. I swear, if anything happens, I’ll make sure it only happens to me and will bring no harm to anyone else.” I went on my knees.

“Friend, I believe in you but isn’t a human too risky?” the king asked my dad.

“I’m certain that she won’t harm us. We secretly went to take a look at her and she wasn’t afraid nor disgusted of my son as he was in his snake form.” My dad told the king sternly

“Me too king. At first I was against the idea but after meeting that girl, I realized that maybe I as a mother, maybe I can finally achieve my son’s only wish he has ever asked of me.” my mother said making me feel touched.

Before I knew it, my parents joined me on the ground. I looked at my parents feeling thankful and sorry. They really loved me.

“Get up all of you.” The king said. “I’m not a cruel king. I’m just worried for our people. If anything happens again like the last time, I won’t be able to forgive myself.” The king said.

My family got up and I gave the king a big bow. “Thank you king! I promise as a citizen under you, our water snake king, I will do my best not bring harm to all of us.” I told him.

“Alright,” the king gave out a small smile. “I’ll give you permission to pursue that human girl. But,” he took a deep breath. “If I sense danger to the rest of the people, you’ll be locked out from our world and land forever.” The king said.

“Yes, I promise!” I raised my hand to up high to show him my certainty.

“And friend,” the king looked at my dad.

“What is it?” my dad asked.

“Let’s go drinking this week. I’ve been having some troubles.” The king said.

“Okay,” my dad nodded.

I looked at my dad curiously but decided not to question. He will always tell the family what it is at the end.

+++

“You heard what the king said right son?” my dad asked me when we arrived home.

I nodded to my dad and mom.

“Son, promise me,” my mom held my hands tightly. “Don’t cause yourself to be harmed and get locked out. I still want to see my son grow old and be happy with his family.” My mom told me getting teary.

“I’m sorry mom and dad. I know you two are worried but I promise, I won’t ever go too far into disappointing you guys.” I told them.

My mom hugged me and my dad nodded to me before leaving to go upstairs.

+++

Today, Nkauj Sheng should be going to the farm alone because her sister caught a cold. I came out of water and changed into my human form.

I walked towards her and stopped in front of her. She was looking at the ground and didn’t see me causing her to bump into me.

“I’m sorry,” she moved back and looked up to see me.

I smiled to her, “It’s alright.” I told her. “I’m just heading to a village near here. I’m glad I met someone anyways.” I lied to her smoothly.

“Oh, what village are you from then?” she asked me.

“It’s Fresh Water Village,” I sort of lied to her. Fresh Water was the name of the area where I came from.

“Oh, I’ve never heard of that, it must be far.” She told me.

“Yeah, it’s sort of far. Anyways, I’m Peevxwm Cheng, what’s your name?” I asked her.

“I’m Nkauj Sheng Xiong. Nice to meet you.” She smiled to me. “Did you came alone to this village?” she asked me.

“Yeah, none of the guys wanted to join me so I decided to come alone.” I told her.

“I see, you’re a very brave man then.” She told me.

I ended up walking with her to her farm. We finished cutting all the rice and then hit the rice grains out of the crops. During this moment, I talked a lot with her. She smiled to me a lot and answered a lot of questions I asked to her.

“Peevxwm, it’s getting late so let’s go eat lunch.” She said

“Okay,” I followed her back to the farmhouse and she prepared lunch for us to eat.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know I was going to meet you so I only prepared enough for one person. You don’t mind eating with me right?” she asked me.

“Of course,” I smiled to her as she set up the rice and the chicken.

While eating I poked her face just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. She looked at me surprised and then let out as sweet laughter. She then did the same to me making me smile at her charm.

“So do you have anywhere to go for the night?” She asked me as we arrived a few houses away from a house that was most likely hers for I see an auntie resembling Nkauj Sheng.

“Yes, don’t worry about me. I think I can find you in the village tomorrow if you’re not coming back to the farm.” I smiled to her.

I smiled at his words of him coming to find me. “Okay then, if you need help, just come to house.” she told me.

“Okay, bye Nkauj Sheng,” I waved goodbye to her.

She waved to me and headed to her house. I patted myself proud of my work I did today. That Nyiaj guy is not going to win me at this level now.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

I went to bed full of smiles. Peevxwm was his name. He was such a kind and thoughtful person. And there was just something about him that I liked. I woke up earlier than everyone else in a good mood. I started the fire in the house and quickly cooked some rice and fried vegetables.

“Nkauj Sheng, you’re already awake?” my mom got up and asked me.

“Yes mom,” I told her and make the flame bigger. “I was sleeping and heard Mai Cee cough a lot, I don’t think I should have her come with me to the farm today.” I told my mom.

“I know,” my mom sighed. “She’s such a strong girl on the outside but catches colds so easily.” my mom said. Then she suddenly brought out the table and began to set the table.

“Mom, why are you setting up the table so early?” I asked.

“Don’t go to the farm early today and eat here. Going alone is already hard enough so don’t force yourself to go.” My mom said.

“I’m not, don’t worry about me.” I told her.

 

~~~

Hey again, I'm updating fast because right now I'm so motivated with this story. Thanks for reading and please like it a lot. Aren't you guys happy?! He finally got to meet her!