Hwi Chim Enters The Village

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

Mai Cee POV

 

“Dad, how’s Nyiaj doing?” I asked dad.

“Fine, it seems like he just has to rest for he looks like he hasn’t slept for days.” My dad said.

Nkauj Sheng came back home after feeding the pigs. I looked at her and smirked. I saw her went to get a cup of water for herself.

“Nkauj Sheng, sister will do it for you.” I told her sweetly.

“Okay,” Nkauj Sheng smiled towards me and I headed towards our water. Then I purposely spilled the water.

“Oh!” I let out a yell like it was by accident.

“Mai Cee! Why, be more careful! Go and get more water if you’re going to be like this!” my mom shouted.

“Yes,” I turned around and gave Nkauj Sheng an apologetic look. “I’m sorry Nkauj Sheng, I’ll get you your cup of water as soon as possible.” I told her.

“I’ll do it then sister,” Nkauj Sheng came after me.

“No, I’ll do it. I was being clumsy and dropped the water so I should do it.” I told her and left the house before she could reject.

+++

“Where is it?!” I looked around for that plant. After exhausting myself, I sat down and lean on a tree. “Oh!” I smiled as something caught my eyes. I grabbed the Schmeissneria and smiled. “I knew you where out here somewhere.” I let out a laugh satisfied.

+++

I poured the cup of water for Nkauj Sheng and quick put in a bit of the Schmeissneria plant so that the water could quickly soak in the poison. I took my time and after I thought it was good, I took it out.

“Here sister,” I handed the water to her sweetly.

“Thank you,” Nkauj Sheng told me.

She drank the water and looked at me. My eyes quivered, it was at if she found me out. She gave me one of her smiles that I used...or maybe still do, adore her for. I kept staring at her until she drank all the water and smiled satisfied.

+++

“Nyiaj, why aren’t you awake yet?” I went close to him and looked at his face as it looked healthier but he showed no sign of waking up.

“Mai Cee, come help set up the table for breakfast!” mom shouted.

I sighed at her ruining my chances of being alone with Nyiaj and got up. While we all were eating, we heard Nyiaj coughed. I immediately dropped everything and went to his side.

“Nyiaj!” I shouted finding his hand to hold.

“Son, are you awake?” dad came over slowly, with mom and Nkauj Sheng after him.

“Where am I?” he asked so softly.

“You’re inside my house son. My daughter, Mai Cee, found you unconscious and took you here.” My dad said.

“Oh, Mai Cee.” He said recognizing my name. I squealed on the inside excited that he thought of me first before Nkauj Sheng.

“One of you, bring water for this young man.” My dad said to Nkauj Sheng and me.

“I will!” I volunteered and ran to get water for Nyiaj.

After a while, he was fully awake and ate breakfast with us. I took good care of him and made sure Nkauj Sheng had no room to join in. After breakfast, he bowed to our family.

“Thank you for saving me.” he said.

“No problem son,” my dad said. “You’re someone else’s family and if it they hear news of disappointment about you, they’ll be very upset.” My dad said.

“Because I’m very thankful, I’ll go do something for you guys that is a very good thing also.” He said and looked at Nkauj Sheng.

“Nyiaj!” Nkauj Sheng shouted. “Don’t do that!” she said.

“I’m sorry Nkauj Sheng, it’s for your own good.” He told her and quickly got up and left the house.

“Nyiaj!” Nkauj Sheng stopped chopping the banana trees’ boles and stood up to follow after Nyiaj.

I was about to block her but then she suddenly fell down. “Nkauj Sheng!” I was surprised and caught her.

“My daughter!” mom and dad came and they helped put her on the bed.

“What happened?! Why is my daughter like this?!” my dad shouted.

I then remembered, the poison! I made her drink the poison for real! I froze momentarily and started to shake a little afraid of getting caught.

“My daughter, wake up!” mom shook Nkauj Sheng and begun to cry.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I woke up startled and looked around realizing I fell asleep on the couch in the living room. “What happened son?!” my mom came to my side.

“Mom, I really have to go back to earth!” I told her.

“Why? What is it?” my mom looked at me confused.

“I dreamed that Nkauj Sheng got poisoned!” I told her.

“It’s just a dream son, that possibly can’t happen yet. Thaiv didn’t come back from earth to report about Hwi Chim’s arrival. Our trap of making him confused to come to this village is working for a while now.” My mom said.

“No! It was so rea—” before I can finish, Thaiv appeared into our house.

“Bad news Peevxwm, Nkauj Sheng got poisoned!” he said.

“What?!” I stood up more shock now knowing that it’s real.

My parents looked at us surprised. My dad headed to the living room in a hurry.

“Son, then leave. You’re alright now, it’s just that your mother wants to cling onto you. Go and save that human girl.” My dad said.

“Okay,” I got up and left with Thaiv to earth.

“Do you know what kind of poison it is? Let me go and check on her!” I said sliding towards her house.

“It’s poison from the plant Schmeissneria. In ten days, if not given the cure, she’s going to die.” Thaiv told me.

“How do you know?” I changed directions and he followed after me.

“I saw her nails slowly turned black and she grew really pale. Also, her sight became dizzy and she fainted. All that is sign of being poisoned from the Schmeissneria plant.” He told me.

“Wait!” I suddenly braked.

“What is it?” Thaiv looked at me concerned and confused.

“Hwi Chim already has gotten to town! Go and protect Nkauj Sheng. I know where the plant to cure her is so go!” I shouted feeling Hwi Chim get pass the magic the king tried to trap him in.

“Be careful!” Thaiv said and slithered quickly away.

 

Thaiv POV

 

I dashed to Nkauj Sheng’s house and saw that Nyiaj guy leading Hwi Chim in there.

“Son, you’re back?” Nkauj Sheng’s mom looked at them surprised.

“Yes, auntie. And I brought along someone who can help Nkauj Sheng.” Nyiaj, that lying jerk, said.

“How did you know our daughter was going to get sick?” Nkauj Sheng’s mom looked at him surprised.

“Because she’s been put under a spell by a snake. And now that she’s tricked to believing she loves the snake, she’s dying.” That old man Hwi Chim said.

Lies! That’s nothing but lies! We snakes are not that evil to be going and putting spells on people. And not especially when Peevxwm loves Nkauj Sheng so much! He would never hurt her, please don’t believe in them!

Nkauj Sheng’s mom gasped. “Husband! Come out!” she shouted.

“What is it?” Nkauj Sheng’s dad came out of the house.

“This man knows how to cure our daughter! Apparently she met a snake! I told you, my dream about a snake wasn’t useless!” her mom shouted.

“Really? Can you guys cure my daughter then? She suddenly fainted not long after you left son.” Her dad looked at Nyiaj.

“First of all, let’s enter the house.” Nyiaj then led Hwi Chim inside.

I went to the other side of wall and found a big enough crack for me to get through. I watched as the older sister stayed far away from Nkauj Sheng. And that’s how I knew, who poisoned Nkauj Sheng.

“Yep, this is just like how I thought it was going to be. That snake wants to take your daughter away with him. So he put a spell to make her die so he take her spirit away.” Hwi Chim lied.

“No way!” Nkauj Sheng’s mom shook her head furiously. “Mai Cee, did you guys see any snakes?” her mom asked Mai Cee.

“Yes mom. There was this one time when we went to get some banana tree boles and a snake appeared out of nowhere. We quickly hurried home scared.” Mai Cee said.

“Also auntie, when I first met Nkauj Sheng, she was screaming because she saw a snake. And that snake, appeared many times in front of her.” Nyiaj said with a hint of jealousy.

You jealous jerk! You’re just an annoying kid who can’t handle the thought that of letting someone else win when you can’t!

“Now, let me take care of this.” Hwi Chim took out the black beans! This is how one of the princesses in the past, or more correctly the king’s sister, has died. And not only Fresh Water's princess, but many more of the princesses in other areas too!

That black beans that tortures the person inside out and then goes inside their memories. No! He’s going to use those beans to torture Nkauj Sheng and poison Peevxwm from far away. If Nkauj Sheng really loves Peevxwm, he’s going to get poisoned and she’s going to die!

I tried to fit through the crack but it seems like Hwi Chim as used some kind of spell. I couldn’t breath as soon as I went inside the house. No, Nkauj Sheng! Fight against it! Fight against it!

 

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

I was dreaming about Peevxwm us running around the field of chamomiles. I was dreaming of us looking out at the view from the cliff. I was dreaming of his smiles. I was dreaming of how he runs to me every time he sees me.

“AHHHHHHH!!!!!!” I screamed when a piercing sound came right into me. I heard some crazy chanting that I couldn’t understand a thing about. “AHHHHH!!!!!” I screamed as it hurts like hell. I saw myself bleeding as I feel to the ground as I clutched onto my chest.

“Nkauj Sheng!” I heard Peevxwm shouted my name and looked up. All the suddenly, something invisible flew right at him and he spitted out blood.

“Peev…” I threw up blood as the chanting became clearer and Peevxwm’s image became further away. I reached out to touch him but I couldn’t and my chest seemed to tighten even more.

 

~~~

Yeah, the bad guy has entered the village. He had to at some point right?

And Peevxwm, go and get her medicine for her! Be strong!