Time To Rest And Heal For Everyone Right?

The Snake and the Human's Love Story

Nkauj Sheng POV

 

“Nkauj Sheng!” a snake came close to me and transformed into Thaiv. “Had you seen Peevxwm?” he asked me out of breath.

“No! What happened?!” I panicked.

“Since yesterday when I went to talk to you, I have never heard from him since.” Thaiv told me.

“What?! Why? Did anything happened yesterday?” I asked worried.

“Nyiaj found us and Peevxwm told me to come and protect you while he distracts Nyiaj.” Thaiv told me.

“Protect me from what? And Peevxwm, what if he got hurt?” I asked.

“There is a sorcerer coming into this village because Nyiaj told him about us snake turning humans. That sorcerer is going to use you to lure out Peevxwm and kill all of us snakes. He was worried you’ll get hurt because that sorcerer is well known for his evil black magic, so he asked me to take care of you.” Thaiv told me.

“The problem was this big?!” I took a deep breath to calm down. “First of all, let’s split of and look for Peevxwm. After two hours, we both have to come back here no matter what!” I told Thaiv.

“Okay, be careful.” He told me and left.

I quickly ran into a random direction carrying tightly to my knife. I entered a forest and looked around.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I shook so hard that I fell down and split out a bunch of blood. What kind of poison is this?! Why won’t it come out of my body?! All the sudden I got dizzy and Nkauj Sheng came into my mind.

 

Flashback:

Nkauj Sheng went inside her house and I waited for her outside. After a while, she came out of her house and handed a beautifully sewn pouch.

“What’s this pouch for?” I looked up at her.

“Take it as a good luck charm for you. I made it for you in case you were leaving so that you have something to protect you along the way.” She told me.

I smiled as I took a look at the charm that was white with nine stars sewed on it. “Nine stars mean what?” I smiled as I asked her.

“I don’t know. I just tried to sew as many starts there as I can nicely and it ended up being nine. But I’ll give it a meaning for you,” she covered the pouch with my hands and blew on it. “To protect you forever and keep you safe.” She said.

Flashback Ended.

 

I reached for the pouch, which was on me. I grabbed it and held it tightly in my hands. Suddenly, everything became better.

“Peevxwm! Peevxwm!” I heard her voice shouting my name.

If this is a dream, I don’t want to ever wake up. I miss her so much that even hearing her voice calms me down. I can hear breathing went from having a hard time catching air to breathing normally. The poison finally subsidized. So that was the cure, to have something that can make the your breathing easy and normal. The poison made it almost impossible until I heard Nkauj Sheng’s voice.

“Peevxwm!” suddenly I felt a warmth all over me. I opened my eyes and saw Nkauj Sheng.

“Nkauj Sheng,” I reached out to touch her. “Is it really you?” I asked as I caress her face.

“Peevxwm! You idiot! If you’re going to get hurt like this, you should fight back properly!” Nkauj Sheng cried. “And also, how could you just leave without explaining everything for me to understand!” I wiped her tears as they fell down to me.

“Don’t cry Nkauj Sheng,” I felt myself tearing up. “Is this real?” I asked hoping to get a reply.

“Is it! And if you die, I’m going to die also so please, stay with me!” she cried.

“I love you,” I told her.

“Peevxwm!” I heard Thaiv’s voice come closer. “Are you alright?!” he grabbed me and carried me behind his back.

“Yes, I finally got the poison out.” I assured the both of them.

 

Nkauj Sheng POV
 

They arrived at a lake and Thaiv stopped me. “I’m sorry Nkauj Sheng, but it’s best that you don’t come with us.” He told me.

“I understand, just make sure Peevxwm is alright.” I said.

Thaiv nodded as he entered the water in his human form with Peevxwm on his back. Then they disappeared into the water. I wiped my tears away as I kept staring at the water.

“Nyiaj! Nyiaj!” I saw Mai Cee holding onto Nyiaj as he had one of his arms around her shoulder as she came towards me.

“Mai Cee, what are you doing here?” I asked surprised.

“I went looking for you everywhere because you didn’t return home! Mom said not to tell dad until he comes back if you weren’t. Instead, of finding you though, I found my unconscious Nyiaj.” Mai Cee glared at me.

“What about the banana tree boles?” I asked her.

“ Hurry up with it and then follow me home. I’m going to take Nyiaj to our house so that we can treat him.” Mai Cee said and slowly walked making sure Nyiaj doesn’t tilt over.

I quickly cut the bole as much and as fast as I could before following them. Luckily, Mai Cee was going so slowly so I caught up in no time and helped her support him on his way home.

 

Peevxwm POV

 

I hope up to hearing my mom’s crying voice.

“Mom? Dad?” I asked as I opened my eyes.

“My son!” my mom hugged me. “Sorry doctor,” my mom suddenly bowed to the doctor.

I looked around and saw that I was in my room and that the doctor was here along with my mom, dad, and Thaiv. “Is Nkauj Sheng alright?” I looked at Thaiv.

“Worry about yourself bro. The doctor said you had a really weird poison inside of you. It seems like you took out most of it but you were still unconscious. That’s why your mom was freaking out and crying.” He said.

I nodded and looked at my parents. “Sorry mom and dad, I’m such a bad son making you guys worry over me.” I told them.

“Not at all son, not at all.” My dad patted my hand as my mom stopped crying and held onto me tightly.

“Peevxwm, I’m curious,” the doctor spoke making me look over at him. “We’ve never been poisoned my such thing before. How did you know how to get it out of you?” he asked me.

“I actually didn’t know. I went to a quiet area and tried to mediate. But the poison wouldn’t allow me to breathe properly without me feeling like I was going out of breath.” I thought about what happened. “Until I heard Nkauj Sheng’s voice, everything turned calm and I could breath normally again.” I told him.

“So you’ve been cured because of how you’re breathing?” the doctor asked me.

“I believe so. As soon as I breathed normally again, I felt the poison leave my body.” I told him.

+++

I woke up again still feeling quite weak. “Mom, where’s Thaiv?” I asked.

“He left to go to earth and keep watch. Just rest for a while okay?” mom said as she saw me trying to get up.

“But I can’t let Thaiv do this all alone,” I got up.

“Yeah, you can’t. But you can’t go and help him in this state either.” My dad appeared.

“Dad,” I looked at him and knew he was right.

“Just rest first. No questions asked or excuses are to come out of your mouth until your mom and I think you’re well enough.” My dad said.

 

Mai Cee POV

 

“Mai Cee, you know never do this again you hear me.” my dad was about to finish is shouting with me. I mentally sighed in my head annoyed that he was going to continue nagging at me for that long. “Even if someone is hurt, you can’t just bring them into the house regardless.” My dad said.

“I got it,” I pretended to me remorseful.

Dad finally left and entered the house as I stayed outside to cool off and finish my acting.

“Sister, are you alright?” Nkauj Sheng came up to me making me feel annoyed. “I told you we should leave him outside for a while until dad comes home. Anyways, dad didn’t say anything too hurtful to you did he?” she asked me.

“I’m fine,” I sighed a moved away from her. I wish I could just poison her to death. That way, she can’t steal Nyiaj or be the good girl in the family.

Wait…poison her?

 

I smiled as I looked at Nkauj Sheng who headed inside the house.

"Daughters, I also have something to say." mom said inside the house. "Mai Cee come inside and listen." mom said.

"Yes," I entered the house and sat down next to my mom and dad. Nkauj Sheng soaked the rice with water and joined us.

"I dream again that one of you were going to get married. A family came into my dream and asked for you one of you girls' hand in marriage for a lot of gold." mom said.

I sighed in my head. Not this again, why is she so worked up about a dream?

"I was dreaming the same thing as your mother. And because it was just a dream, I said yes. But your mother's afraid." dad said.

"Of course I am. I was told never to take a mother's dream about her children lightly. Anyways, that family doesn't look normal so be careful." mom told us.

"Honey, don't get all work up about a dream. We should be happy if we get gold for marrying off one of our daughters. If only that dream was real." dad said and mom smacked his shoulder.

"I disagree! I will not marry off any of my daughter to such strange people, you two hear?" mom looked at Nkauj Sheng and me.

"Yes," Nkauj Sheng and me answered. I looked over at her saw some sort of emotion flashed through of face but chose to ignore it.

 

~~~

I really didn't want to write about Nyiaj because he just annoys me (even though I made him up). But I was like, if I don't write about him, we won't get to see the rest of his evil deeds.

Anyways, that dream~ Nkauj Sheng seems to understand it a bit.