spidey senses

Tis the Season for Love

kyungsoo and jongin have an unwanted guest during date night
what a lame description but i couldn't come up with anything else OTL
just wanted to write something lighthearted before the semester started (it's starting in 2 weeks kill me now pls)
words: 1.1k
warning: this was sorta written randomly so sorry if it's kinda ty 


At first, Kyungsoo doesn’t think much of the little black dot on the floor that’s right by his slippers. He stares at it for a second before turning his attention back to the movie playing on the TV and cuddles closer to Jongin.

However, when he looks back down at the floor out of curiosity, the little black dot is gone and he suddenly grows tense.

“Jongin,” he whispers as he pokes the younger in the stomach, “I think there’s a bug in the living room.”

Jongin tears his eyes from the screen and looks down at the elder. “What? A bug?”

“Yeah. I saw something near my slipper but when I looked back, it was gone. Jongin, what if it’s a spider?”

Jongin could sense the fear in his boyfriend’s tone, knowing fully well that he hated spiders with a burning passion. He straightens up and starts to look around his surroundings, trying to spot that little spider that scared Kyungsoo out of his wits.

“No, get up and look for it. Who knows if it’s on the TV stand or on the bookshelf?” Kyungsoo whines as he pulls his knees up to his chest and pushes Jongin off the couch.

Jongin lets out a sigh and starts to wander around his entire living room in search for the arachnid. All he wanted to do was enjoy a nice movie with his significant other but instead, he was sent on a hunt to kill a tiny little spider that he wasn’t even sure was in his apartment.

He bends down to check under the coffee table when he hears a shrill scream, making him jump up and hit his head with a loud bang. He groans in pain and slowly gets off the floor. “What? Did you find it, hyung?”

Kyungsoo’s face is pale and he’s backed himself into a small ball on one side of the couch. He points a shaky finger to the opposite arm rest and Jongin squints his eyes, having a hard time making out the little spider.

“Stop staring at it and kill it!” Kyungsoo shrieks, looking as if he’s about to cry any second.

“Oh, that is a spider.” Jongin blinks as he finally spots the black spider. It’s a tiny little thing and to this day, he still doesn’t understand why the elder is so afraid of them.

Jongin grabs a tissue and he creeps toward the spider. He’s soon standing above it and he bends down a bit to get a good look at it. It’s just chilling on his couch, eight wiry thin legs spread out. He takes in a breath and he slaps the tissue down on it. 

Kyungsoo flinches at the loud thump and he hesitantly asks, “Is it dead?”

“We’ll find out now.”

Jongin lifts up the tissue but much to his surprise, the spider is gone. His face falls and he drops a soft “oh ”. 

“What? What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo presses, daring to lean forward a bit.

Jongin looks at him sheepishly and awkwardly laughs. “I thought I killed it but now it’s gone and I have absolutely no idea where it is.”

Kyungsoo quickly leaps off the couch in fear that it could be right behind him on the wall. He takes cover behind Jongin’s broad back and he wraps his arms around his waist. “Jongin, please just kill it before that thing comes for us,” he pleaded.

Jongin chuckles and he turns around to look at the man. “Hyung, it’s a tiny little spider. It’s not gonna kill us so relax, okay?”

Kyungsoo gives him a look and Jongin bends down to peck his lips. “But don’t worry, I’ll kill it. Just for you.”

Kyungsoo pulls him down for another quick kiss and he gives him a little fist pump. “I believe in you. Now kill it. I swear to god, Jongin, if you don’t kill it, I’m gonna leave.”

“Okay, okay,” Jongin sighs. He takes off his slipper and wields it as a samurai would wield a sword and he starts to scour his apartment for the spider that was threatening his date night with Kyungsoo.

Every little step he took, Kyungsoo was right behind him hot on his heels. He didn’t want to be left alone knowing that there was a spider in the room (even though he wasn’t technically alone because Jongin was with him). 

The two looked through the living room twice and Jongin was ready to give up when he noticed the familiar black spot on the wall above the couch. His lips curl into a smirk and he whispers, “Gotcha.”

Kyungsoo whips his head to the side and sticks closer to Jongin. “You found it? Where is it?”

Jongin points his slipper at the wall and Kyungsoo gasps. “That’s right where I was sitting! What if it crawled on me to get up there? Jongin, ing kill it!

“Don’t need to say that twice.”

Jongin creeps toward the couch, trying not to scare the spider away. He carefully gets on the couch and he’s soon face to face with the arachnid. He lifts his slipper up and he says, “Sorry buddy but it’s time.”

Jongin!” Kyungsoo moans in desperation, bouncing on the balls of his feet nervously.

Jongin takes in a breath and he slams his slipper against the wall loudly. The sound resounds through the apartment and he slowly peels his slipper off, a squashed black spider smudging his wall and the bottom of his shoe.

“Hyung, can you hand me a tissue?” He calls out as he reaches a hand out behind him.

Kyungsoo practically throws the whole box of tissues towards him and Jongin wipes the remnants of the spider off the wall with a triumphant smile on his face. He then cleans off his slipper and he slips it back on his foot. He gets off the couch and gestures to the wall with a flourish.

“Spider? Dead.” He announces with a proud smile on his face.

Kyungsoo lets out a breath of relief, finally feeling at ease. “Thank god that thing is gone. Thanks, Jongin.”

“Anything for you, hyung,” he grins. He presses his lips against his cheek as he makes his way to the bathroom to flush the remains of the spider down the toilet.

Jongin’s soon back on the couch with Kyungsoo in his arms, the two enjoying their movie again at last. The younger is playing the elder’s hair and he tilts his head to the side. “You know, you still haven’t told me why you hate spiders so much.”

Kyungsoo shudders at the thought of the eight legged arachnid and he scowls. “I’d rather not talk about it.”

Jongin frowns at the unsatisfactory answers he gets and out of spite, he points to the wall and deadpans, “I think there’s another spider.”

Kyungsoo screams and Jongin can’t help but laugh.