that's my man

Tis the Season for Love

just a short fluffy oneshot inspired by these pics and the convo my bff and i had about them
let's be real guys he has some serious soft bf vibes going on in those pics
word count: 983
warning: it's kinda crappy and 
i also didn't really edit it much so it's kinda meh


Jongin leaned back against his chair as he heaved a sigh. He ran a hand through his hair and stretched his back, letting out a low groan when he felt a pop. He then slumped forwards, cheek smushed against the cool surface of his desk, with his lips protruded in a pout.

 

“Dude, you good?” Sehun asked as he rolled his chair back and hit Jongin’s.

 

“I’m tired,” the man whined as he sat up.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and rolled back to his desk. “Like you’re the only one. There’s just an hour left so it up and pretend like you’re doing something so Yunho doesn’t chew you out.”

 

Jongin frowned as he got up from his seat. “Whatever. I’m gonna take a quick walk around.”

 

“Oh, get me a coffee while you’re at it?”

 

“Get it yourself.”

 

“Wow. Rude.”

 

Jongin snorted and he stuffed his hands into his pockets as he walked around the marketing department to stretch out his legs. He made a beeline for the bathroom and as he was patting his damp hands against his pants, he felt his phone vibrate. He pulled it out of his back pocket and smiled when he saw that it was a text from Kyungsoo.

 

To: Nini
you hanging in there alright?

 

Jongin had to bite back a smile as he read the message and replied.

 

To: Soo
just barely but 
i’ll be okay :’)
what are you up to?

 

The next message came not too long after.

 

To: Nini
i’m actually out rn

 

To: Soo
really? that’s a surprise

 

To: Nini
pls
oh is there something you want to eat tonight?

 

Before Jongin could reply, he heard someone clearing their throat off to the side. He looked up and his face paled when he saw his supervisor, Yunho, giving him the stink eye. He nervously laughed as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket and then ran back to his desk.

 

After what felt like an eternity, the work day was finally over. Jongin packed his bag quickly and threw on his jacket. He looked over his shoulder and saw Sehun still hunched over his desk. “You’re not leaving yet?”

 

Sehun straightened up and he turned around, a surprised look on his face. “It’s time to go?”

 

Jongin looked at him incredulously and shook his head. “You’re unbelievable. What the hell were you doing?”

 

The blonde saved all of his work and turned off his computer. “Just texting Luhan. I’m gonna meet him up for food later. Wanna come with?”

 

The two made their way to the elevator and Jongin pulled out his phone. He opened up his messages and realized that he had yet to respond back to Kyungsoo. “I’m good. I think I’m gonna grab something to eat with Kyungsoo,” he said as he mulled over his answer, the elevator door opening in the meantime.

 

The trip down to the lobby was quick and uneventful, both men on their phones texting their boyfriends. The moment the doors opened and Jongin looked up, his heart skipped when he saw Kyungsoo talking to Baekhyun.

 

“Hyung!” Jongin called out as he ran towards the man.

 

Kyungsoo turned his attention from Baekhyun and smiled when he saw Jongin. “Hey.”

 

Despite still being in front of his friends/coworkers, Jongin couldn’t resist becoming the excited puppy he was when he saw Kyungsoo. He loved it whenever he wore his glasses and dad hats because it just made him look so soft. 

 

Baekhyun and Sehun watched in amusement as Jongin skidded to a stop in front of the elder and shyly played with his bag. “What are you doing here? I thought you were out.”

 

Kyungsoo pushed up his glasses and chuckled. “Well, I am technically out. And I thought I would surprise you and drive you home.”

 

Jongin melted at his words. Kyungsoo never failed to make him feel so loved and it just made him fall harder for the man. He bit back a smile as he reached out for his hand and intertwined their fingers. “You weren’t busy today?”

 

“There wasn’t much to do today so I just cleaned up the house, did the groceries, and decided to pick you up. By the way, are you okay with doenjang jjigae? You didn't respond back to my text so I just chose something random.” Kyungsoo looked at him from underneath the hat’s brim.

 

“When do I ever say no to your cooking?”

 

Baekhyun and Sehun looked at each other and then simultaneously gagged. 

 

“God, get a room! Some of us are still single, y’know!” Baekhyun shouted as he stomped towards the door.

 

“I’m not single but this is pretty gross,” Sehun added as he trailed behind Baekhyun with a mock frown.

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo watched as the men left before turning their eyes back to each other. 

 

“So, you ready to go? I actually have the car parked right out front. More like it’s still running since I thought this would be quick but yeah,” Kyungsoo said with a small smile.

 

Jongin nodded and the two finally left the building. Kyungsoo’s Forester was right in front of the entrance, engine still on and hazard lights on. The elder unlocked the door and the two jumped into the car.

 

“Oh my god, you warmed up the seats too?” Jongin gasped as soon as his bottom sank into the toasty leather seat.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled as he turned off the hazards and reached for his seat belt. “Of course I did. It always gets chillier at night and it is my duty to keep your buns warm.”

 

Jongin laughed as he clicked his seat belt into the buckle. “As expected of my man.”

 

Kyungsoo’s lips tugged into a half smirk before stretching into a full blown smile as he shifted the gear into drive and started to pull away from the building. “You know it."