hairy situation

Tis the Season for Love

jongin accidentally walks in on fem!soo shaving her legs
so i should be studying for my biochem midterm but then i started procrastinating and looking through my drabbles and thought this was done so here's this piece of garbage
words: 1k
warning: unedited and slight fluff???


Jongin takes in a deep breath and exhales slowly. Butterflies are fluttering around in his stomach and he can’t shake the nerves despite it being his third date with Kyungsoo. He’s half an hour early and is standing in front of her apartment door, staring blankly at the gray entrance while muttering nervously under his breath.

 

“Oh god, am I too early? I feel like I’m too early. Should I ring the doorbell? What if she’s not home? But she should be since I said I was going to pick her up,” he says to himself, nervously running a hand through his hair.

 

He closes his eyes for a moment and sighs deeply. He opens his eyes back up and shakes out his arms and legs and braces himself. He raises a fist and shyly knocks on the door, the sound echoing in the quiet hallway.

 

“One second!”

 

The door swings open and Jongin smiles shyly at Minseok, Kyungsoo’s roommate.

 

“Hey Minseok,” he greets.

 

The petite girl grins at him and she nods at the inside of the apartment. “Hey, Jongin. You’re pretty early. Wanna wait inside?”

 

“If you don’t mind.”

 

Minseok chuckles and she gestures the boy to come in. Jongin toes off his shoes at the entrance and follows after the girl like a lost puppy. He stands in the middle of the living room while fiddling with the hem of his shirt, looking around the apartment with wide eyes. The girl notices his awkwardness and she laughs. “Sit down on the couch. It’s not like I’m going to bite you.”

 

Jongin wobbly smiles and he takes a seat on the couch. His back is straight, legs pressed together with his hands folded neatly over his lap. Minseok snorts as she pours herself a glass of water. “Relax, Jongin. I’m not her mother and I’m not going to disapprove of your relationship with Soo so chill out,” she shouts from the kitchen.

 

“Right,” he breathily says as he tries to relax a bit.

 

He manages to sit a bit more comfortably but he soon grows nervous again. He gets up from his seat and sheepishly smiles. “Sorry Minseok, but do you mind if I use the bathroom?”

 

“Go ahead, it’s right here. Oh wait, Kyungsoo is still—“

 

Before she can even finish her sentence, Jongin walks over and swings the door open. He freezes when he sees Kyungsoo standing in just a towel wrapped around her torso, leg propped up on the side of the bath tub with shaving cream all over her calf and a razor in her hand. 

 

Kyungsoo slowly looks up and Jongin stands there, gaping like a fish out of water. He knows he should look away but his eyes unconsciously lower until he’s downright staring at her milky legs that are half shaven.

 

The girl notices him looking at her legs and she finally snaps out of her daze to let out an ear piercing scream as she tries to cover herself up. Jongin jumps at the sudden shriek and he hastily backs out, shutting the door the behind him. He presses himself flat against the door and Minseok soon slides into view. Her face is pink and she awkwardly grins. “Forgot to tell you that Kyungsoo was still in there.”

 

“That would’ve been a really nice to know before I walked in on her shaving her legs,” he says shakily.

 

Kyungsoo emerges from the bathroom twenty minutes later fully clothed and cheeks red from feeling mortified. Jongin is sitting back on the couch, shoulders hunched over and face buried in his hands. She carefully approaches him and clears . His head shoots up and his eyes widen at the sight of the girl standing in front of her. Out of nowhere, he drops to his knees and clasps his hands together while tearfully apologizing to her. “I-I’m so sorry I walked in on you shaving. I didn’t mean to and I probably should’ve waited until Minseok finished talking before walking into the bathroom and—oh god, I’m am so sorry. I’ll understand if you don’t want to go on the date anymore.”

 

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo interjects.

 

The boy looks up and she lets out a sigh. She drops down to the floor to look him in the eye and says, “I don’t want you to go. You probably would’ve walked in on me shaving either way because the lock has been broken for a little while. I’ll admit that I’m feeling extremely embarrassed but hey, at least we have something we can laugh about during the date, right?"

 

Jongin blinks and his eyebrows scrunch up in confusion. “Wait, so you’re not mad at me walking in on you shaving your legs?”

 

Her face grows pink and she shakes her head. “Embarrassed but it’s fine so stop beating yourself up over it.”

 

“Oh thank god,” he sighs in relief, holding a hand over his racing heart. “I thought you were going to kick me out and never want to see me again and that would really because I really like you.”

 

Kyungsoo shyly tucks her bangs behind her ear and she smiles at him. “I really like you too.”

 

Jongin’s face lights up and he reaches out for her hand, shyly hooking his pink with hers. “I really really like you.”

 

“I really really really like you.”

 

Minseok lets out a gag from the kitchen and she scowls. “Okay, you guys really like each other. Now can you please go out for your date? I’m getting cavities just watching the two of you staring at each other with googly eyes.”

 

Jongin helps Kyungsoo up from the floor and flashes a small shy smile at the girl. His eyes then wander down to her pale legs and he tilts his head to the side. “Huh, so that’s what your legs look like.”

 

Kyungsoo gasps and she punches the boy in the arm. Hard. Jongin groans and he nurses his arm with a sheepish grin. “Too soon?”

 

“Just a bit."