blanket burrito

Tis the Season for Love

kyungsoo always knows what to do with jongin when he has a bad day but when the tables turn, jongin takes a different approach from the usual
i'm having a super bad day and tbh i just need someone to wrap me in a blanket burrito and just talk to me
words: 1k
warning: fluff(?) and minor mistakes
if anyone has any prompts they would like to send me, send them here c: 


Every time Jongin had a bad day or was upset, Kyungsoo comforted the boy with a strategy that was developed over the three years of dating him. It started with a kiss on the cheek the moment he saw that frown on his face and asking how his day was. That would lead the younger to rambling on and on about what made his day crappy. Then Kyungsoo would pull him close and give him a big warm hug while muttering words of comfort. Then he would turn on the TV to play the boy’s favorite show, drape his favorite blanket over his shoulders, hand him his chicken thigh plush, and play with his hair while he rested on his lap. After three hours or so, Jongin would be happy and good to go like normal.

On the other hand, every time Kyungsoo had a bad day—and it was rare— Jongin would freak out as if it were the end of the world. He would try everything ranging from cuddling with him to cooking for him to even leaving him alone but he never really did succeed at comforting the elder. No matter how much coercing he did, the other man would never spill the beans and just go to sleep with a frown on his face.

However, Jongin had a plan this time around. He was randomly scrolling through his newsfeed on Facebook when he saw a post and he just knew that it would work with Kyungsoo. It had to and if it didn’t, he would just throw himself out the window.

On a beautiful but chilly Thursday night, Kyungsoo stormed into his apartment and slammed the door close. Jongin jumped up from the couch and he watched the elder grumble under his breath as he kicked off his shiny oxfords and loosened his tie.

“Soo, is everything okay?” Jongin asked cautiously, knowing that his boyfriend was prone to blowing up on days like these.

Kyungsoo stopped on his way to the bedroom. His shoulders deflated, he looked up at the ceiling, and he let out a big sigh. He turned around and forced the brightest smile he could. “Everything’s okay.”

Jongin stared at him worriedly but said nothing. The elder nodded at him and let went into the bedroom to change out of his stuffy work clothes. He soon emerged in a pair of comfortable black sweats and his favorite Star Wars t-shirt. He made his way in the kitchen and looked into the fridge. “Is there anything you want to eat? I’ll make it for you tonight,” he said loudly.

Jongin continued to watch him until he got off the couch and headed to the kitchen. He gently pulled the elder’s head out of the appliance and closed it. Kyungsoo turned around with a scowl. “What are you doing? I’m trying to get dinner started.”

“Let’s just order in tonight,” the taller said softly as he pulled the other man towards the couch.

Kyungsoo gave him a weird look but allowed the younger to drag him to the couch. He sat down on the couch and watched the other man with curious eyes as he disappeared to the bedroom. Jongin hauled out the spare blanket, the pastel blue checkered one that Kyungsoo really liked, and made his way back to the couch with it.

“What are you—“

Jongin started to wrap the man in the blanket and Kyungsoo’s eyebrows scrunched together. He let out a sigh of exasperation and tried to throw the blanket off of himself. “Jongin, seriously, what the hell are you doing?”

“Just be quiet and let me do my thing, okay? You always manage to cheer me up whenever I’m feeling down and now it’s my turn. Now shush and let me do my thing.” Jongin frowned, pausing in the middle of wrapping Kyungsoo up.

The elder look at him in disbelief. “Me? Feeling down? That’s ridiculous. I’m totally fine so just let me—“

Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo flinched a bit because he knew that Jongin never really addressed him by his full name unless it was something serious, even if he was the older one in the relationship. He let out a sigh of defeat and closed his eyes. “Do you worst,” he muttered.

Jongin’s face lit up and he continued ministrations. He wrapped Kyungsoo up into a blanket burrito with just his head sticking out. He then the TV and quickly flipped through the channels just to stop on one that was showing his favorite medical drama. Afterwards he ordered some pizza, Kyungsoo’s guilty pleasure, and finally took a seat on the couch.

Kyungsoo turned his head to look at his lover and Jongin snorted. “You look like a caterpillar with a lot of hair.”

“Jongin, what are you doing? I told you I’m fine,” Kyungsoo sighed.

Jongin pulled him close and rested his head on his shoulder. “We both know that’s not true. You never like to talk about your day, especially when it’s a bad one, so just let me make it slightly better by doing my thing, okay?”

At that moment, the doorbell rang and Kyungsoo arched an eyebrow. “Who’s that?”

“Just the pizza delivery guy!” Jongin shouted as he ran to the bedroom to grab his wallet. He slid back to the door and opened it up with a grin. He paid the delivery man and Kyungsoo could’ve sworn the man gave him a weird look before going on his way.

“I got your favorite: mushroom with extra cheese on one pie and buffalo chicken on the other,” Jongin announced as he set the boxes on the coffee table.

Kyungsoo leaned forward in interest and a small smile spread on his face when the younger opened up the boxes. “God I love you. But how am I supposed to eat if you swaddled me in this blanket. Which, by the way, is starting to make me sweat a bit.”

Jongin carefully unwrapped him just enough so that he could get his arms out. Kyungsoo thanked him and started to eat their dinner. The two ate while watching the medical drama on TV and suddenly, Kyungsoo asked, “But seriously Jongin, why are you doing this? I’m fine, I promise.”

Jongin swallowed the mouthful of buffalo chicken pizza in his mouth and lowered the slice. He let out a breath and he looked at the grease stained box forlornly. “Whenever I come home feeling upset, you always know what to do to make me feel better. Every time you come home upset—and that doesn’t happen really often—I freak out trying to make you feel better and I feel like I make you feel even worse. I just wanted to do a better job this time around and prove that I’m not that useless.”

Kyungsoo was taken aback by the younger man’s sudden confession. He set down his pizza slice, dusted off his hands, and pulled him in for a hug. “Oh Jongin, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know I made you feel this way.”

Jongin nuzzled his face into Kyungsoo’s neck when he suddenly pulled away. “Wait! This is about you being upset, not me. Honestly Kyungsoo, all I ask of you is to share with my how your day went, crappy or not. And clearly, you had a crappy day today.”

“Since you want to know so badly, I’ll tell you,” Kyungsoo said as he wrapped himself into a blanket burrito once again. “During lunch, I really had to pee since one of my coworkers bought me a venti peach green tea lemonade and you know how I can’t resist it. So I drank it, not all at once obviously, but pretty quickly to the point where I had to use the bathroom nearly every hour. And right when I walk into the bathroom, I see hear moans and I just start screaming bloody murder because who in their right mind has in the office bathroom in the middle of the day? Baekhyun and Chanyeol stumble out of a stall, begging me not to say anything while they try to put their clothes back on. Then right after lunch, one of the stupid interns ed up the copies that I told her to make for the meeting later in the day and I got chewed out for it instead of her. And to put the cherry on top of it all, I have to be the one who babysits all the new interns tomorrow because apparently no one can do it. So there, that’s how my day went."

Jongin stared at him with wide eyes, completely in shock by the quick recap of Kyungsoo’s day. He then threw his arms around the blanket burrito and pulled him close. “You know what, let’s just finish the pizza and keep on watching Grey’s Anatomy because you need it. And tomorrow, I’m gonna pick you up from work and give Baekhyun and Chanyeol the whooping of their life and take you out on a date afterwards. Does that sound good?”

Kyungsoo snuggled up in his hug and chuckled. “That sounds wonderful.”

And when Jongin did show up to his office the next day to scold Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile the whole time. He pressed a kiss against the younger’s lips when he was done with his lecture and he said softly, “Thank you for cheering me up. You’re the best boyfriend ever.”

Jongin gave the other couple the stink eye before kissing the top of Kyungsoo’s head. “Looks like the blanket burrito worked.”

Kyungsoo laughed and the two bade goodbye to his coworkers before they went off on their date.