fight or flight

Tis the Season for Love

fem!jongin gets her bag stolen and kyungsoo saves the day
tbh i have no idea where i was going with this and i've never done like this before so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
words: 2k
warning: lots of cursing and a whole lot of nonsense


“Ugh, I’m so full,” Jongin moaned as she stretched her arms above her head, exposing her midriff.

Sehun snorted as he tugged down her shirt. “I don’t think you want people to see your food baby,” he joked. 

The girl frowned and she slapped his arm. “Shut up. Anyways, thanks for dinner. It was super good and it was awesome seeing you again. You need to crawl out of your man cave more often to see me. You have no idea how lonely I get.”

“I’ll try, I’ll try. And stop calling my office my man cave. There’s a difference. I get work done in my office. In my man cave, well…let’s just say I get different things done.”

“Ew!” She shrieked as she pushed him away.

Sehun burst out into laugher and he pulled her in for a hug. “Oh, it was good seeing you, you crazy . I’ll hit you up whenever I’m free, okay?”

Jongin hugged him back and sighed. “You better, you piece of , or else I’m gonna cut you off forever.”

“Please, you couldn’t last a day without me,” he said as he pulled away.

“Shut up.”

“Make sure to call me when you get home, okay? We gotta protect your precious booty,” Sehun teased as he waved goodbye.

Jongin rolled her eyes and she waved back. “I will. See you, Sehun!”

The girl started down the street, pulling out her ear buds from the outer pocket of her purse. She dug around for her phone but she frowned when she couldn’t feel it anywhere. She halted off to the side and opened up her bag to look of her phone. She pushed aside her wallet, pad bag, and god knows what other garbage she had in there. The moment her fingers brushed against the cool case of her phone, her purse was snatched from her arm.

Jongin looked up in shock and saw a man dressed in all black running down the street with her light pink bag in his hands. Her face grew red and she shouted, “Hey, that’s my bag, you er!”

Pedestrians all stared at her with wide eyes, whispering to one another. She stomped her foot and huffed. “Looks like it’s time to burn off those calories,” she muttered to herself as she hastily tied her hair up into a pony tail.

She took in a deep breath and then started to run after the thief who had already made his way down the block. “You better hope I don’t catch you or else I’m gonna castrate you!” She screamed as she chased after him.

Kyungsoo let out a soft cough as he stepped out from the convenience store. He had walked in earlier to cover for a friend but he couldn’t stop coughing or blowing his nose behind the counter. The manager ushered him out from behind, saying that he couldn’t risk getting any other workers or customers sick so he forced him to go home. It was a blessing in disguise though since he got to go home and catch up on that new drama that was his latest obsession.

He tugged his cap down and pulled up his mask, not wanting to spread his germs around. He stuck his hands in his pockets and started walking down the street when he heard some screaming. He turned around and saw a man dressed in black frantically running away from a menacing looking girl. His eye then caught the light pink purse in his hands and he figured out the situation in a flash.

The thief gruffly shouted, “Move!” as he nearly mowed down an elderly couple on the sidewalk. People moved out of the way while screaming and Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that they were helping him get away instead of stopping him. He made sure his cap was on tightly before rotating his shoulders and taking in a deep breath. 

“Get the out of my way!” The thief roared as he sped towards Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo took one look at the bag and then looked at the man. He then lowered his stance and mumbled, “I hope I still remember how to do this.” He let out a breath and then charged towards him. He met the thief halfway and tackled him down. The two tumbled down on to the concrete sidewalk, the purse knocked out of the thief’s hand. Turned out he still remember the tackle he was famous for back in his high school rugby team.

The thief grunted as he fell down, feeling all of the wind being knocked out of him. He looked around when he saw that his hand was empty and saw the bag a few feet away from him. He squirmed under Kyungsoo’s hold as he tried to reach for the bag but his arm was too short.

Kyungsoo turned his head to see what the thief was busy staring at and saw the discarded light pink purse on his side. He picked it up from the floor and dusted it off. He held it up and glared at him. The thief gulped at the menacing stare, feeling his life flash before his eyes.

“I don’t really think pink’s your color.” Kyungsoo scowled as he gave him the evil eye.

“—you crazy bastard I’m going to chop off your and make it into chew toys for my poodle!” Jongin cursed as she raced towards the two.

The man looked up and saw the girl screaming profanities getting closer. He held up his hands, signaling for the girl to stop running. “Stop running! I already caught the guy!"

Seeing how he was distracted, the thief pushed Kyungsoo off of his lap. He let out a groan as he fell on his back and watched as the thief scrambled up from the floor and quickly ran away from the scene before he really lost his family jewels.

Before Kyungsoo could get up, Jongin skidded to a stop before him and yanked her bag from his grip. She then started to beat him with the leather purse while threatening his life. “You ing ! Do you know how much this bag cost me?! You better ing watch yourself because I grew up in an army family so I can ing snap your neck in half right now—“

“Ow! Wait—ow! Stop hitting me! I’m not—ow—the one whole stole your bag! Ow! Will you—ow—stop hitting me?!” Kyungsoo tried to reason as he held his arms up to protect his face.

Jongin grunted every time she swung the bag down on his back and she swore like mad without a break. “You dickwad! You’re gonna wish you were dead by the time I’m done with you because I’m going to make things slow and painful.”

Kyungsoo caught Jongin’s wrists when they were coming down mid-swing and he shouted hoarsely, “I’m not the one who stole your bag!”

Jongin froze as she watched the man beneath her cough like mad. She lowered her bag and hesitantly asked, “Y-You’re not?”

“No!” Kyungsoo coughed.

“B-But I saw you on the floor with my bag! And you’re wearing all black!”

“Does that mean every guy wearing all black is the thief who stole your bag?! I tackled down the guy who actually had it before he got away! I’m so sorry for letting him get away but just stop hitting me! What’s in that bag, bricks?!”

Jongin fell to the ground with a sigh and she slapped a hand over her face. “God I’m an idiot,” she muttered.

Kyungsoo slowly pushed himself off the ground and grimaced at how sore his arms felt. “You—“ he started but ended up coughing. He stopped to catch his breath after his little episode and he yanked down his mask. “Don’t feel bad. I wouldn’t be in my right mind either if someone stole from me in plain sight.”

Jongin stared at him with wide eyes and she felt her cheeks heat up. She didn’t think of Kyungsoo as anything other than a dirty thief but wow she was wrong. His lips were thick and plush, his skin was slightly tan, his eyes were a dark chocolate, and tufts of his black hair peaked out from underneath his cap. Every time he raised a hand to cover his mouth, his bicep would flex and dear lord have mercy. His cheeks were slightly red but she figured it was from all the coughing he was doing. Plus, it made him look slightly cuter under his stoic expression.

Kyungsoo arched an eyebrow and he waved a hand in front of her face. “Hello?”

She snapped out of he daze and sharply inhaled. “Huh? Oh—uh—“

The man snorted and he got up from the floor. He dusted off his jeans and shirt and noticed a mean gash on his elbow from when he fell back. “Oh crap.”

Jongin looked up and she gasped. “Oh my god, you’re hurt! Wait, I think I have a band aid in here somewhere.”

She set her bag on the floor and started to look through it for a band aid that she swore she had in there. Kyungsoo chuckled and he squatted down in front of her. “See this,” he gestured to her and her bag, “is the reason why you got your bag stolen in the first place.”

The girl stared at him with wide eyes, taken aback by how close his face was to hers. She quickly lowered her head and turned her attention back to the mess that the inside of her bag was. “Shut up,” she grumbled as she dug through the bag.

Kyungsoo’s face softened and he said, “Don’t worry about the band aid. I’ll deal with it myself when I get back home.”

Jongin looked up at him and her face flushed. “S-Sorry about that. And sorry about hitting you with bag as well.”

“It’s okay,” he chuckled as he pulled up his mask. He let out a cough and he joked, “But if I end up going to the hospital because of this, can I get your number so that I know who to call to pay the bills?”

Jongin saw how Kyungsoo’s eyes crinkled and she desperately wished she could see his smile. She shook the thought from her mind and she pulled out her little note pad from her bag. She pushed the pen from the little holder and scribbled her number on the first blank page she landed on. She ripped it and handed it to the man.

Kyungsoo took the paper, surprised that she actually gave him her number, and he looked down at it. Her name was written on the top and below were the ten digits that made up her number. “Kim Jongin,” he said under his breath.

Shivers ran down Jongin’s spine and she quickly shoved everything back in her bag. She tucked a strand of hair that fell loose from her pony tail and cleared . “You know, just call me if I actually did send you to the emergency room. Or—or call me if you just want to meet up or something. I don’t know, you could ignore it too. Do whatever you want with it,” she rambled.

Kyungsoo slightly nudged him up his cap and coughed. “I’ll be sure to keep that mind. Well, I’m going to head home now. Make sure you keep your bag by your side or else someone will steal it from you again.”

“Hey!”

He laughed and Jongin’s cheeks tinted pink. He got up from his squat and nodded at her before stuffing his hands back in his pockets and walking down the streets, a soft cough escaping his lips.

Jongin watched after him and after realizing that she was still on the filthy sidewalk, she got up and speedily headed back home. The moment she entered her home, she heard her phone go off and she pulled it out to see a text from Kyungsoo.

Hey it’s the guy you beat with your bag earlier. I realized I never gave you my name so I was wondering if you were free on Saturday to finally hear it and maybe to go on a date with me? You know, to make up for beating me with your bag.

Jongin couldn’t believe her eyes and she had to hold on to the shoe rack for support. A smile bloomed on her face and suddenly she was okay with the fact that her bag was snatched from her.