brick

Tis the Season for Love

it's cold out so jongin suggests running back home
for those of you who don't know, brick is new york slang for "cold af"
ex: bruh it's brick outside
this is the shortest drabble i've posted and yet it's taken me forever to finish it lol
hope you all enjoy this quick read
words: 686


“It’s cold.”

 

Jongin turned to looked at Kyungsoo, watching the shorter’s puff of breath become a small cloud in the cold December night. His nose and cheeks were pink from the harsh December wind and he tugged at the collar of his pea coat in a futile attempt to shield himself from the oncoming gust.

 

Jongin faced the road once again and he held out his hand. Kyungsoo looked at his outstretched hand and slipped his into it. He shivered at how cold the younger’s hand was and he said, “Forgot your gloves again, huh?”

 

“At least I didn’t forget my scarf.”

 

Kyungsoo snorted. “Touché.” 

 

The two still had another five minutes before they reached their apartment but it felt more like fifty in the freezing cold. Jongin suggested that they walk back from their fancy little double dinner date with Baekhyun and Chanyeol because he wanted to try and digest a bit before hopping into bed and falling into a food coma. Kyungsoo thought it was a pretty good idea since he ate a bit too much as well but now that they were walking, he regretted the decision.

 

The couple continued to walk down the street in silence, the only sounds coming from cars driving down the other street. Suddenly, Jongin stopped and looked at Kyungsoo with a mischievous grin. “Hey, wanna race back home?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at him as if he had a third eye on his forehead. “First you wanted to walk all the way home from the restaurant and now you want to run? You’re crazy.”

 

“Come on, it’ll be fun!” Jongin bounced excitedly. “Plus, it’ll help warm us up.”

 

“I don’t know…” Kyungsoo said hesitantly.

 

“How about we make a bet? Loser has to grant the winner one wish. It could be anything like doing the dishes for the rest of the month or whatever. So, do you wanna race back home?” Jongin suggested.

 

Kyungsoo stared at him for a moment before darting down the road, turning back and shouting, “Catch me if you can!”

 

Jongin stared incredulously before snapping out of his daze and sprinting after the elder. “You cheater!”

 

Soon Jongin caught up with Kyungsoo and even managed to surpass him. Kyungsoo gasped and he continued to chase after the younger. He miraculously caught up and tugged on his arm, slowing him down so he could surpass him. He let out a giggle when he saw the look of disbelief on Jongin’s face, sticking his tongue out and teasing him. “You’re gonna have to do better than that, Jongin!”

 

“Hyung!”

 

The apartment complex soon came into sight and before Kyungsoo could announce his victory, Jongin ran up from behind and lifted him up. Kyungsoo let out a shriek as Jongin spun him around, the younger’s chest rumbling as he laughed whole-heartedly.

 

The sound of their laughter and screams echoed in the silent street. Eventually, Jongin put Kyungsoo back down and the two called a momentary truce to catch their breaths.

 

Jongin straightened up and he stared at Kyungsoo who was still giggling to himself. His cheeks and nose were a bright red and puffs of smoke escaped from his lips every time he exhaled. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to his pink cheek. The elder looked at him surprise before breaking out into a small smile and reciprocating the sweet gesture.

 

“Wanna call it a tie?” Jongin asked, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist and pulling him in close.

 

Kyungsoo rested his head on his chest and hummed. “I don’t think it was a tie. I’m pretty sure I won.”

 

“No, I think it was a tie.”

 

Kyungsoo looked up at him and a mischievous grin bloomed. “Wanna see who makes it back inside first?”

 

Jongin chuckled and squeezed the elder. “So now you want to race?”

 

“I’m in it to win it.”

 

There was a beat before Kyungsoo slipped out of Jongin’s embrace and ran for the entrance of the apartment complex. “See you inside, Kim!”

 

Jongin stared dumbfounded before shaking his head and chasing after the man. “I should be saying that to you!"