a bit too chill

Tis the Season for Love

based off of this tumblr post
lmao it's been a while and yet i present to you trash like i'm pretty sure i could've ended this better but meh gotta study
on the bright side, who's gOING TO THE NEWARK EXO CONCERT BECAUSE I AMMMMMMMMM
words: 2.2k


Kyungsoo knew that there was something suspicious about Jongin. He didn’t notice it at first when they first started dating since they weren’t glued to the side all the time but since they moved in together, he knew there was something fishy.

 

Every month, Jongin would just disappear for three days and then come back home as if nothing happened. Kyungsoo thought he was cheating but when he thought about how loyal the younger was and how he repeatedly told him he would never leave him for someone else, he immediately scrapped the idea. However, he was still feeling unsettled and decided to follow him one day to get to the bottom of the issue.

 

Kyungsoo followed Jongin to the park that was connected to the woods a few miles away from their apartment and kept a close eye on him while maintaining a reasonable distance. The boy passed the jungle gym and baseball field, heading towards the wildwood trail. He took his eye off Jongin for a second when a giant moth flew into his line of vision. He floundered for a second as he shooed the bug away and by the time it was gone, Jongin was gone as well, leaving him to trudge home with slumped shoulders. 

 

Whenever he asked Jongin about his monthly excursions, the younger would just smile and give him a peck. “Don’t worry about it,” he said. Still, it did nothing to alleviate his worrying.

 

Kyungsoo soon figured out the pattern to Jongin’s disappearances and realized that he would leave right around the full moon. That’s why for the upcoming full moon, he would try to prevent Jongin from leaving to get to the bottom of everything.

 

“Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asked from the couch, watching as Jongin emerged from their room all dressed to go out.

 

Jongin gave him a small smile and said, “Just out. I’ll be back soon.”

 

Kyungsoo jumped off the couched and ran towards the door, holding his arms out so that he was blocking the exit. “Not today, Jongin.”

 

There was a look of surprise on the younger’s face and he turned back to look at the clock. “Oh god, it’s getting late. Look Soo, I really have to go.”

 

“Not unless you tell me where you’re going and what you’re going to do,” the elder argued.

 

Jongin let out a sigh and he tried pushing his lover to the side. “It’s none of your business. Seriously, I have to get going or else.”

 

Kyungsoo stumbled to the side and while Jongin was putting his shoes on, he slid over to the door and created a barricade with his body. “Or else what? Jongin, I’m not mad at you or anything. I just want to know where you’re going!”

 

The younger huffed and he turned back once more to check the clock. He started to grow antsy when he saw that it was nearing nine. He turned back to Kyungsoo and pleaded, “I can’t explain it but I have to go now! I’m serious, Soo, I have to go.”

 

“And disappear for 3 days?! Do you know how worried I get when you just up and leave? I even followed you once just to see where you were going and if you were cheating on me. Is it really that hard to just tell me what’s going on? You know I won’t judge,” Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

Jongin was torn between explaining his circumstances and just pushing Kyungsoo away from the door so he could get the hell out of the apartment but it seemed time was running out with the full moon finally becoming prominent in the night sky. He stiffened and turned to look through the window, noticing the glowing luna showing itself. His pupils dilated and started to glow a golden yellow as his canines slowly grew. He faced Kyungsoo again and the elder was taken aback by his sudden change in appearance.

 

“Hyung,” he uttered as he crumpled down to the floor, arms wrapped around himself and his whole frame shaking.

 

Kyungsoo gasped and dropped down to his knees. “Jongin, are you okay? Should I call for an ambulance?” He fretted as he wrapped an arm around the boy’s shoulders.

 

Suddenly, Jongin pushed him away and said through gritted teeth, “Hyung, look away.”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo looked at him in confusion.

 

“Just look away!” Jongin growled. 

 

Despite being taken aback by the snarl, Kyungsoo did as he said. He heard pained grunts and pants coming from the boy, piquing his concern and curiosity. He carefully turned his head and his jaw dropped at the sight.

 

Jongin was hunched over, arms tightly wrapped around his waist. His breathing was labored and a layer of sweat coated his forehead. His grunts and moans soon transitioned into something that sounded more animalistic, resembling the growling of an angered dog. Slowly his frame started to grow and the cracks that resound echoed as the clothes on his back became smaller and soon bursted open at the seams. He dropped on to all fours and hair started to grow all over his body as his clothes limply fell to the floor. His lips curled into a snarl and his canines elongated and sharpened. Ears appeared on the top of his head and his eyes turned golden as his nose became a snout. And finally, his hands and feet grew into large paws as his nails became claws and fur covered his entire arms and legs.

 

Kyungsoo watched the transformation with wide eyes and his mouth agape. He just watched his boyfriend turn into a wolf. 

 

Jongin shook out himself out and he slowly turned around, his glowing eyes meeting Kyungsoo’s. The elder gulped and he carefully leaned forward. “Jongin?” He whispered.

 

Jongin let out a bark and Kyungsoo hushed him. “Shush! You know dogs aren’t allowed in the building.”

 

The wolf let out a softer bark and he seemed to roll his eyes as if saying yeah, that’s why I don’t transform inside.

 

Kyungsoo watched him with amusement when he noticed the same sass the human version of him would use on him. He reached out for the wolf and let out a chuckle when Jongin met him halfway and nuzzled his head into his hand. He scratched at the spot behind his ear and burst out laughing when the wolf grinned dopily and started to wag his tail.

 

When Kyungsoo’s heavenly scratches came to an end, Jongin started to wander around the apartment, his claws clicking softly against the wooden floors. Kyungsoo followed after him and cocked an eyebrow when he saw him standing in front of his office. He turned his head back and looked at him, raising a paw and gently scratching at the door.

 

Getting the message, Kyungsoo opened the door and turned the lights on. Jongin started to sniff around, sticking his nose here and there before letting out another soft bark when he found what he was looking for. 

 

Jongin pushed his swivel chair off to the side and pawed at the white poster board that rested against the inside of the desk. When he managed to scoot it out a bit, he bit the corner and tugged the entire poster from its hiding spot. He turned around and sat down, the poster still dangling from his mouth and a dark spot starting to form from his saliva.

 

Kyungsoo squatted down and took the poster from his mouth. He held it upright and then slapped a hand over his mouth to suppress the laugh that was threatening to bubble up. On the white poster board was a crude drawing of human Jongin, the phases of the moon, and then wolf Jongin. The longer he stared, the more he couldn’t resist and soon he roared with laughter.

 

Jongin seemed to frown at his reaction and let out a bark. Kyungsoo stifled his chuckles with a fist and breathed, “I’m sorry but you really can’t draw.”

 

The wolf huffed and then haughtily turned around so that his back faced the man. Kyungsoo took a few deep breaths and then called out to him. “Jongin, look at me.”

 

Jongin harrumphed and raised his chin haughtily. Kyungsoo shook his head and stretched out a hand to his head. “Come on, I just wanna talk. I’m not mad at you or anything.”

 

After a beat, Jongin gave in and turned around, ears pressed against his head. Kyungsoo softly chuckled and he held up the poster. “So you mean to tell me that you’re a werewolf and that only reason you disappear every month is so that you can transform in the park instead of in here?”

 

Jongin nodded and barked. Kyungsoo sighed and looked at the poster once more before looking at the wolf. “You’re an idiot, you know that? You should’ve just told me!”

 

The wolf tilted his head and blinked. He opened his mouth once again to let out another bark but instead huffed in frustration. It wasn’t exactly easy explaining his circumstances in his wolf form.

 

Sensing Jongin’s annoyance at not being able to speak, Kyungsoo let out a breath. “You know what? Let’s just save this all for the morning when you’re human again. Wait, you do turn back in the morning, right?”

 

Jongin nodded and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but chortle at the sight. “Alright. Well, it’s getting kind of late so we should head to bed.”

 

At the sound of going to bed, Jongin’s tail started to wag again and he darted to the bedroom. Kyungsoo trailed behind him and stood at the door with his lips tugged into a warm smile.

 

Jongin had gotten very comfortable on the bed, lying down on his side of the bed as his tail wagged in the air and his tongue hung from his mouth. Kyungsoo soon joined him, making himself comfortable under the soft duvet. He watched in fascination at the wolf started to circle the bed, occasionally stepping on the man’s legs by accident. He curled up next to his lover, head resting on his own pillow and golden eyes staring straight into warm brown ones.

 

Kyungsoo sighed with a smile and he ran a hand through Jongin’s luscious fur. “Good night, Jongin.”

 

The wolf let out a cute whine, as if he was telling him good night. Kyungsoo held back a chuckle and he turned off the light, soon drifting off into slumber and forgetting that he was sleeping with a wolf.

 

 

 

 

Light spilled into the room through the crack in the curtains, signaling that it was morning. Kyungsoo let out a groan as he rolled onto his other side, arm following and flopping on top of a hard abdomen. His eyebrows furrowed at how hairless the body he was touching and he ran his hands up and down just to see if he could find any fur. He heard a light giggle and his eyes opened to see Jongin in his human form.

 

The elder took a moment to register the sight, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and then staring intensely at the man. Jongin squirmed a bit and whispered, “Hyung?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at him before scrambling into a sitting position. “Oh my god, Jongin, when did you turn back? And are you ?”

 

Jongin sat up, cheeks tinting a pretty pink. “The moment the sun rose. And yes, I am. I mean, my clothes did completely rip to shreds when I transformed. Kinda because I really liked those jeans I was wearing.”

 

“Just get another pair. So does that mean you’ll be transforming again tonight since the full moon usually lasts for three days?”

 

“Yeah. Sorry for not telling you, hyung.”

 

“You know, I’m okay with it. I think it has to do with that little poster you had prepared,” Kyungsoo teased with a smirk.

 

Jongin’s face flared and he frowned. “I do not at drawing, by the way. I thought it was pretty good.”

 

“It was, babe, it was.” Kyungsoo comforted the younger by pecking his cheek.

 

Jongin nonetheless pouted and Kyungsoo just pulled him in for a hug. The younger looked up at him and said, “I’m actually really surprised that you’re taking all this really well. I thought you would’ve freaked out or something.”

 

“I was freaking out at first,” Kyungsoo breathed, “but then I realized that nothing changed. You’re a giant puppy either way.”

 

“Hey! I am a werewolf, there’s a difference.” Jongin haughtily raised his nose up.

 

Well dogs and wolves are both canines so you are related in a way.”

 

Jongin fell silent and Kyungsoo just laughed. “But you’re my puppy,” he said softly as he looked at his lover.

 

And even though Jongin was in his human form, Kyungsoo could just see his tail wagging uncontrollably. He leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss on the younger’s lips. “My cute little puppy."

 

The next time Jongin transformed, he did it comfortably within the confines of his apartment and then snuggled up to Kyungsoo for movie night. He rested his head on the elder's knee, tail wagging nonstop. Kyungsoo's hand never stopped his head, making him feel sleepy until the man just had to ruin the moment with a simple question.

 

"Hey, would you be mad if I wanted to frame that poster up?"