bite me

Tis the Season for Love

sequel to don't worry i don't bite
haven't been writing a lot since i've been going through a rough time and also because of work
words: 4.2k
warning: some humor in the beginning and idk what the describe the rest and it's unedited but meh


Kyungsoo stares into space blankly as he listens to his professor drone on and on about the Korean War. He occasionally snaps out of his daze to take down some notes but soon goes back to zoning out because let’s be real, listening to a professor lecture about something he learned about in middle school while speaking in a monotone isn’t the most exciting thing to do.

Unconsciously, he lifts his hand up to his mouth and is about to chomp down on his nails when he sees the light reflecting on the shiny surface of them. His mind wanders to Jongin and he lowers his hand with a sigh.

To his right, Jongdae watches the whole scene unfold and he gawks at the sight of Kyungsoo not biting his nails. It was like the world was ending.

“Dude, are you okay?” He whispers loudly.

Kyungsoo turns his head with the arch of an eyebrow and he goes, “What?”

Jongdae gestures to his entire being and dramatically says, “You’re not biting your nails. Do Kyungsoo not biting his nails is like me saying no to Chipotle.”

The shorter boy snorts at the comparison because Jongdae loves his daily dose of Chipotle just like how he can't resist biting his nails whenever and wherever.

“I mean, I kinda don’t want to ruin my nails.” Kyungsoo shrugs as he holds his hand out in front of him and inspects his nails, his nail beds looking shiny under the fluorescent lights.

His best friend scrunches his eyebrows in confusion and he then grabs his hand. “What do you mean ruin—oh my god, is this what I think it is?”

Kyungsoo pulls his hand back and hisses, “No, it’s not so shut up and pay attention.”

Jongdae notices how his ears are all red and he smirks. “Do Kyungsoo, you got a manicure!” He half shouts because they’re still in the middle of lecture and they’re sitting in the middle of the room.

A few students turn their heads, giving the two of them weird looks before turning back to the front. Kyungsoo’s face glows and he frowns. “Shut up!”

“Oh come on, it’s not like getting a manicure is a bad thing but you of all people? I thought you would hate that stuff since you always mangle your nails.”

Kyungsoo holds a finger up to Jongdae’s face for a moment as he jots down an important note. He lowers the digit soon after and he lets out a sigh. “You think I wanted to get my nails done? My mom was busting my chops about it a few weeks ago so she dragged me out with her and made me get them done. For the record, they do look pretty nice though. And the guy who did was my nails was super hot.”

The other boy pauses for a moment before his slides up closer to the boy with his lips curling into a sly grin. “So there was a hot guy involved in this, huh? Do tell me more.”

One of the most important rules about being friends with Jongdae is to never, under any circumstances, talk about any potential crushes or lovers because he literally will not stop grilling you about it and will only stop when you spill the beans. And turns out, Kyungsoo momentarily forgot about the rule.

The sound of paper rustling and bags being zipped hastily end up saving Kyungsoo from having to explain himself for a good two minutes. He quickly packs his bag and as he waits for the people in his row to get up from their seats, Jongdae breathes down his neck, “When are you going to tell me about this hot guy who gave you a manicure?”

Kyungsoo flinches violently and he turns around with a scowl. “You’re so ing weird, Jongdae. And never because he’s none of your business.”

Kyungsoo shuffles out of the row, Jongdae following after him and he whines, “Come on, Soo, humor me for a little bit. I’m tired and I want to get something to drink but I left my wallet at home so just tell me!”

The two exit the room and Kyungsoo lets out a heavy sigh as Jongdae continuously chants “tell me” in his ear. He sometimes wonders why he’s even friends with the man but then he remembers all the crazy they went through together as kids and he’s okay with it.

He halts in the middle of the hallway, Jongdae nearly crashing into him. He turns around and sighs, “Do you really wanna know that badly?”

“Yes! Now tell me!”

Kyungsoo starts to bite his nails nervously and he lets out a groan when he realizes what he’s doing. His face contorts into a grimace because the nail strengthener had a weird taste and also because he knows that he ruined his nails. Again. His hand drops to his side weakly and starts talking. “There’s nothing special about it, to be honest. My mom dragged me to SM Nail Salon because she had an appointment there and forced me to get my nails fixed and Jongin, the super hot guy, was my nail tech for the day. We just talked while he did my nails and he gave me his number at the end.”

Jongdae halts in the hallway, eyes wide and jaw slack. “Oh my god, you got his number?! Have you called him yet? Better yet, call him now!” He exclaims.

“What? No! I’m not calling him!”

“Come on, you have to call him! How long has it been since you got his number?”

“Maybe almost a month?”

Jongdae nearly dies at the time frame and he shouts, “Now he thinks you’re not interested in him!”

Students passing by on their way to class snicker at their interaction while others give them judging stares. Kyungsoo runs over to slap a hand over Jongdae’s mouth and he glares at him. The other man just gives a look that reads ‘really?’ and he a big fat stripe on his palm.

Kyungsoo lets out an unmanly shriek as he rips his hand from Jongdae’s mouth. He wipes his hand on his jeans and gives him the stink eye. “You’re so disgusting!”

“And you’re stupid,” Jongdae quips with a proud smile. “Seriously though, you should call him. Show that you’re still interested in him. Why don’t you set up another appointment with him so that it gives you an excuse to see him?”

The shorter man stops wiping his hand furiously on his jeans and blinks. “That’s actually a good point. Maybe I should call him.”

Jongdae throws his hands up in defeat and he says with extra emphasis, “Thank you! Do you actually have his number on you?”

“I actually do.”

Jongdae lets out a gasp and sidles up next to him with an expectant look on his face. He watches as Kyungsoo takes out his wallet and pulls out a nice little business card with a certain set of digits on the back. He starts to squeal and when Kyungsoo turns around to glare at him, he cowers back a bit.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he pulls out his phone. Before he even opens up the phone application, he pauses in thought. “Wait, what am I even going to say to him? Maybe this is a bad idea.”

“Are you serious?!” Jongdae groans in frustration. He snatches Kyungsoo’s phone out of his hand along with the business card and taps in the numbers on the keypad. Once he presses the green call button with the phone on it, he shoves it up against Kyungsoo’s ear.

“Hey, watch it—“

“Hello?” A velvety voice comes from the other side after ringing a few times.

Kyungsoo freezes at Jongin’s smooth voice and Jongdae has to elbow him in the side really hard to snap him out of his daze.

“Ow!”

“Hello?”

Jongdae gestures for him to start talking and Kyungsoo stutters a lame greeting. “H-Hi Jongin, it’s Kyungsoo.”

The other line is silent for a moment before Jongin brightly exclaims, “Kyungsoo! How have you been? Have you biting your nails?”

“I’m okay and I’ve been trying really hard not to bite sometimes but you know, old habits die hard. How have you been?”

There’s a soft chuckle that sends shivers down Kyungsoo’s spine. “I’m good. Wow, I was sure that my manicure would stop your biting but I guess I’ll need to put in a little more effort. Hey, why don’t you stop by tomorrow around noon? I can fix up your nails again if you want.”

Jongdae has his ear pressed up against the other side of the phone and when he hears Jongin invite him for another appointment, he screams, “He’ll be there! I’ll make sure he’ll be there!”

Jongin makes a noise of confusion and Kyungsoo steps away from Jongdae with a glower. “Sorry, that was my idiot friend. Is twelve thirty okay? I have class in the morning and it might take me a little bit to get there.”

“That’s perfect. I will see you tomorrow then.”

“Oh you’ll see him!” Jongdae shouts with a huge grin on his face.

Kyungsoo pushes him away and shyly smiles. “See you tomorrow.”

After hanging up the phone, he whirls around and punches Jongdae’s arm. The man gasps in pain and he nurses his arm. “What the hell was that for?!”

“For being an annoying little . And for helping me see Jongin tomorrow,” he mutters the last part.

Jongdae manages to catch the whisper and he smirks. He throws his uninjured arm over Kyungsoo’s shoulders and pulls him close. “That’s what best friends are for, Soo. Now, let’s go to Starbucks because I could really use a peach green tea lemonade.”

“I thought you left your wallet at home.”

“I did. You’re paying because I helped score you a date with the hottie at the nail salon.”

“Ugh, fine.”

 

 

 

The next day comes too quickly and Kyungsoo is a nervous mess during his philosophy lecture. He would love to pay attention to his professor’s riveting lecture about Kant and his ethics but the only thing on his mind is the fact that he’s going to see Jongin in less than an hour. All he can do is keep checking the time and bite his nails, despite promising not to.

The moment class is over, Kyungsoo slowly packs his things in attempt to drag out the time because he is not ready to see Jongin at all. Unfortunately, Jongdae catches on and he shoves his things into his bag. The former looks up with a frown. “Hey! You’re gonna wrinkle my notes!”

“Oh boo hoo, we all know you like to rewrite your notes anyways. Stop being a slow poke and hurry up! It’s already a quarter to twelve so you need to get going,” Jongdae nagged with his hands on his hips.

Kyungsoo pouts like a child and says, “Can I not go? I’m not ready to see him.”

“No! You have to go see him! Trust me, you’ll thank me for this later. Now get to the bus stop or else you’ll be late!”

Jongdae pushes Kyungsoo out of the classroom and of the building. The shorter man turns around and looks at him worriedly. “What if this goes down the drain because he realizes that I’m a super lame person?”

“That may be true but maybe he’ll like that about you. Now go before I personally take you there myself!”

“Wow, you’re such a pal.”

“I know. Seriously, you need to be making your way to the nail salon for your little date with Jongin. Now go!”

“It’s not a date.”

Jongdae looks like he’s about to implode and he shouts, “Just go, you idiot!”

Kyungsoo gives him a look and sighs in defeat. “Fine, I’ll go. But if this doesn’t work out, it’s all on your head.”

“Kyungsoo, for the love of god, will you get going already?!”

“Okay, fine! Bye, you er.”

“Love you too.”

Kyungsoo finally leaves the building and rushes across campus to get to the bus stop because he spent nearly ten minutes arguing with Jongdae and those ten minutes could’ve gotten him halfway to the nail shop already.

The whole ride there, Kyungsoo is nervously biting his nails even though he said he wouldn’t. He couldn’t help himself because it was his go-to when feeling nervous and he was also feeling really uncomfortable with how long they were. His nails were longer than he was used to and he felt compelled bite them to shorten them.

He hops off the bus after a good twenty minute ride and he walks just a few blocks from the bus stop to get to the nail salon. He’s biting his nails the whole way there and he feels slightly sorry for having to make Jongin clean up after his mess.

Kyungsoo is soon standing in front of the doors of SM Nail Salon and he can’t bring himself to open the door. For starters, his heart is racing just thinking about seeing Jongin and it was also his first time there without his mom. It was going to extremely awkward. 

A tall blonde woman walks out of the salon with a wide smile on her face, satisfied with her mani-pedi. She notices Kyungsoo staring at the store and she holds the door open, thinking that he’s there for a session himself. He weakly smiles at her and nods as he enters the shop. He shyly shuffles toward the receptionist’s desk and he see Wendy grinning at him.

“Kyungsoo, right?” She says.

He awkwardly grins and he nods. “Yup, that’s me.”

The blonde gets up from her desk and she gestures towards the back of the shop. “Jongin is waiting in the back so follow me, please.”

Kyungsoo blinks because he assumed that he would be seated at one of the manicure tables like last time but is instead being guided to the back. He wordlessly follows after the receptionist and they’re soon standing in front of a white door, a gold plaque with Jongin’s name on it smack dab in the middle.

Wendy softly knocks on the door and announces, “Jongin, Kyungsoo is here.” 

There’s some rustling and then the door swings open, a smiling Jongin standing in the doorway. “Kyungsoo! Glad you could make it!”

It takes Kyungsoo’s entire being not to drool because god he looks hotter than I remember. Jongin’s bangs are swept up, exposing his forehead and nice eyebrows. He’s wearing a simple white button up and a pair of sinful black skinny jeans that hug his thighs and just right. A pair of simple black dress shoes complete his look and if anyone asks what it means for someone to be y, Kyungsoo would climb to the roof of the building with Jongin behind him and scream, “THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE Y!"

“Well, come in! Make yourself comfy,” Jongin says as he welcomes Kyungsoo into his office.

Kyungsoo gasps at the interior and he hesitantly steps into the room. “A-Are you sure it’s okay for me to be here? Everything looks so…expensive.”

Jongin laughs as closes the door. “It’s fine. I figured you might feel a little awkward being the only guy out in the shop getting your nails done so I thought you might be a bit more comfortable in my office. Unless you’d prefer it be done outside…”

“No, this is fine. Thank you. Wow, I feel like a VIP,” Kyungsoo jokes as he sits down across from Jongin, setting his book bag on the floor.

Jongin softly chuckles as he clears some papers from his desk and pulls out some supplies from a drawer off to the left. “Well, you are my special guest so it’s only right that you get special treatment.”

Kyungsoo's cheeks turn red and he shyly smiles. Jongin smiles back and he holds a hand out. “Now, why don’t we get started? Let me see your nails.”

“You’re gonna really hate me when you see them,” Kyungsoo says as he hesitantly places his hand in Jongin’s large warm one.

The elder holds the hand up and inspects the nails. He lets out a sigh and shakes his head. “Oh Kyungsoo, you really weren’t kidding when you said that you bite your nails a lot.”

“I tried really hard not to!” The younger retorts. “It’s just that this is the longest they’ve been in years and when they get long, I’m compelled to bite them.”

Jongin chortles as he grabs his nail clipper. “I believe you. So, are you ready or do you need me to explain everything to you again?” He asks teasingly.

Kyungsoo gasps and he fakes a frown. “That’s mean.”

“Sorry, sorry. It was just too easy to tease you,” Jongin says with a boyish grin as he starts cutting Kyungsoo’s nails.

Kyungsoo tugs a corner of his lip into a half smile and he shrugs. “It’s fine. It’s not like it was your first time teasing me.”

“That’s very true.”

The two fall into a comfortable silence as Jongin fixes up his nails, the only sound in the room being the scratching from the file. Once Jongin finishes buffing his nails, he gives the younger directions to the bathroom where he can wash off his hands with soap and water. On his way there, he can’t stop staring at his nails, completely in awe at what the elder did. He stops mid-step when he notices a hangnail by one of his nails and he feels extremely bothered by it. He looks back at the office door, debating whether or not he should tell Jongin or just deal with it himself.

“Oh it,” he says softly under his breath. Up his finger goes and he’s soon biting his nails in the hallway. He gets close to biting off the hangnail but fails every time, making him frustrated. He keeps trying to bite and bite, making his trip to the bathroom twice as long as it should be.

“Kyungsoo, are you—oh, you’re biting your nail again,” Jongin says, voice laced with disappointment.

Kyungsoo looks up and he immediately drops his hand to his side. “S-Sorry,” he apologizes as if he’s a child being scolded by a teacher. “There was a hangnail and I thought I could take care of it but I probably should’ve told you instead.”

“Yeah, that would’ve been a good idea,” Jongin says in a low voice as he steps towards him.

Kyungsoo steps back one step for every step that Jongin takes forward. He laughs nervously and says, “I’m sure it’s not that big of a deal. I mean I did manage to get the hangnail without ripping anything but—“

His back is soon up against the wall and he has to look up at the taller man. He gulps as the elder cranes his neck down and whispers in a husky voice, “I think we need to find a way to occupy your lips so you don’t always bite your nails.”

Kyungsoo turns his head to the side and he tries to laugh off the situation. “W-What do you mean?” He asks as his eyes wander around, trying to avoid Jongin’s piercing gaze.

Jongin gently grabs his jaw with two fingers and he turns Kyungsoo’s head so that he’s looking right at him. He leans forward and he ghosts over his lips, “Lucky for you, I have the perfect way to keep you from biting your lips.”

Before Kyungsoo can say anything, Jongin’s lips press against his, knocking the wind out of him. His eyes are wide and his body is stiff, taken aback by the sudden kiss. But when he feels Jongin’s tongue swiping at his bottom lip, he relaxes into his touch and grants him access, finally kissing him back.

Kyungsoo has kissed his fair share of guys in his life but none have ever been able to make him weak in the knees like Jongin. He was on a totally different level.

Jongin snakes an arm around Kyungsoo’s waist and pulls him closer, pressing his body up against his. Kyungsoo lets out a little mewl and he loops his arms around Jongin’s neck, pulling him down a bit more so that he didn’t have to stand on his tip toes the entire time. They kiss each other with fervor, lips smacking and swallowing each other’s moans.

Kyungsoo pulls away, gasping for air. His face is a glowing red and he stares up at Jongin with wide eyes. “W-What was that all about?” He pants, chest heaving rapidly as he tries to inhale as much oxygen as he can.

Jongin breathes a bit heavily and he leans down to say softly, “I’ve been wanting to do that ever since I laid eyes on you a month ago. You have no idea how long I waited for you to call me. You’re different, Kyungsoo, and I want to get to know you.”

The younger stares at him like a deer in headlights and the elder just lets out a sigh, head hanging low. He runs a hand through his hair and he stands up straight. “Sorry about that. Just forget that ever happened. Let’s just finish your manicure.”

“Did you know that you’re really hot?” Kyungsoo blurts out of nowhere.

Jongin blinks and Kyungsoo’s face and ears turn a bright red. He gulps before continuing. “You’re really really hot. Like the moment I saw you last month, the only thought that ran through my mind was “this guy is hella hot.””

“Wait, what are you trying to say?” Jongin asks, holding a hand up and his eyebrows scrunching together.

Kyungsoo takes in a breath and he says, “What I’m trying to say is that I didn’t hate the kiss. I actually liked it and I want you to do it again. Also, I want to get to know you too.”

The elder looks at him for a moment before breaking out into a relieved smile and letting out a whoosh of air. “Oh my goodness, I’m so glad to hear that. Honestly, I was scared you were going to report me for ual harassment.”

Kyungsoo looks him in the eye and deadpans, “I’d be lying if I said I didn't think about it.”

Jongin freezes and then Kyungsoo gently punches his arm with a joking smile. “Relax. I probably would’ve never come back here for the rest of my life but I wouldn’t press charges against you.”

The taller man lets out a chuckle and he places his hands on either side of Kyungsoo’s head. He leans down and he smirks. “That’s good to know. Now, about what I said before. I think I found the best solution to keep you from biting your nails.”

Kyungsoo tilts his head to the side, acting clueless when he knows what Jongin’s thinking. “And what would that be?” He asks innocently.

The elder chuckles and he whispers softly, “To bite me instead.”

Shivers run down Kyungsoo’s spine and he looks up at the elder. “I think I like the sound of that,” he grins as he wraps a hand behind his neck and pulls him down for another kiss.

Jongin pulls away and he smiles softly. “As much as I want to kiss the living daylights out of you, I think I should finish what you came here for.”

Kyungsoo looks down at his nails and he has a sheepish look on his face. “That sounds nice.”

The two make their way back to Jongin’s office and the owner quickly finishes off his manicure. Before Kyungsoo can pull out his wallet to pay the man, Jongin holds up a hand and says that it’s on the house.

“What? Are you sure?”

“I’m positive. Besides, I already got my payment in a different form.”

Kyungsoo’s face flushes and he shyly looks down at his feet. “Shut up,” he mumbles.

Jongin laughs and he reaches out for the younger’s hand. “You know,” he starts, “I feel kinda bad for just springing that kiss on you out of nowhere.”

“It’s fine,” Kyungsoo says as he tries to fight back a smile because he really liked the kiss.

“But still, let me make it up to you. How about a date? Tomorrow at eight? I could come pick you up,” the elder offers.

The college student is taken aback but he smiles nonetheless. “I’d like that.”

A smile blooms on Jongin’s face and he runs a hand through his hair. “Awesome. So I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, tomorrow.”

Jongin walks Kyungsoo to the door and just before he can open it, Kyungsoo whirls around and looks up at him. “But before I go, do you think I can get one more kiss? If you kiss me, I think I’ll be able to refrain from biting my nails for the rest of the day.”

Jongin laughs loudly and he can’t help but smile. “Are you sure one is enough?”

“No but it’ll do the trick for now.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes twinkle with mischief and Jongin shakes his head with a grin as he leans forward and kisses him once more.

Kyungsoo lets out a sigh and he says into the kiss, “I could get used to this.”

“Me too."